Cardinals have 3 picks today: What say you.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Very, very interesting on what the Cardinals will do from here on out.

2 - Washington, ILB
3 - Misi, OLB
3 - Ansah, CB/FS/KR

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would be VERY happy with those picks.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I hope they address WILB, TE, and CB/PR. I think that that 89th overall pick might be PBA regardless of need.

I really do not want Washington. There isn't much to like on his highlight reel.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
RD 2 and 3

RD 2. Sean Lee Penn St ILB-smart instinctive player
RD3. Trevard Lindley CB Kentucky-Solid 4 year starter SEC
RD 3. Toby Gerhart RB-FB Stanford-A Whiz type player

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
2- Sean Lee/Brandon Spikes
3- Dennis Pitta
3- Perrish Cox/Donald Butler

My PIPE DREAMS-
Dexter McCluster- I am telling you all this guy will be SPECIAL
Mardy Gilyard
Taylor Mays

If we land any of those 3 I just may weep for joy...

OP
OP
RugbyMuffin

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Some ILB still available

Shaun Lee
Brandon Spikes, ILB Florida
Daryl Washington, TCU
Donald Butler, Washington
Micah Johnson, Kentucky
Boris Lee, Troy
Jamar Chaney, Mississippi State
Phillip Dillard, Nebraska
Pat Angerer, Iowa

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Some ILB still available

Shaun Lee
Daryl Washington, TCU
Micah Johnson, Kentucky
Boris Lee, Troy
Pat Angerer, Iowa

I would add:
A.J. Edds, Iowa
Dekoda Watson, Florida State
Navorro Bowman, Penn State

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Some ILB still available

Shaun Lee
Daryl Washington, TCU
Micah Johnson, Kentucky
Boris Lee, Troy
Pat Angerer, Iowa

Spikes, Johnson, Dillard are all SILB, so none of them would fill the Dansby loss. But I would take any of the three to eventually take over for Hayes.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
I see Ricky Sapp Clemson in the second round at our spot,as he will be there and is taken right where he is rated and in the third round Brandon Spikes as our thumper will be right where we pick and Jordan shipley will also be right there.

I know more here want a CB or Tight end in this area but I see the CB run starting early in round two and even many reaches made by the time we pick.

We need our picks.Maybe a Ducasse falls to us in the second but I doubt it.

No matter what anyone says The CARDINALS did draft the #1 rated pro rated styled NT by Many of the top rated scouting systems.Dan Williams did'nt really start dedicating himself to being a SERIOUS player till Monty Kiffen came to Tennessee from (THE BUCS) with his son as head coach.
So just one year playing at the level we can only hope he will continue to be more dedicated and less of the drive Thru over eater of his earlier years at Tenn. & coach Fulmer who was fired.

I see runs on OT & CB's in the second round.A few ILB's remain in TCU's Washington & Lee From Penn State who has been injury prone in college are now at the VERY TOP of round two with many teams who did'nt get there ILB in round one.Jamar Chaney from Miss.St. & Dekoda Watson who can be had in the third round as Spikes should be.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
I would LOVE for Jamar Chaney to fall to us in the third. This kid will be a stud at the WILB spot in a year or two. When you look at his footage you'll see how this guy follows the play exceptionally well has outstanding vision, scary closing spead and the best reactions from any of remaining ILB. His pass coverage is just outstanding as displayed in this highlight reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FErsTC47s

If you look at this vid you'll see how fast he picks up on what the QB is thinking closes in fast and makes sure he doesnt loose his runner and finishes the play almost everytime. His reads of the play is just outstanding and those are instincts that you cannot teach. All the intanginbles for a pass covering ILB are there and the others aspects of his game can be as good very soon IMHO. His side to side play is one of the best as well meaning that even if the play doesnt end up on his side of the field he will follow the play and execute tackles at the other side.

He needs to work a little on his tackling technique as he more often then not he gets a bit to eager and tackles high, doesnt wrap his arms fully and therefore doesnt complete all his tackles. This however is something that can be thaught and it wouldnt make me think twice about drafting him. Also his size is not much of a worry even though at the moment he is 6'1 and 242 i think he can gain about 10lbs or so in the right conditioning programme without loosing speed or strength.

With that said i would like to us pick hin and possibly another two ILB in the remaining rounds. This is our biggest need and the past few years have shown us that you cannot have too many linebackers in your roster.

For me the best remaining SILB is probably Donald Butler. He was excellent in the Senior Bowl as a replacement, has fantastic lateral movement good instincts in following the runner, is a very good tackles and wraps up very well so he ends a lot of plays. I have feeling that Butler is gonna rise up draft boards today and dont expect him to last to where i thought he would last week.

However, something like this will do me very well.

2. Sean Lee
3. Jamar Chaney
3. Perrish Cox
4. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
6. Josh Hull
7. Arthur Moats

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
My board at the beginning of Round 2 now reads:

Kindle
Cook
S Lee
Gibson
D Watson
Butler
Veldheer
K Lewis
Campbell
D Washington
C Brown
Bowman
Spikes
G Tate
Dickerson

Who knows who'll still be around at #58. I kind of doubt Kindle or Lee will last long.

If we came away with, say, C Brown, Spikes and Dickerson, we could do worse.

Spikes is an enigma - can you rate a productive ILB who runs no better than 5.01 as high as #58? (Almost every draft book rates him in the 40's or higher).

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I would LOVE for Jamar Chaney to fall to us in the third. This kid will be a stud at the WILB spot in a year or two. When you look at his footage you'll see how this guy follows the play exceptionally well has outstanding vision, scary closing spead and the best reactions from any of remaining ILB. His pass coverage is just outstanding as displayed in this highlight reel.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-6FErsTC47s

If you look at this vid you'll see how fast he picks up on what the QB is thinking closes in fast and makes sure he doesnt loose his runner and finishes the play almost everytime. His reads of the play is just outstanding and those are instincts that you cannot teach. All the intanginbles for a pass covering ILB are there and the others aspects of his game can be as good very soon IMHO. His side to side play is one of the best as well meaning that even if the play doesnt end up on his side of the field he will follow the play and execute tackles at the other side.

He needs to work a little on his tackling technique as he more often then not he gets a bit to eager and tackles high, doesnt wrap his arms fully and therefore doesnt complete all his tackles. This however is something that can be thaught and it wouldnt make me think twice about drafting him. Also his size is not much of a worry even though at the moment he is 6'1 and 242 i think he can gain about 10lbs or so in the right conditioning programme without loosing speed or strength.

With that said i would like to us pick hin and possibly another two ILB in the remaining rounds. This is our biggest need and the past few years have shown us that you cannot have too many linebackers in your roster.

For me the best remaining SILB is probably Donald Butler. He was excellent in the Senior Bowl as a replacement, has fantastic lateral movement good instincts in following the runner, is a very good tackles and wraps up very well so he ends a lot of plays. I have feeling that Butler is gonna rise up draft boards today and dont expect him to last to where i thought he would last week.

However, something like this will do me very well.

2. Sean Lee
3. Jamar Chaney
3. Perrish Cox
4. Akwasi Owusu-Ansah
6. Josh Hull
7. Arthur Moats

If we miss on Sean Lee or Daryl Washington in the second, I'd be happy with Chaney in the third.

Monty

2010 Cardinals Draft Guru
Reaction score
If we miss on Sean Lee or Daryl Washington in the second, I'd be happy with Chaney in the third.

I havent actually heard Chaney's name mentioned at all in any talk about the second round so ive got a strong feeling he'll be there in the third. Even if we take Sean Lee in the second i would be happy takin Chaney in the third cause that is just immense value that we would be foolish to pass up.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

Spikes is an enigma - can you rate a productive ILB who runs no better than 5.01 as high as #58? (Almost every draft book rates him in the 40's or higher).

The guy simply plays faster than his times, he's a football player!!! Spikes can defend the pass, rush the QB and make tackles. If he's there at #58 I'm taking him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I havent actually heard Chaney's name mentioned at all in any talk about the second round so ive got a strong feeling he'll be there in the third. Even if we take Sean Lee in the second i would be happy takin Chaney in the third cause that is just immense value that we would be foolish to pass up.

IMO Chaney's been overrated on this board because our need for a WILB has been so dire (and remains dire). He wasn't good enough to make either of my printed draft guides, and wasn't on the radar until he put up a silly 40 at his pro day. Was he even a Combine invite?

I think he'll be there in the third. I think that's too early to take an insurance WILB (unless we're going to cut Lenon and keep two rookies), but it'd be interesting if it's a BPA pick if guys like Anthony McCoy (TE) or one a cornerback/PR is off the board already.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2) Ricky Sapp OLB
3a) Donald Butler ILB
3b) Jonathan Crompton QB

Crompton is shooting up draft boards and for some reason I think he may be a target for the Cardinals.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2) Ricky Sapp OLB
3a) Donald Butler ILB
3b) Jonathan Crompton QB

Crompton is shooting up draft boards and for some reason I think he may be a target for the Cardinals.
Looks good but I think we would take John Skeleton QB Fordahm over Crompton.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
#2 Darryl Washington / Kindle / Sapp
#3 Sergio Kindle / Bruce Campbell / Jimmy Graham / Ricky Sapp / Sean Lee whoever falls
#3 Brandon Spikes

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard