Playoffs 2010: Western Conf Finals, Game 4 – Lakers At Suns Game Thread

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No way. You're all fired.Come on people.....get with it.....Buf,E,AZSteve i'm dissappointed in all of you.
Don't forget game 6 in 1993 vs MJ and his BULLS.

Short memories...sheesh.

What was I thinking? Hits head repeatedly. Hits head too hard, knocks off about 50 IQ points. Lakers rule, dude.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jeez, nothing like a big win to bring out all the smartasses.

Oh yeah, definitely. As a matter of fact, drive down Smart-ass boulevard till you reach Know-It-All avenue and you'll find me standing in the intersection. But trust me, I won't be alone there.;)

Steve

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Oh yeah, definitely. As a matter of fact, drive down Smart-ass boulevard till you reach Know-It-All avenue and you'll find me standing in the intersection. But trust me, I won't be alone there.;)

Steve

I think the pot that is calling the kettle black will be there too!!!

GREAT WIN GUYS!!!

Steven, I got a few more beers left in me for ya!

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steven, I got a few more beers left in me for ya!

I'm currently re-watching that 4th quarter stretch again and I suspect a few beers would go great right about now.

Steve

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL. Freaking cheese. You're going to get some serious whiplash, bro.

you know how I know Donald's scared? He's stopped condescending to us and is actually talking smack.

Suns v. Lakers in the playoffs:

1993 0-2
2006 1-3
2010 0-2

Deja Vu all over again Laker Fans.

Suns in 6.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
you know how I know Donald's scared? He's stopped condescending to us and is actually talking smack.

1993 0-2
2006 1-3
2010 0-2

Suns in 6.

lol, 8-seed, 7-seed and 1-seed. Settle down dude.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol, 8-seed, 7-seed and 1-seed. Settle down dude.

sorry Buf, ain't no calming down here. I called pretty much every game this series and I haven't been this confident since I booked tickets to go to Tampa for the Cardinals Super Bowl BEFORE they even played the NFC Title Game.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
sorry Buf, ain't no calming down here. I called pretty much every game this series and I haven't been this confident since I booked tickets to go to Tampa for the Cardinals Super Bowl BEFORE they even played the NFC Title Game.

I remember, I appreciate your confidence, but weren't you also predicting a win in that heartbreaking game?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
oh, and HUGE props to Barbs. Dude played lights out tonight just like he did in Game 3 and 4 in SA. Bring it LA Barbs.

Game 5 we take their heart and in Game 6 WE EAT IT.

BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember, I appreciate your confidence, but weren't you also predicting a win in that heartbreaking game?

I don't think I ever made a claim for that game and if I did, it certainly wasn't anywhere NEAR the ridiculous confidence I had in that NFC Title game. It was before that game that I started the now famous Washington, Washington thread.

I really had no idea what to expect in the Super Bowl but I KNEW we were winning the NFC Title... just as we're going to win the Western Conference Title.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
The Lakers D can't stop the Suns offense. THe Blazers and Spurs did a better job on D than they did. Now the Suns know how to somewhat slow down the Laker attack. The Lakers still have no clue. I hope this pattern continues.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

1993 0-2
2006 1-3
2010 0-2

Suns in 6.

Naw, I just think it is funny man...a week ago you were whining about how you were going to get swept and such. Now you are in the finals. I don't know if your head is on a swivel or if you are going to need a chiropractor.

It's funny man. I've expected a long series here (I predicted Lakers in 6). Game 5 is a crucial game, but I'm not scared. Home court in crucial games is what you play the stupid long ass regular season for.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw, I just think it is funny man...

just wait, if you think this is funny, you're gonna find it HILARIOUS when we unceremoniously dump your ass out of the playoffs... AGAIN.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just got back from the game and it was a blast! How awesome is it to see a bench play against starters for 3/4s of a quarter and build a lead. Just amazing.

The Lakers have no answer for Dragic. Actually they do have an answer and his name is Kobe. The way Goran carved up the Laker D tonight I have to wonder if Phil puts him on him but then who has the speed to keep up with Barbosa?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw, I just think it is funny man...a week ago you were whining about how you were going to get swept and such. Now you are in the finals. I don't know if your head is on a swivel or if you are going to need a chiropractor.

uh, where was I whining about being swept? It sure as hell wasn't in that ridiculously condescending thread that you started when you assuredly thought the sweep was on but wanted to be nice to us poor suns fans.

what I think is funny is that "oh, gosh, you guys still have a chance" has changed to classic Laker douchery... just as I called it before the series. It ain't football season Donald. Enjoy Douchewood... you're only gonna be living in it for another 96 minutes.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I shared a few words with Ernie Johnson after the game while they were packing up the TNT set. He doesn't think the Lakers can win in Phoenix. That said, he thinks it goes 7 and the final game is a coin flip.

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
The Lakers have no answer for Dragic. Actually they do have an answer and his name is Kobe. The way Goran carved up the Laker D tonight I have to wonder if Phil puts him on him but then who has the speed to keep up with Barbosa?

I love this. Actually postulating on how in the world one of the most talented players in the NBA is going to stop a bench player.

Suns bench just flat out RULES.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think I ever made a claim for that game and if I did, it certainly wasn't anywhere NEAR the ridiculous confidence I had in that NFC Title game. It was before that game that I started the now famous Washington, Washington thread.

I really had no idea what to expect in the Super Bowl but I KNEW we were winning the NFC Title... just as we're going to win the Western Conference Title.

Maybe I am misremembering, but I do know that Nash will save children...

OP
OP
AfroSuns

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Lakers D can't stop the Suns offense. THe Blazers and Spurs did a better job on D than they did. Now the Suns know how to somewhat slow down the Laker attack. The Lakers still have no clue. I hope this pattern continues.

This.
I truly believe those two team play better defense. I think the Suns sucked in that first game because the 1 week rest really helped LA than the Suns, plus LA was playing at home. Game 2 wasn't so bad and we beat them Game 3 and 4.
The last 2 series, the Suns have maintained momentum after home wins and beat their last two opponents on the road after winning at home. The pressure is on LA now, the bench is playing well. I believe the Suns will take game 5.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
uh, where was I whining about being swept? .

Hm..maybe it was your brother. Or that strangly similarly named dude Cheesewater. Sorry if I mislabled you, but seriously, there's a ton of the switcheroo Suns fans right now.

It sure as hell wasn't in that ridiculously condescending thread that you started when you assuredly thought the sweep was on but wanted to be nice to us poor suns fans.

what I think is funny is that "oh, gosh, you guys still have a chance" has changed to classic Laker douchery... just as I called it before the series. It ain't football season Donald. Enjoy Douchewood... you're only gonna be living in it for another 96 minutes

Meh, like I said, wouldn't be surprised if you tied it up and wouldn't be shocked if you won it. If you win Game 5, IMO, you win the series. I'd be shocked to win the series if we lose Game 5. Shocked.

But if you want Laker douchery, here' some more honesty: it really doesn't matter ALL that much to me. I've seen plenty of titles...one is fresh in my mind. I'd LOVE to win another, because I'm a greedy bastard and I would love to rub it in Celtic fans faces. Would love it more than anything. But if we lose to the Suns, oh well. So it goes. Nowhere nearly as devastating as football season. Simply disappointing. (losing to the Celtics..perhaps devastating.)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort