Jace Amaro, TE Texas Tech.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you can see Amaro's ability to catch -- great hands, adjusted to the ball, looks very natural catching it

I suspect that he wont run a blazing time in the 40. Not totally sure he is a guy who will scare people down the seam with speed

-- but I also think he can be a Jason Witten type TE who knows coverages, runs good routes, gets open and catches everything thrown his way.

He has run as low as 4.58. Too fast for LBs to cover and way too big for safeties. Total mismatch against every defense he has played against. I suspect last night's game was your first sighting of him in action.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the story behind this? We don't need an Aaron Hernandez. :p

At a sports bar a year ago with a group of players and students. Used a credit card to pay a $100 for drinks. The card was not in his name. No charges filed.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Absolutely no comparison. Jace is 6'5" 265 lbs and runs people over. Similar physique to Tony Gonzales. He plays inline, spread out, in the slot, stacked and out of the backfield. OBTW, runs the 40 in the 4.5s. Ebron is nothing more than a big WR.

I haven't seen him play much but the first site I found that listed his 40 time said he ran a 4.67 at Tech I assume they time their kids like lots of schools do but I don't really know. Every site I found said he's not a good inline blocker and that one of the big concerns on him is Tech uses him so much as a slot receiver nobody knows how he'll react to lining up like a "normal" TE in the NFL.

Certain looks the part on film though although the first video I found of him was him getting ejected from the bowl game last year for driving a defender to the ground in the endzone and then punching him.

He had a play against WVU that was just spectacular, got hit full speed and shook it off got about 10 more yards and then dragged a defender another 8-10 yards, pretty tough guy.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding his toughness, in a game against WVU he took a helmet to the stomach and went back into the game and played. later doctors discovered he had a lacerated spleen!

Holy crap.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
He has run as low as 4.58. Too fast for LBs to cover and way too big for safeties. Total mismatch against every defense he has played against. I suspect last night's game was your first sighting of him in action.

I like him --

and yes, based solely on watching him last night, he just doesnt look like a guy who runs away from linebackers. Russ' noted reported speed of 4.6-ish marries up to what i saw.

Thats okay though. Going back to my comparison --Jason Witten is a 4.6-4.7 kinda guy.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I like him --

and yes, based solely on watching him last night, he just doesnt look like a guy who runs away from linebackers. Russ' noted reported speed of 4.6-ish marries up to what i saw.

Thats okay though. Going back to my comparison --Jason Witten is a 4.6-4.7 kinda guy.

Speed ain't everything. Kid has good insticts / intangables. Gets it upstairs. I'd love to have him here. Wouldn't be a stretch for him to start from the get go.

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Speed isn't all that it's cracked up to be. What do you think Tony Gonzalezes 40 would be if he were timed today?

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Speed ain't everything. Kid has good insticts / intangables. Gets it upstairs. I'd love to have him here. Wouldn't be a stretch for him to start from the get go.

Yep-- that's pretty much the gist of my last line.

I think Ebron will test really well-- including a 4.5 kind of 40. He also catches really well, is super athletic, etc. Simply an adequate blocker - but teams won't care and he will be the first ranked TE.

Amaro and Sefarian-Jenkins will battle it out for 2nd TE.

I would be happy with any of the three -- just curious if one of them makes it to #52

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If the dude doesn't block like a mack truck we will not be using a first round pick on him. Just my observation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

sundevil04

Reaction score
If the dude doesn't block like a mack truck we will not be using a first round pick on him. Just my observation.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Is Wiz's offense that would be true. In BA's he'd rather have a guy he can put in the spot and send down the seam

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Is Wiz's offense that would be true. In BA's he'd rather have a guy he can put in the spot and send down the seam

Really? It felt like we were running out of two TE sets all season long? Honestly..... We need a Vernon Davis type. Not a Jimmy Graham type IMO.

Most of the time we were throwing to a TE who was stationary as a dump off (10yds) type of throw. Not a streaking, slicing drive type of throw.

sundevil04

Reaction score
Really? It felt like we were running out of two TE sets all season long? Honestly..... We need a Vernon Davis type. Not a Jimmy Graham type IMO.

Most of the time we were throwing to a TE who was stationary as a dump off (10yds) type of throw. Not a streaking, slicing drive type of throw.

That's because BA plays to his personnel's strengths

MWOOD92

All Star
Reaction score
Lyeria has a cocaine issue.

Don't care. Mathieu and Burfict had drug problems as well and we all know how they're doing. Not everyone will turn out to be a serial killer either.

Worth the risk in rounds 5-6 IMO. Dude is a beast.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Don't care. Mathieu and Burfict had drug problems as well and we all know how they're doing. Not everyone will turn out to be a serial killer either.

Worth the risk in rounds 5-6 IMO. Dude is a beast.

You have to be very careful what you bring into your organization. Mathieu worked because of Peterson and his love of football. Lyerla walked away from his college team so I am not sure you can say he has the same love for the game. Also, Lyerla doesn't have a player he is already close to on the roster who can mentor him.

I am not saying it can't work, but I am saying it may blow up in our face. Not sure we want to add more drug problems in our locker room.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Absolutely no comparison. Jace is 6'5" 265 lbs and runs people over. Similar physique to Tony Gonzales. He plays inline, spread out, in the slot, stacked and out of the backfield. OBTW, runs the 40 in the 4.5s. Ebron is nothing more than a big WR.

Housler is 6'5 255 and I think ran about 4.65 at combine :shrug:

We'll see what Amaro runs at the combine. Either way, they have similar type builds and that's what I was saying.

sundevil04

Reaction score
He might be the best fit.

The more I look at it, trading back maybe a really good option if someone is willing.

I love the idea of trading back in this draft. I don't see any of the top pass rushers falling to 20 and I expect us to fill the LT spot in free agency, so our option are wide open at #20. There are 3 TE's that I think are all worthy of the #20 pick at least two of which should be still available at #30.

If we could move back about 10 spots and still grab one of those three TE's while picking up an addition 3rd round pick or maybe more in the process I'm all for it.

I could see Keim using the same logic to move back in rd1 this year as he did in rd2 last year. That being, there are a number of players available all with similar grades so we move back just far enough so we can still grab one of them and pick up a mid round pick that allows us to move around as needed in later rounds

Last edited:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison