Sources say Torn ACL for Palmer - Out for the Season

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
And then showed nothing the 2nd series. Blame the playcalls or the execution?

Not worried about that. Carson got all the reps last week, Stanton will get them this week. He'll be ready.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And then showed nothing the 2nd series. Blame the playcalls or the execution?

True, but did Palmer shred the Rams defense today?? Would rather have Stanton in there than any other back up that is in the NFL now. IMO

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Omg, I feel so badly for Palmer. hopefully he'll come back next year 100%.

Ed Burmila

Registered
Reaction score
Would rather have Palmer but we don't have him. We have Stanton. We can win games with him.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Start looking at roster for any Qb on a prcatice squad that has played for Arians. If there's one out there he'll be our guy.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
No way can we have Logan as our backup one more concussion for Stanton and we don't win another game the rest of the year. Today is a bad day.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That play to Brown..... Stanton looked as good as any QB in the league.. The pocket awareness, the throw.. He has all the tools, hopefully with a lot of first team reps he can get that completion percentage up.

I'm not gonna lose faith just yet.

If Stanton can't stay healthy, I'm officially in panic mode.

FrustratedFan04

All Star
Reaction score
Lost in the doom and gloom is the fact Palmer saved the game today with that tackle after the INT. Without that, there's no win. He's a heck of a player. If he's gone it hurts but we can't change it. We can win with Stanton but must find an NFL back-up not Logan. Someone mentioned Freeman. We'd have to hold out noses but he'd be better then Logan IMO.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lost in the doom and gloom is the fact Palmer saved the game today with that tackle after the INT. Without that, there's no win. He's a heck of a player. If he's gone it hurts but we can't change it. We can win with Stanton but must find an NFL back-up not Logan. Someone mentioned Freeman. We'd have to hold out noses but he'd be better then Logan IMO.
Forgot about the big tackle he made.

Josh Freeman has to be better than LT. We have to bring in some vet, just don't know who.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but we're not really worried about the regular season here--we're making the playoffs, we know this much. Do you really think we can win a Super Bowl with Stanton? No way, IMO.

I agree, but could we win a SB with Palmer?? Palmer has never gone deep in the playoff, and has always been known as a choker in crunch time. Trust me, this sucks big time. I'd much rather have CP running the show, but it's not like we just lost a Brees, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, or Rodgers.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

I think that TD saving full speed run and tackle might have stressed Palmer's ACL earlier in the game, so I'm blaming Grice for the injury!! :p

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
I agree, but could we win a SB with Palmer?? Palmer has never gone deep in the playoff, and has always been known as a choker in crunch time. Trust me, this sucks big time. I'd much rather have CP running the show, but it's not like we just lost a Brees, Manning, Brady, Big Ben, or Rodgers.

Wow what a horrible attitude during a player's time of need. Not sure how long you have watched football, but Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco have won Super Bowl rings recently. I will stand by Steve Keim, Bruce Arians and the Cardinals collective team attitude.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but we're not winning a Super Bowl with Stanton. We're pretty much already in the playoffs, but this just shot our chance at the big one.

Yes. We will still make the playoffs, but we need more from the QB position than what Stanton can provide to get to, and win the Super Bowl.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Wow what a horrible attitude during a player's time of need. Not sure how long you have watched football, but Trent Dilfer and Joe Flacco have won Super Bowl rings recently. I will stand by Steve Keim, Bruce Arians and the Cardinals collective team attitude.

He did not say anything bad and was rather supportive of the reality of the situation in my opinion. Palmer has had problems in the playoffs and all he is saying was though it stinks Palmer is hurt (which he and myself and many others wish was not the case and Palmer was alright), he is only questioning how bad it really does affect our chances. It is a legit opinion that actually struggles to find some silver lining in this... and I still think we can win with Stanton, though I too wish Palmer was still under center despite his past history :)

seesred

Reaction score
We will win with Stanton period. The team will support him and continue winning. Look out Detroit. We are 8-1 nothing will stop us this year.

GBR

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

attachment.php

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Sucks. I hate the freaking Rams man...... They are full of bad voodoo.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
???

In Cinci, he tore his ACL and MCL in January and was back under centre in September.

Many things working against Palmer, this time around....2nd time to the same knee...he's now 34, not 26ish...oh, and he didn't play really well when he came back from that first one...It took him some time, even then, to get his game back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if Bruce Arians somehow wins the Super Bowl with this team put together with duct-tape, pins and needles, he should step up with the trophy, simply say I AM A GOD. Drop the mic and retire.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
He's got 8 months to training camp. He will be back. Mobility has never been a huge part of his game. He should have "functional mobility" by the time August rolls around.