Hey Harry

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Give me your opinion on J. Charles. I feel he'd a sound 2nd rounder for a team looking to increase team speed. I watched pretty much every Longhorn game this year, but I sometimes worry my Burnt Orange glasses may cloud my judgement a bit. Do you think he will be around at 81? I know alot are concerned about his ball security, but interestingly enough he only had 6 fumbles last year (only like 1 over the last 5 games), compared to 15 for McFadden. I'm not really sure of the context in which McFadden fumbled, was he playing that crazy QB position or were his fumbles more conventional RB type.

I also like OT, Hills in the 4th.

I actually trust your opinion quite a bit, even though you usually piss me off with your preseason Cardinal prognostication, you are almost always Dead On with your criticism.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
"Is this better than T.O.??"

YES! That T.O pic made me want to gouge my eyes out.

Oh and.... Bump :p

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Charles reminds me a great deal of a Thomas Jones, only faster. He likely is a serviceable back, but he seems to go down on first contact too often. Sadly the Cards’ line is unlikely to open many cleans holes, so I’d say he’s not a fit. Someone like Dallas, might take an early shot at him. He’ll probably go late round 2 or in round 3 depending on how fast the RB pool starts to empty.
Hills is a real sleeper. You’re stealing my thunder! His injury came just when he looked like he was starting to move forward. Much will depend on his medicals and how mature he is when a club talks with him. He is very raw and will likely last until the late 4th round or the 5th. He could be a good fit if he’s on the board when the Cards select in round 5.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Maybe I am a homer, but to me Ryan Torrain really passed the eye test. He is a power back who consistently broke the first tackle. In addition, he was a good receiver and has pretty good speed. If we could pick him up in the 4th or 5th round, I think he could be a steal. He was injured which hurt his stock, but recently ran a 4.4 40.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe I am a homer, but to me Ryan Torrain really passed the eye test. He is a power back who consistently broke the first tackle. In addition, he was a good receiver and has pretty good speed. If we could pick him up in the 4th or 5th round, I think he could be a steal. He was injured which hurt his stock, but recently ran a 4.4 40.

I watched him also and I'll have to agree with you. When he is healthy, he is something special.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Torrain is certainly the type of back Whisenhunt wants. That said, the Lisfranc type of injury is one that often repeats with an accelerated rehab. If there was blood vessel damage due to displacement, this injury can cause permanent damage.

If healthy, he's a solid between the tackles runner. This doesn't make him a good immediate fit, because of the poor holes opened by the line. If he goes undrafted, it might be worth signing him and waiting for the line to develop. He runs like Michael Turner and followers of my draft info will recall I wanted him badly.

OP
OP
HookemCards

HookemCards

Have at you!!!!!
Reaction score
Charles reminds me a great deal of a Thomas Jones, only faster. He likely is a serviceable back, but he seems to go down on first contact too often. Sadly the Cards’ line is unlikely to open many cleans holes, so I’d say he’s not a fit. Someone like Dallas, might take an early shot at him. He’ll probably go late round 2 or in round 3 depending on how fast the RB pool starts to empty.
Hills is a real sleeper. You’re stealing my thunder! His injury came just when he looked like he was starting to move forward. Much will depend on his medicals and how mature he is when a club talks with him. He is very raw and will likely last until the late 4th round or the 5th. He could be a good fit if he’s on the board when the Cards select in round 5.

My burnt orange glasses see Charles breaking more tackles than you give him credit for :). One thing about Charles that makes him hard to evaluate, is in the offense Texas runs, he always gets the ball standing still, instead of moving, I'd love to see what he can do in a pro style offense.

Do you think Hills will be there in the 5th when we pick??

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave