Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Holy crap...I completely forgot about Bill getting werewolf bit in the last book.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it weird that I am excited for all of you Pottheads, even though I'm not one yet?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and so it begins...

harry potter has been released in england

:thud: That means it is about time to stop reading the Internets.

I was thinking of going down to Walmart tonight and seeing how long the lines are at midnight, and which ones dressed up and all, but I'm afraid someone will spoil it down there....saw a video online last year where some guy drove around the borders and yelled "Snape Kills Dumbledore" to everyone, then speeds off. I don't want to be spoiled that Lestrange kills Hermoine or whatever.

I can wait until tomorrow for my book to arrive.

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
I was going to get it tomorrow morning, but I want to start reading it so bad so I went and got that wristband to reserve my place in line. I'm going to be in the 2nd group to get the book...a lot better than if I got it at 10:30-11 which is the time I'm going tonight. So many people are going to die... :cry: Goodbye Hagrid...Hermione or Ron and more...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll just be glad when this thing is released. Haven't read any of the books or seen any of the films. I'll just be happy to walk through a Borders or Barnes and Noble without bumping into big/little "witches and wizards" and grown people walking around with capes and wands. They also had booths set up for palm reading, transfiguration, and owl challenges. :D

Nasser22

Reaction score
Someone in England has already finished the book and has set out to spoil it for everyone on the internet...so for the next 2-3 days I will not be seen much around here because if the ending is spoiled I will kill somebody. :)

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Barnes and Nobles was so full tonight they had multiple policemen present. I have never seen so many kids just ecstactic to read a book.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW I will have to get the book in a few days. The lines were just amazingly long.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
Went to Borders off 67th and Bell today. First got there at 12... line was INSANE. Went back at 1:30AM and only had to wait 40 minutes.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have none of you people heard of Fry's??? I can't understand why people stand in line at the bookstores when the grocery stores always have them, too.

My brother went to Border's at midnight; decided it was too long of a line, went over to Albertson's & was out of the store with the book in less than 5 minutes.

He's also finished reading it already. I had him tell me all the spoilers...ha ha!

Have fun reading, folks!!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have none of you people heard of Fry's??? I can't understand why people stand in line at the bookstores when the grocery stores always have them, too.

My brother went to Border's at midnight; decided it was too long of a line, went over to Albertson's & was out of the store with the book in less than 5 minutes.

He's also finished reading it already. I had him tell me all the spoilers...ha ha!

I think it's the experience of it...standing in line with a ton of fans, people dressing up, etc. Some people get a kick out of that.

Me...I wanted it delivered so I didn't have to do SQUAT :)

JerkFace

(Formerly offset) i have a special purpose
Reaction score
can someone send me a private message telling me who dies.....i would appreciate it.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I know it is corny but I will only buy books from bookstores.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, I'm at page 400...haven't looked at this thread for fear of spoilers...BUT!!

I was SHOCKED when Ron left...holy crap I didn't see it coming.

Moody dying..ok...felt that but Hedwig!!!! Damn...not cool JK. This book, thus far, has been great...witches and wizards on the run...infiltrating the Ministry...AWESOME!!!...Tonks related to the LeStrange clan...Yikes!!! big wow from me there, right at the first of the book.. Good stuff. What is up with Malfoy as we go forth...and is snape evil or not...still I don't know.

The first half of this book has been GREAT so far...loving it.

I've had maybe about 5 or 6 hours to read, and I'm getting in what I can what with watching my kids and all. I want to be damn near done before the morning breaks.

I've avoided all spoilers...and am just loving the way JK spins a yarn...she is so damn GREAT at slllloooowly unraveling it all.

Of COURSE it was RAB...Regulus Black...we all knew that...but making us semi-like Kreacher...ok...good stuff JK. Not going into Hogwarts halfway through and I'm impressed...running and hiding...I love it.

I expect them going to Hogwarts....at some point.

My prediction...here and now...is that inside the snitch in some way is Fawkes to Harry...the key to destroying the remaining Horcruxes. The got the ones needed so far, but it is halfway through and they need to find a lot more....Fawkes WILL come into play...that's my call.

And now I'm off to not read the Internets again until I finish. Tomorrow I have church and Ratatuille in the morning, but I expect to be done before dinner. Sleep??? Who needs it.. This is Harry Freaking Potter's last gasp!!!!

Nasser22

Reaction score
So, I'm at page 400...haven't looked at this thread for fear of spoilers...BUT!!

I was SHOCKED when Ron left...holy crap I didn't see it coming.

Moody dying..ok...felt that but Hedwig!!!! Damn...not cool JK. This book, thus far, has been great...witches and wizards on the run...infiltrating the Ministry...AWESOME!!!...Tonks related to the LeStrange clan...Yikes!!! big wow from me there, right at the first of the book.. Good stuff. What is up with Malfoy as we go forth...and is snape evil or not...still I don't know.

The first half of this book has been GREAT so far...loving it.

I've had maybe about 5 or 6 hours to read, and I'm getting in what I can what with watching my kids and all. I want to be damn near done before the morning breaks.

I've avoided all spoilers...and am just loving the way JK spins a yarn...she is so damn GREAT at slllloooowly unraveling it all.

Of COURSE it was RAB...Regulus Black...we all knew that...but making us semi-like Kreacher...ok...good stuff JK. Not going into Hogwarts halfway through and I'm impressed...running and hiding...I love it.

I expect them going to Hogwarts....at some point.

My prediction...here and now...is that inside the snitch in some way is Fawkes to Harry...the key to destroying the remaining Horcruxes. The got the ones needed so far, but it is halfway through and they need to find a lot more....Fawkes WILL come into play...that's my call.

And now I'm off to not read the Internets again until I finish. Tomorrow I have church and Ratatuille in the morning, but I expect to be done before dinner. Sleep??? Who needs it.. This is Harry Freaking Potter's last gasp!!!!

I'm close to page 500 :) That first part didn't surprise me since it was on Sirius' family tree in book 5. I also want to get it done so I can start posting like I did before and just know what happens.