Zeke Elliot suspended

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
Didn't the incident happen before he was drafted? That's the only thing that I think could potentially cause a wrinkle (e.g. legal appeal that could drag this thing out a long while), but I'm sure that was all contemplated before they announced the suspension.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
they have a pretty good offensive line so their backup RB is still a threat.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He'll appeal and it might be reduced. However I doubt if he will be playing in game 3 against us.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's Darren McFadden, so he's not bad just has trouble staying healthy.
lol....do they still have that RB we drafted that always looked good in preseason but amounted to nothing? A cowboy fan I knew went on and on about how he was going to be amazing for the cowboys based on a preseason. I let him know that will go away when the season starts and sure enough it did.

Cardsfanstl

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Jerry Jones will have Zeke appeal this and and until the appeal is heard he will probably play. So not getting my hopes up he is not in the lineup for Game 3.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Six games, but I was outta my mind calling this dude a creep . . . okay.
He'll appeal and it will ultimately get whittled down to 3 or 4 games. Wonder if he'll play against us?

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
6 games seems a bit harsh but it also seems like they are building in an appeal pad to suspensions now. That and the whole Ray Rice thing blowing up in their faces course.

Brak

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
6 games is the "new" policy for domestic violence. They came up with that shortly after the outrage over Ray Rice only getting 2. 6 is supposed to be the "minimum".

Where the NFL looks bad is how they handled the Josh Brown (Giants kicker) case. He barely got a slap on the wrist. One of my black friends is already screaming "I smell race" with Zeke getting 6 games. Of course he's a huge Cowboys fan too. And also happens to be the uncle of NFL washout Trent Richardson.

Big D

...and STILL...
Reaction score
I didn't think the minimum applied in situations where there were no criminal charges or an arrest but apparently it does.

Ultimately Goodell is judge and jury.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Jerry Jones will have Zeke appeal this and and until the appeal is heard he will probably play. So not getting my hopes up he is not in the lineup for Game 3.
i dont think appeals take anywhere near that long

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
this highlights a forgotten element in the David Johnson vs Leveon Bell vs Ezekial Elliot debate:

Availability

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
He will either appeal & have it pushed back for no telling how long (just like Brady) or it will get reduced like Big Bens did watch!

:devil: jones will help fight this, when he has zero business sticking his nose in off the field BS.

But hey the sports talk shows are blowing up here in Dallas with anger lol :clapping:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Didn't the incident happen before he was drafted? That's the only thing that I think could potentially cause a wrinkle (e.g. legal appeal that could drag this thing out a long while), but I'm sure that was all contemplated before they announced the suspension.
Nope after he was drafted I believe in July

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
He will either appeal & have it pushed back for no telling how long (just like Brady) or it will get reduced like Big Bens did watch!

:devil: jones will help fight this, when he has zero business sticking his nose in off the field BS.

But hey the sports talk shows are blowing up here in Dallas with anger lol :clapping:
They're mad that he got suspended for beating up a woman? Classy bunch....

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He's lucky it wasn't more. This was in essence a single suspension for what appears to have been 5 DV assaults in 6 days or something like that.

Meanwhile he's now on thin ice, Josh Gordon and Darryl Washington style.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/11265/ezekiel-elliott
The NFL informed Ezekiel Elliott that "any additional violations" of the personal conduct policy "may result in your suspension or potential banishment."
It's a strong statement from the league after it discovered "substantial and persuasive evidence supporting a finding that Elliott engaged in physical violence against Ms. Thompson on multiple occasions" in July 2016. Elliott has continued to put himself in the wrong places at the wrong times since then and is walking a dangerous path if he doesn't get his act together. Any subsequent violation will likely event in a yearlong or indefinite suspension.

We also shouldn't forget he was rumored to be a user of psychedelics, and overall a weird guy.

In other words, he's got issues, and it really wouldn't surprise me if he slips up in some other way.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score

Brady actually sued the league, it wasn't just due to appeal.. If Zeke doesn't go that route, an appeal shouldn't take all that long - I doubt anything new comes up during the appeal that they didn't already consider.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn