Alright, I'm already getting sick of it.

OP
OP
Cbus cardsfan

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Packers were 4-0 against yours, including a 33-7 beatdown against your division champ.
Where is all this coming from when you guys talk about playoff experience? Packers have 30 players on the roster that have played in playoffs, your team has 34. OK, you have more, but you act like the Packers have never been to the playoffs.
I'm not counting players who were on the team and didn't play, even Rogers, who just did cleanup in the Seattle game in '07, but real playoff playing time.
Your team didn't even see 50% of our playbook, we played it as vanilla as your team did, we just played it well...like it was supposed to be played.
You mentioned a key that swings thing in the Cards favor. Playoff experience at QB. Warner has been one of the best playoff, Super Bowl QB's ever. Rodgers is making his first significant start. He may play well but that's abig advantage for the Cards. And you guys need to quit using last week's game as a sign of anything. Do you really think it matters that the Jets beat Cincy 37-0 either. I guess Buffalo's beat down of Indy meant alot too.:doi:

nashman

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Its funny he points out the 33-7 win like they accomplished something beating our backups. We smacked your division winner, who by the way kicked their asses both times they played, with all their starters in a meaningful game. Thats a little different than them laying a beatdown on our backups. Also if you think they still have 70% of a playbook left your delusional they showed alot of what they always do, thanks for the game tape McCarthy you moron! The Cards will be ready and they know what to expect the same can't be said for the Pack, as the Cards showed nothing and will come full force on Sunday!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Its funny he points out the 33-7 win like they accomplished something beating our backups. We smacked your division winner, who by the way kicked their asses both times they played, with all their starters in a meaningful game. Thats a little different than them laying a beatdown on our backups. Also if you think they still have 70% of a playbook left your delusional they showed alot of what they always do, thanks for the game tape McCarthy you moron! The Cards will be ready and they know what to expect the same can't be said for the Pack, as the Cards showed nothing and will come full force on Sunday!

People also forget the Giants were 5-1 and being called by many the best team in the NFC when the Cards beat them in NY. Chicago was 4-3. Jacksonville got to 7-5 at one point in the season.

But we really can't knock either the Cards or Packers because they have the Rams and Lions in their division.

Its like the response to a question about the Texas Longhorns this year:

"Who'd they beat?"

"Everybody they played"

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
The Cards were 3-1 against your division including a 30-17 beat down of your division champion. That's all that needs to be said.

The Packers were 4-0 against your division including a 33-7 beat down of your division champion. That's all that needs to be said.

See how that lame smack works? :sad: cut it out already.

Last edited:

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Some of that is truth, perhaps. But empty the playbook? I don't think so. McCarthy said any offensive minded coach worth his salt would have enough viable plays to play double or triple headers against a team and attack them different ways.

Now not only do you have to contend with what you saw on two games of film, but you have the other 70% of the playbook to deal with. And, when it comes down to it, the game will be won by the players on the field, not because Wisenhunt decided to play chicken while McCarthy wanted to destroy a team.

I get the feeling we are going to run it up on you guys because our coach doesn't like yours very much. Check this article out. There is bad blood there.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/70875

Also I never said it was the plays/packages that were important for us to see. It's how you would attack our defense and offense. And if you Packer fans are diluted enough to think you didn't do that, your kidding yourself. You showed how you would attack certain OL, where you would go with certain passes, what CB you would look to exploit, how you would cover our WR's etc.

I always like when my team is down a little bit at the half (like 17-14) because the coaches have a sense of urgency and I LOVE how our coach adjusts at half time. This is similar to me. You guys are going to go in with the same gameplan (and why wouldn't you? Its shown to work) and Wiz is going to game plan for that and.....

BAM

You boys get hit in the mouth. Maybe I am overconfident but while I think the QB edge is there but slight, I think we have the definite HC advantage. And its not even close.

We will see if that leads to a win. I like our chances.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Living in the Midwest, most of the Packer fans I know are OK. But like most teams they have their fair share of ignorant, loud-mouthed jerks. A lot of them find their way to opposition message boards. Don't judge the majority of the team's fans by the ignorant bozos wearing cheeseheads.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Packers are a good team. So are the Cards. Should be a good game.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
...And, one thing we've learned in the last couple of seasons is that this Cardinals team is a team that shows up when it matters. I never thought they'd be able to successfully turn it on and off like they do, but they somehow pull it off.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The Packers were 4-0 against your division including a 33-7 beat down of your division champion. That's all that needs to be said.

:lastweek:

We've already seen and responded to that post from another GB fan. Try to be original while you are on here.

Reaction score
And you guys need to quit using last week's game as a sign of anything. Do you really think it matters that the Jets beat Cincy 37-0 either. I guess Buffalo's beat down of Indy meant alot too.:doi:
Its funny he points out the 33-7 win like they accomplished something beating our backups.
The Green Bay players were strutting as though they "won" something last week. Apparently their fans believe last week's game has relevance to this week's game...

:shrug: I don't get it.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
Had Cardinals won last Sunday, we'd hear Packs fans saying that it did not matter. But now it's different since they won and they think next game will be a copy of last game. Interesting!

Reaction score
I get the feeling we are going to run it up on you guys because our coach doesn't like yours very much. Check this article out. There is bad blood there.

http://www.azcentral.com/members/Blog/DanBickley/70875

Also I never said it was the plays/packages that were important for us to see. It's how you would attack our defense and offense. And if you Packer fans are diluted enough to think you didn't do that, your kidding yourself. You showed how you would attack certain OL, where you would go with certain passes, what CB you would look to exploit, how you would cover our WR's etc.

I always like when my team is down a little bit at the half (like 17-14) because the coaches have a sense of urgency and I LOVE how our coach adjusts at half time. This is similar to me. You guys are going to go in with the same gameplan (and why wouldn't you? Its shown to work) and Wiz is going to game plan for that and.....

BAM

You boys get hit in the mouth. Maybe I am overconfident but while I think the QB edge is there but slight, I think we have the definite HC advantage. And its not even close.

We will see if that leads to a win. I like our chances.

I've read that article. And I've listened to Wisenhunt's press conferences. You really think it's that simple? Your coach doesn't like ours, so he's going to win? This is the most ludicrous thing I've heard on these boards since registering here.

I know it's tough to grasp that our 4th year head coach (59.375 career winning percentage) might be able to hang with your 3rd year head coach (56.25 career winning percentage), but you sorely underestimate the Packers.

The "tipping the game plan" thing is great media fodder, but do you think any NFL head coach would find it wise to show anything he DOESN'T want the other team to see in a game like last week? Come on. Let's be serious. You chose to show nothing in hopes that we wouldn't know what to look for. Maybe we chose to show something in hopes to set up something else on Sunday.

And believe me, Wisenhunt IS a smart guy. He didn't need to watch Sunday's game film to know that we'd go right after Toler and Adams when they were in the game, and prove, man for man, that we're better than they are. Now he has to account for it, and by doing so, he'll open up a hole someplace else.

It doesn't matter that he's seen some of these things. The Cardinals, like just about every team we've faced since he returned from injury eight games ago, have shown a complete inability to account for Jermichael Finley. They collapse the D to his seam routes in the middle of the field, and Driver, Jennings, Nelson and Jones are left with one on ones. Boom, like clockwork. And since we've been utilizing that 5 wide set with Rodgers making adjustments at the line and getting the ball out quickly, it's damn near impossible to get to him. You're going to have to man up and cover our guys. I'm sorry, but you won't be able to do it.

And an entire week of film study and vanilla schemes won't allow Bridges to block Clay Matthews any better, simply because he isn't good enough. Wisenhunt will roll an RB over there to help. And it will open up a blitzing lane for someone else.

And hitting us in the mouth? Come on. If you think moving the ball on the best defense in the NFC is going to be a lock, you'll probably be surprised come Sunday.

And you're right, the QBs are close. Rodgers quite a bit more mobile, younger, and arguably a tad more ability. Warner obviously a lot more battle tested. But we get after the QB better than the Cardinals do. We pursue the ball better than this Cardinals defense does. We play the ball better in the secondary than this Cardinals defense does. And that will make all the difference. Not Wisenhunt's little grudge.

Last edited:

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
Same stuff we heard before our big games specially the Vikings game
We do not underestimate GB, but seems they do underestimate us
and we proved such attitude cost our opponents the game. simple
Your defense will stop our offence
Your offense will walk on our defence
and will we be standing just watching you guys do that?
I still see in every message by a GB fan that week 17 game is their inspiration. Like they expect the same team Cardinals showed.
u can call stats or whaterver but if a team A wins 99 games in a row against team B, there's no indication they will win game 100 based on the past 99 games.
It's good to be confident and have some arguments to support that but all is temp till the game starts.

Reaction score
Had Cardinals won last Sunday, we'd hear Packs fans saying that it did not matter. But now it's different since they won and they think next game will be a copy of last game. Interesting!

Thank you for your careful analysis of the psyche of the entire Green Bay fan base, but you're wrong.

A little history lesson... the 2002 Green Bay Packers entered week 17 with the intention of resting their starters. After a 42-17 blowout loss on the road to the Jets, they returned home last week encountering a first have lull to fuel a 27-7 loss to the Atlanta Falcons, the first playoff loss in the history of Lambeau Field.

Since then, it's been a no-no in Packerland to mail games in.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And you're right, the QBs are close. Rodgers quite a bit more mobile, younger, and arguably a tad more ability. Warner obviously a lot more battle tested. But we get after the QB better than the Cardinals do. We pursue the ball better than this Cardinals defense does. We play the ball better in the secondary than this Cardinals defense does. And that will make all the difference. Not Wisenhunt's little grudge.

You must be registered for see images attach

Sacks per NFL defenses

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks

Sacks allowed by offense:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks/position/defense

You guys are literally last place in sacks allowed.

Last edited:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

To be fair, the Packers had SERIOUS problems protecting Rodgers in the first half of the season, but really stepped it up in the late.

Just sayin'.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be fair, the Packers had SERIOUS problems protecting Rodgers in the first half of the season, but really stepped it up in the late.

Just sayin'.

In any event, we still rank higher in sacks. And lets not forget how many times we got through the previously impermeable wall in Tennessee. Bottom line is GB does NOT get after the QB better than we do, as the man was attempting to argue. I know people around these parts generally ignore any sacks not coming from the outside rusher that we do not have, but the stats are there to back us up in this argument.

Reaction score

Sacks per NFL defenses

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks

Sacks allowed by offense:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/team/_/stat/defense/sort/sacks/position/defense

And it would have taken you only a few more clicks to realize that we allowed 37 in the first 8 games and 13 over the last 8 with the return of Tauscher at RT and the improved health of Clifton at LT.

Pariah alluded to this. It's not an issue any longer.

chickenhead

Reaction score
This thread is about the Cards not being given any chance to win, not about the Cards winning for sure. So the GB smack talk is misplaced. All anyone's saying that this game is winnable for the Cards. And it is. They didn't squeak out wins against Minnesota and a Giants team that was playing well until the Cards were through with them. They won those games handily. Coaches always say it's tough to beat any NFL team. It's got to be tough to beat any team two weeks in a row, on the road. Should be a good one.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
I've read that article. And I've listened to Wisenhunt's press conferences. You really think it's that simple? Your coach doesn't like ours, so he's going to win? This is the most ludicrous thing I've heard on these boards since registering here.

I know it's tough to grasp that our 4th year head coach (59.375 career winning percentage) might be able to hang with your 3rd year head coach (56.25 career winning percentage), but you sorely underestimate the Packers.

The "tipping the game plan" thing is great media fodder, but do you think any NFL head coach would find it wise to show anything he DOESN'T want the other team to see in a game like last week? Come on. Let's be serious. You chose to show nothing in hopes that we wouldn't know what to look for. Maybe we chose to show something in hopes to set up something else on Sunday.

And believe me, Wisenhunt IS a smart guy. He didn't need to watch Sunday's game film to know that we'd go right after Toler and Adams when they were in the game, and prove, man for man, that we're better than they are. Now he has to account for it, and by doing so, he'll open up a hole someplace else.

It doesn't matter that he's seen some of these things. The Cardinals, like just about every team we've faced since he returned from injury eight games ago, have shown a complete inability to account for Jermichael Finley. They collapse the D to his seam routes in the middle of the field, and Driver, Jennings, Nelson and Jones are left with one on ones. Boom, like clockwork. And since we've been utilizing that 5 wide set with Rodgers making adjustments at the line and getting the ball out quickly, it's damn near impossible to get to him. You're going to have to man up and cover our guys. I'm sorry, but you won't be able to do it.

And an entire week of film study and vanilla schemes won't allow Bridges to block Clay Matthews any better, simply because he isn't good enough. Wisenhunt will roll an RB over there to help. And it will open up a blitzing lane for someone else.

And hitting us in the mouth? Come on. If you think moving the ball on the best defense in the NFC is going to be a lock, you'll probably be surprised come Sunday.

Whoa whoa - I think your reading comprehension may need a little help. In no way am I saying because Whisenhunt doesn't like McCarthy and thats why are we going to win. I know you don't spend much time here but your going to have to slow your roll on stuff like that. My point is that given the opportunity, we may run it up on you because of the way the first two games have gone and what Wiz percieves as bush league by your coach.

Its not about going at Toler and Adams, its a sum of all those parts. How are you going to slide protections, how is Rodgers going to respond when we put Wilson on Finley? Or DRC on Finley? Its those little edges that will add up IMO. We didn't even blitz you guys and have played the better part of two games with backups against you guys. You think you have ANY idea of what to expect next week? We just manned up and played the game. Our defense and offense is predicated on scheme. We are not like the 9ers or Dolphins who are just going to line up and beat you with a hat on a hat. Our strength is in exploiting other teams wekaneesses and playing to our personnels strengths. You and me discuss things like "well if DRC is in the game then we go at McFadden." Defensive coordinators discuss things like "what is the percentage of times a NT gets pressure using a bull rush on the guard out of a I-formation". That type of advantage I think will be pronounced because of how our coaching staff and players have responded to those schemes when its crunch time.

I also think the losses of Harris and Kampman will hurt you in this game.

We are in the Top 5 in the league in sacks so I don't think your pressure argument is very sound. Especially without Kampman. IIRC you guys are better at stopping the run then anything and thats not as big as an advantage against a team like us.

But Ultimately the biggest reason I think we are going to win this game other then having the superior coach? The confidence level. You guys are going to come in and think you got the Cards figured out and we are going to play like we have a pound of flesh on the line. WE have done this before.

But think differently. All I am saying is I have seen us do it before when the stakes are the highest. Your guys - and especially your QB - have not.

So take what you will from the last two "preseason" game and go off that. I am going to look at the experience we earned last year and have my own opinion obviously.

Should be a good game. I just wouldn't be booking tickets to New Orleans if I were you guys just yet.

Last edited:

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
But Ultimately the biggest reason I think we are going to win this game other then having the superior coach? The confidence level. You guys are going to come in and think you got the Cards figured out and we are going to pay like we have a pound of flesh on the line. WE have done this before.

This +1

DevilDon

Reaction score
The most amazing thing is you think you have a franchise on surprises. Do you think the Cardinals invented this? Isn't it possible the Packers will stun your team?
Not very sharp analysis, but I do wish you all well, very good fans, but a little too "****-sure"
Never lost back to back weeks? oh, so that will never be broken right?
Holy smokes, you fans come up with it all, but good luck, it's all good.
Bottom line, Packers are a better football team than yours but you're good enough to give an upset. It won't happen of course, but it will be fun to watch.
See you next year, I'd love a rivalry with your team if you can maintain playoff caliber football, obviously the Packers will with one of the youngest teams in the NFL.
You're good fans, respectful of other teams fans, hopefully that continues after Sunday.

BTP

Veteran
Reaction score
one question I do have for you Cards fans. Something our media was kind of making fun of this week. Why is Wiz so paranoid of a coach?

Last edited: