Matt Leinart calls for Ken Whisenhunt to be fired

machgman

Veteran
Reaction score
After reading the posting, as Lienart pointed out, Whisenhunt is repeating his AZ mistakes independently from anyone else's influences. There is no McCoy to keep him in check and no talented and established QBs for him to claim credit for their successes. If we are to believe Roethlisberger, he states that Whisenhunt never helped him at all in Pittsburgh.

Is he capable of change? Not so far given the second chance he has squandered with the Titans. Can he really develop young QBs? No proof of that when even Big Ben rejects any claim of that sort. And you really have to wonder what the Steelers knew when they easily and quickly passed over Whisenhunt from serious consideration for the Steeler's vacant head coach position.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I have that rated a 97 on the bitter, undisciplined, whiny ass, unemployed QB scale.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I still feel that Leinart's confidence was shattered early on in his career by Whiz.

That's not really a judgement of his talent one way or the other; I really don't know if he would have succeeded with another team or coach. He certainly didn't show it anywhere else, but it's hard to re-build confidence.

I actually do think Leinart's a pretty good dude in general, though. Whiz is showing more and more to be an anomaly, but I liked him too.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
calculated response blink blink

manufacture adversity to see how Whiz responds, I may not be the brightest or popular, but I will meet you in battle none the less!

I was 1000 % right

That was some of your best work if I must say so myself, that was you right? TheSmel loved it, he rated it 99 out of 100! :p

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Leinart should stick to hanging out with other great NFL players like Heath Shuler and the Boz.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Whiz is a solid OC when he has an elite QB. A lousy one without, and has no business being a head coach. His dependence on one system of gameplanning and play calling is amateurish, but is successful with a capable QB.

Had Roethlisberger, won a lot.
Had Leinart, didn't win.
Had Warner, won a lot.
Had Anderson, didn't win
Had Rivers, won a lot.
Had Locker, didn't win.

BIGRED1959

Go Cardinals!
Reaction score
Whiz is a solid OC when he has an elite QB. A lousy one without, and has no business being a head coach. His dependence on one system of gameplanning and play calling is amateurish, but is successful with a capable QB.

Had Leinart, didn't win.
Had Warner, won a lot.
Had Anderson, didn't win
Had Rivers, won a lot.
Had Locker, didn't win.

yeah but in the same breathe who WOULD win with locker, leinart, and d Anderson?

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah but in the same breathe who WOULD win with locker, leinart, and d Anderson?

Exactly, there aren't that many coaches who can. Arians won with Stanton but that was due to the defense not the offense.

You can't win in the NFL with Jake Locker at QB. Whitehurst is better than Locker but very mediocre, and now they're on to Mettenberg who's a rookie.

Give Whiz a good QB the offense will be good, leave it up to him to find a good QB he probably won't find him.

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm sorry but recognizing talent and/or who is good at a position IS an important factor of a good HC! Whiz has no business being a HC anymore, he's an assistant coach at best!

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

Had Leinart, didn't win.
Had Warner, won a lot.
Had Anderson, didn't win
Had Rivers, won a lot.
Had Locker, didn't win.

Kinda sounds like almost every head coach in history with very few exceptions. The difference is some coaches have done little with elite QBs (eg Denny with Warner, Norv with Rivers).

There are 21 other players and assistants the head coach is responsible for, not just the QB.

Also don't forget the exodus of talent in 2010 other than Warner: Boldin, Rolle, Gandy, and Dansby all were key contributors to those playoff teams.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Leenart should be fired. Oh wait, he has been:

Cards, Hou, who else? Oak?

Vermont Maverick

Registered
Reaction score
You mean the Matt Leinart who has pimped himself out for the "hopper" commercial in the diner, where he is stunned and excited to hear about going back to college? That is perfect in so many ways.

Last edited:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Titans CEO:

“The offensive line just hasn’t gelled. It’s high time that it does,” Smith said. “I told them I don’t care where they’re drafted or what they’re paid, if they’re not getting it done, find someone else.”

And Russ Grimm isn't even on Whiz's staff anymore!!!

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Also, this is old, but did we know this?

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/28/arians-wanted-whisenhunt-grimm-if-he-got-bears-job/

Taking the Cardinals head coaching job apparently prevented Bruce Arians from assembling the coaching staff he really wanted.

The plan was to bring Ken Whisenhunt in as his offensive coordinator, and Russ Grimm as his line coach. Since the Cardinals had just fired the pair, that obviously wasn’t going to happen in the desert.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort