ASU ranked in the top 25

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Zeno, I think ASU can beat Cal.

And Gaddabout, for somebody who claims to like ASU, you sure never miss an opportunity to run them down.

Okay, let's assume Stanford, Wazzou. and W St. can throw up a lot of points on this defense (I dispute this unfounded assumption.) Which of those three will keep ASU from putting up huge numbers on them, in order to pull the upset? No easy win for ASU there? Only in your fondest dreams.

And that quote of yours I highlighted is so nonsensical, when applied to the three teams you mentioned, it exposes you as an ASU hater. Stanford as athletically talented as ASU? Really? Wow. I guess I'm a stinking homer for not buying into that one. And if Washington is sooo talented, why is their qb going to be chopped into four pieces?

Why not just come out of the closet? You don't just think ASU is lousy -- events might prove you right and me wrong -- you hope so, fervently.
wourd up, Skkorp

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I highly doubt they'd climb that high due to the weak schedule so far. If they beat Washington (and Washington wins between now and then), especially by a similar margin to what the Buckeyes did, maybe they'll go into the top 25.

I think voters are going to be very conservative w/ ASU since they've been such let downs lately. Furthermore, outside of USC its rare that Pac 10 teams are given the benefit of the doubt.

If ASU is 7-0 heading into the Cal game (which is also homecoming), I think SDS will be rocking, it'll be a ton of fun.

if ASU takes care of business i think they will move up be neccessity.. IE in the next 3 weeks, i think there will be 6-8 teams in front of them that will lose allowing ASU to rise.....

but im the first to reserve judgement on the devils season until the cal game... they SHOULD be 7-0, they have no excuses losing.....

inevitabley it will be a 9-3 seaon (losing to usc, oregan, cal/ucla) and a holiday bowl berth again... IMO.... but i of course hope for more....:)

HooverDam

Reaction score
inevitabley it will be a 9-3 seaon (losing to usc, oregan, cal/ucla) and a holiday bowl berth again... IMO.... but i of course hope for more....:)

You're acting like thats bad. The Holiday Bowl is a very good bowl game in a great city, I'd be thrilled if thats where ASU ends up this year. If it wasn't for the fact that the Pac 10 has terrible alignments (i.e. Pac 10 #2 vs Big 12 #3) the Holiday would be even better.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Zeno, I think ASU can beat Cal.

I hope you are right. Beating Cal will give the Sun Devils some national respect. I just think their offense is pretty explosive and their defense solid and ASU is still sort of learning on the job with a new coaching staff. The Sun Devils have talent but they are still far from firing on all cylinders. Being at home will help especially if they have a big loud crowd as they can feed off of that emotion.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And Gaddabout, for somebody who claims to like ASU, you sure never miss an opportunity to run them down.

Claims? Raise your hand if you had the first known ASU fan website on the Internet.

*hand raised*

Raise your hand if you are semi-recognized blogger at a popular ASU website.

*hand raised*

I've been around, and as such, I've totally earned my right to be surly and skeptical. :p

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are sorry you have now used your limit of "raise your hand" and "I have been around."

Please refrain from using the above in the future.

:)

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You're acting like thats bad. The Holiday Bowl is a very good bowl game in a great city, I'd be thrilled if thats where ASU ends up this year. If it wasn't for the fact that the Pac 10 has terrible alignments (i.e. Pac 10 #2 vs Big 12 #3) the Holiday would be even better.

Please don't misunderstand me I would be very happy for a berth in the holiday bowl...

The only problem, whenever the devils are poised for a really good year, they end up in the holiday bowl.. its like thats the top of the mountain fopr us (outside of '96-97)....

Its the equivilant of the suns this year..... If i am assuming we will inevitibly end up losing to S.A. in the Western Conference finals, or maybe we ultimately lose in the Finals taking the next step.. but losing..

Your still glad they made it and its a huge accomplishment, but its not quite what you hope we can overcome (IE making it to the rosebowl...)

That was what I was trying to say.. and I know its not the same thing as the suns, because they have been there two years before, but its the same general idea.....But alas the suns will win the championship this year, and the Devils, will get the the rose bowl, and thus helping recruiting and turning the devils around for years the come...

want some....:koolaid:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are sorry you have now used your limit of "raise your hand" and "I have been around."

Please refrain from using the above in the future.

:)

Just be thankful I didn't break out, "Some of my best friends are Sun Devils ..."

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
yeah.. i got ya all beat.. not only did i graduate from ASU, but my freshamn roomate is the RT.... What now..

does that make me the best fan on here? :p

Shzm13

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
^You'd have us beat if the Sun Devils O-line hadn't given up the most sacks in the Pac

TheKid_1

Registered
Reaction score
Back on topic here...ASU is now ranked 18th and 19th in the coaches poll and AP poll.

GO DEVILS!!!!

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
That is awesome. If top 25 teams keep losing like this, we could be really close to the top 10 before playing call. If anything, it would at least get us some better announcers. :)

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
moving on up... a 41-3 victory really helped i think.. especially since many of the east coast voters woke up and just saw the score....

the thing that is most exciting is the defense.. it looks GOOD...

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
If ASU beats the Washington schools convincingly, I believe we move close to top 10 schools regardless of how many lose higher in the rankings. The Big Ten is a fraud, like every year. The Big 12 will have either Texas or OK with 2 losses next week. It's hard to ignore a 7-0 BCS Conference team, regardless of who they have played.

Once ASU gets through the state of Washington, I believe ASU faces the toughest 4 game stretch of any team in College Football. Cal, Oregon, UCLA, and USC. If they can come away 2-2, we should be ecstatic. If ASU should go 3-1, they should be headed to a BCS bowl... seriously. (by the way, the 5th game is against the jr. college in Tucson, chalk that up as a win).

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was surprised ASU didn't break into the low teens this week. If ASU beats Wazzu on national TV this weekend I think ASU will get a double benefit from the coaches/athletic directors/water boys (whomever casts the vote in the coach's poll) who went to bed before ASU put the finishing touches on Stanford.

Still think it's a hornet's nest this month to keep this team focused on not looking ahead to Oregon/Cal/USC.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Claims? Raise your hand if you had the first known ASU fan website on the Internet.

*hand raised*

Raise your hand if you are semi-recognized blogger at a popular ASU website.

*hand raised*

I've been around, and as such, I've totally earned my right to be surly and skeptical. :p

I can vouch for Gaddabout, he is a hardcore ASU fan. I don't think there are any two bigger on this board than him and myself.

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Should continue moving up in the polls. A win is a win. Go Devils!

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Should continue moving up in the polls. A win is a win. Go Devils!

I guess that is technically correct, but wow, what a stinker. ASU is really going to struggle next week against Washington.

But, a win is a win.

On a positive note, good to see Stanford beat USC after we struggled with Standford for the first half last week... makes me feel a bit better about last week.