2008 Comp. Picks

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
I'll never understand that system.

The fact we don't get jack for losing Davis is a joke.

DaisyCutter

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll never understand that system.

The fact we don't get jack for losing Davis is a joke.

It doesn't matter the quality of players you lose. The quantity of players is what matters. The Cards lost one starter in free agency last year and signed three.

The Cards lost one starter in free agency this year (Pace), but signed two backups (hopefully). They'll likely not get any comp picks next year, either.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
I think the league should go by $$$$ signed for. Say if we lose Davis and someone signs him for 50 Mil. That could be a big reason we didn't re-sign him.

Then we sign some players and spend 40 Mil. in contracts. We should get compensated for losing a supposed star player in some small manner.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the league should go by $$$$ signed for. Say if we lose Davis and someone signs him for 50 Mil. That could be a big reason we didn't re-sign him.

Then we sign some players and spend 40 Mil. in contracts. We should get compensated for losing a supposed star player in some small manner.

Makes sense.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It doesn't matter the quality of players you lose. The quantity of players is what matters. The Cards lost one starter in free agency last year and signed three.

The Cards lost one starter in free agency this year (Pace), but signed two backups (hopefully). They'll likely not get any comp picks next year, either.
We lost one, but gained 5 I think. The truth is that the league should compensate us personally for having to deal with Holt all year.

BigShtank

The heat dun frieded my brain
Reaction score
I think there should be a Cardinals clause, lose 5 years in a row, you get a comp pick from a super bowl team.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave