Training Camp in Flagstaff

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Hey all, I'm pretty sure me and the family are taking a vacation to see the Grand Canyon and other sites this year. Anyone have an idea, or link to when practices are open to the public in Flagstaff this year?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are all open to public. There is no schedule yet. Usually starts around July 31st

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
Generally practice times are 8-1030 and 3-530. Each day. Last year camp started early, like 7/24 although it usually has started right around the last day of July. I live up here so I've been to quite a lot of camp. If you go later in the camp, the crowds are smaller and the practices are a little more crisp. The players are a little more irritable by then and less likely to sign autographs (if that's your thing) maybe just because they've signed so many by then. During the weekends they are gone, so plan to be there during the week. I also like the one or two practices they do at night at lumberjack stadium. Travel safe.

OP
OP
HookemCards

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Generally practice times are 8-1030 and 3-530. Each day. Last year camp started early, like 7/24 although it usually has started right around the last day of July. I live up here so I've been to quite a lot of camp. If you go later in the camp, the crowds are smaller and the practices are a little more crisp. The players are a little more irritable by then and less likely to sign autographs (if that's your thing) maybe just because they've signed so many by then. During the weekends they are gone, so plan to be there during the week. I also like the one or two practices they do at night at lumberjack stadium. Travel safe.

Nice, I may pick your brain as the date gets closer. Right now it looks like we leave Central Texas Sat, Aug 8th, drive as far as possible into New Mexico (Albuquerque or Gallup), then arrive in Flagstaff sometime Sunday afternoon. I'll probably only go to one practice because the main purpose of the trip is to see the Grand Canyon. It seems like there is a ton of stuff to see within a few hours drive of Flagstaff, mainly looking for geographic formations (painted desert, monument valley, some of the cliff dwellings, and maybe some rafting or something. I may extend it a couple of days if we need more time to see everything. I'm using this as a guide for the most part http://www.arizonahandbook.com/, so if you have any better websites I could use it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance, hope to see some of you out there.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
No problem. August 8 should be right during the heart of camp so your timing looks perfect. You should be able to catch either the early practice and go out the Canyon or head and out early and see the sights and then catch the late practice. The only thing that might be a hassle is we get monsoon rains, but if so they move into the dome. It seems like we may get a lot more of a crowd at camp this year, with all our success but I'm looking forward to it. Its going to be great fun. I'll see you in August.

CtCardinals78

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I am going to Flagstaff for vacation on Wednesday can't wait!!!! I am hoping to make the Fan Fest Saturday May 2, but still have not heard if that is the date for it yet....

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
I went to camp with my husband Thomas Jones' rookie year whatever year that was, it was also Frank sanders' rookie season and we stayed at the same hotel and they were so gracious. We met Frank when he broke his finger and was with his family one evening. Talk about exuding class for a young man!!
TJones, on the other hand was an ass! wouldnt sign autographs didnt want to be there, just a pri--. My husband had on his Ronald McKinnon Jersey.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went to camp with my husband Thomas Jones' rookie year whatever year that was, it was also Frank sanders' rookie season and we stayed at the same hotel and they were so gracious. We met Frank when he broke his finger and was with his family one evening. Talk about exuding class for a young man!!
TJones, on the other hand was an ass! wouldnt sign autographs didnt want to be there, just a pri--. My husband had on his Ronald McKinnon Jersey.

FYI: Fank Sanders and Thomas Jones did not have the same rookie year. They were seperated by several years:

http://www.nfl.com/players/franksanders/profile?id=SAN326913

http://www.nfl.com/players/thomasjones/profile?id=JON755755

Frank was the MOST GRACIOUS player I had ever met in my life and nobody even came close at the time he was with the team except Plummer.

Warner is damn closetoo. The one player that is just as gracious as Sanders is Anquan Boldin. No better than those two WR's ever! Tehy were and are just incredible with the fans at training camp!

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
Thank you Shane for straightening out my almanac on that one, whew, it must be getting late again!

redforceone

Veteran
Reaction score
...I am hoping to make the Fan Fest Saturday May 2, but still have not heard if that is the date for it yet....

Fan Fest is on the 2nd starting at 9AM-12:15PM... 10:15-10:40 Autograph session for kids 12 and under, 10:45-12:15 Team practice on fields 2&3

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose