Tom Brady=Most overrated QB in NFL

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm sorry but he is. I have seen him play since he came into this league. I don't care about the league MVP's and Super Bowl rings he has. The Patriots run a high percentage offense and that greatly inflates his numbers. Their offense is predicated on Brady being able to throw screen and quick slants. This is exactly the reason why Matt Cassel was able to guide the Pats to their 11-5 record when he got hurt. He can not do the things Manning does and he doesn't have the awareness or arm Roethlisberger does.

Last edited:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wow. I can't stand him or the Pats but he is hardly overrated in my opinion.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wished the Cardinals had this 3 time super-bowl winner, continuing to lead his team to the playoffs, mulitpul pro-bowl, overrated qb.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
I agree with OP.

Brady has so many well-known weapons to work with on this offense...players well regarded throughout their illustrious careers, such as Hernandez and Gronkowski at TE, Green-Ellis and Woodhead at RB, as well as Tate and Branch at WR....coming into this season they were all listed within the top 5 in the NFL within their respective positions. Plus, throwing 4 INT during the regular season is a joke, as anyone can do that.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Do you think if the Cardinals had Brady in 2008 they would have went to the Super Bowl? I don't. Like I said Brady went down in week one in 08 and the Pats still went 11-5. That just goes to show it's Belichick's system more than Brady. He is the ultimate "checkdown" QB. If he were on any other team in the NFL, I don't think we're mentioning Tom Brady, MVP and Super Bowl in the same sentence.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Plus, throwing 4 INT during the regular season is a joke, as anyone can do that.
Kind of hard to throw more than 4 INT's in the NFL when the majority of your throws are going less than 5 yards in the air.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Isn't the mark of a good QB to take what the defense gives you?

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Sorry, but Brady is my 2nd favorite player in the NFL, so perhaps a bit biased, but when it's all said and done, he will be a top 5 all-time QB.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sorry, but Brady is my 2nd favorite player in the NFL, so perhaps a bit biased, but when it's all said and done, he will be a top 5 all-time QB.
He very well may be, but his numbers will be skewed as to the type of high percentage offense. Case in point Sportznutt everyone know to beat the Pats you get to Brady and make him throw the ball. The Jets are doing exactly that this game. A top 5 All Time QB should be able to compensate for that to win. We shall see.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
You just don't guide your team to and win 3 Super Bowls as being over-rated.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
He very well may be, but his numbers will be skewed as to the type of high percentage offense. Case in point Sportznutt everyone know to beat the Pats you get to Brady and make him throw the ball. The Jets are doing exactly that this game. A top 5 All Time QB should be able to compensate for that to win. We shall see.

But that's how you beat any team, not just New England.

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Brady is the best there is in the game right now. IMO, like other QBs, there are 2 Bradys, regular season Brady and play off Brady.

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You just don't guide your team to and win 3 Super Bowls as being over-rated.
And again it's the system Belichick runs. I can very eaisly make the argument that had the Pats made the playoffs in 2008 they had a real show at going all the way...with Matt Cassel as their QB, would that make Cassel and wlite QB as well?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And again it's the system Belichick runs. I can very eaisly make the argument that had the Pats made the playoffs in 2008 they had a real show at going all the way...with Matt Cassel as their QB, would that make Cassel and wlite QB as well?

right, except... they didn't make the playoffs and they went 18-1 the year previous and went 11-5 the next year, and that QB who was on the 2008 Pats team was valued enough to trade high picks for, just had a season where he threw 27 tds and took the Chiefs to a 10-6 record.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
Well, you are entitled to your opinion, and I to mine....I don't necessarily agree with it, but that's life.

I'll still be rooting for the Pats.:)

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont think Brady is all that great either.. I too believe its the system.. You could put any monkey at QB in that system and he'd be good.. Oh wait they did that with Cassel and he was good.. Didnt Bledsoe take the team to the first Super Bowl only Brady stepped in during the playoffs and actually won it?

Brady is a average QB..

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

It is the system anybody runs. Any team that goes to the super-bowl has other talented players around them. Matt Cassel led his team to the AFC West title and a playoff apperance and is getting paid like a very good qb that he has proven himself to be so far.

The question being then is to ask you what makes an QB elite in your opinion?

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It is the system anybody runs. Any team that goes to the super-bowl has other talented players around them. Matt Cassel led his team to the AFC West title and a playoff apperance and is getting paid like a very good qb that he has proven himself to be so far.

The question being then is to ask you what makes an QB elite in your opinion?
Brady is an elite QB. I'm not saying he isn't. At the same time I feel he is very overrated and his numbers are skewed due to the high percentage offense the Patriots run. People keep saying he is a top 5 QB of all time. I disagree. I do not think he is better than Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Terry Bradshaw. I don't even think he is in the top 3 QB's today. I would take Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Matt Ryan over Brady.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Tom Brady is overrated is completely delusional. His record and hardware speak for themselves. Not having his best game today? Sure. But overrated? No way in hell. He is arguably one of the best QB's in the history of this league!

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score
But, to use a famous quote, you play to win the game, and Brady (maybe not today) is a winner.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brady is an elite QB. I'm not saying he isn't. At the same time I feel he is very overrated and his numbers are skewed due to the high percentage offense the Patriots run. People keep saying he is a top 5 QB of all time. I disagree. I do not think he is better than Peyton Manning, Joe Montana, Steve Young, and Terry Bradshaw. I don't even think he is in the top 3 QB's today. I would take Manning, Roethlisberger, Rodgers, and Matt Ryan over Brady.

Terry Bradshaw? Matt Ryan? Peyton Manning?

:lmao:

OP
OP
CtCardinals78

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Terry Bradshaw? Matt Ryan? Peyton Manning?

:lmao:
Yeah, they can do more than throw screen passes and that makes them more complete QB's than Brady. Come on Shane, I could run that system in New England and become one of the greatest QB's of all time too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn