Your Top 5 TV Shows on right now...

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Seriously people watch Terriers. This last episode ended very much like the second to last Breaking Bad from this season. Next week is the finale so you won't have to read my pleas to watch this show much longer. This show has to be renewed, it absolutely has to.

I watched the first 3-4 of them and I loved it, have the rest on the DVR. Just been too busy to catch up.

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Currently....

1) Friday Night Lights
2) Modern Family
3) Dexter
4) Walking Dead
5) Glee

I'd probably watch more shows if I wasn't away from home but those are the only shows I make an effort to watch--Modern Family, Glee and Walking Dead are easy to find on the web, Friday Night Lights & Dexter take a little more work to find good links.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Updated:

1. Burn Notice
2. Community
3. Raising Hope
4. 30 Rock
5. The Office

AZZenny

Reaction score
update:

Fringe
The Closer
Burn Notice
then lagging way behind...
NCIS LA
Criminal Minds

The friend who turned me on to Fringe says Nikita is pretty good. Anyone have a sense of it?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
update:

Fringe
The Closer
Burn Notice
then lagging way behind...
NCIS LA
Criminal Minds

The friend who turned me on to Fringe says Nikita is pretty good. Anyone have a sense of it?

I like Nikita and from your list, I think you would also. I'd put it a half notch below Covert Affairs. Have you given Human Target a try? I wouldn't put it quite up there with Burn Notice and Leverage but it's similar in style and quality, IMO.

Steve

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ah, just for fun right now:

The Walking Dead
Fringe
Dexter
Community
Vampire Diaries

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I like Nikita and from your list, I think you would also. I'd put it a half notch below Covert Affairs. Have you given Human Target a try? I wouldn't put it quite up there with Burn Notice and Leverage but it's similar in style and quality, IMO.

Steve

Unfortunately, Human Target is actually not good at all this season.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Human Target is actually not good at all this season.

I'm not fond of the changes but I think it's way too early to write this show off. Especially since we're only a couple of episodes into these changes. They need to return their focus to Chance and Guerrero and lose the whiny owner. IMO, the worst Human Target episode so far is still better than the average episode of most shows.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I'm not fond of the changes but I think it's way too early to write this show off. Especially since we're only a couple of episodes into these changes. They need to return their focus to Chance and Guerrero and lose the whiny owner. IMO, the worst Human Target episode so far is still better than the average episode of most shows.

Steve

I disagree. It's early, but so far there is plenty out there that is better than any Human Target episode this season so far. Lenny James does return next week, so hopefully that will pick the show up.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I'm just about done with Burn Notice. It's just too formulaic at this point and has probably run its course. If this season doesn't end with him reversing the burn, I'll certainly be done with it. There's only so many seasons of 'oh, NOW we know what we need to do...drat, now there's something ELSE we need to do' that one can stand.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Surprised so many people have forgotten about Breaking Bad.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Right now I'd have to go with:

Friday Night Lights
Boardwalk Empire (not sure if it's done yet or not, but I am a few episodes back on my DVR)
Dexter
Modern Family
The League

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Top 5 on right this moment with original episodes:

1) Raising Hope
2) Chuck
3) Castle
4) Community
5) Modern Family

These are very close to cracking the top 5:
Bones
Smallville
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
The Good Guys

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Bones drives me bonkers... I like the show, and the love triangle this year.

However, the stupid stuff they do each week surrounding technology makes me crazy.

Lasers cutting gel-bones out of a block of jello?

The crazy ass computer stuff they to to recreate the bones. Then they DIAGNOSE the dumb recreations? The melted bones was hilarious when the computer straightened them out.

And the acting of the non-regular people is classic cheese IMO.

But.... I watch it every week.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Top 5 on right this moment with original episodes:

1) Raising Hope
2) Chuck
3) Castle
4) Community
5) Modern Family

These are very close to cracking the top 5:
Bones
Smallville
Supernatural
Vampire Diaries
The Good Guys

The Good Guys??? I already cancelled that show, I'm surprised the Network didn't get the message. I only watched the first 7 or 8 episodes but I thought it was pretty lame. Has it really improved that much or were you one of the few people that actually liked it from the start?

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

However, the stupid stuff they do each week surrounding technology makes me crazy.

The crazy ass computer stuff they to to recreate the bones. Then they DIAGNOSE the dumb recreations? The melted bones was hilarious when the computer straightened them out.

I enjoy the show quite a bit despite it's occasional absurdity. The only thing that bugs me is they keep telling us that Angela is beautiful. Quick Draw McGraw also had a horse face but at least they didn't try to convince us he was beautiful. It would probably bother me less if the lady could act or if the role itself was in any way believable. And I don't think every female actor has to be a supermodel but if they're going to parade her around like eye candy she should at least look the part.

Steve

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The Good Guys??? I already cancelled that show, I'm surprised the Network didn't get the message. I only watched the first 7 or 8 episodes but I thought it was pretty lame. Has it really improved that much or were you one of the few people that actually liked it from the start?

Steve

It got better as it went along. In fact, I thought it was one of the more solid shows during the Fall. In the summer run, I didn't particularly think Colin Hanks and Bradley Whitford had much chemistry, but it really developed and it ended up becoming a really strong show.

And multiple hours of Jenny Wade (the most beautiful woman on TV, IMO) can't hurt.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score

It's formulaic, yes, but kudos to the writers for trying to come up with the most bizarre and incredible murders on television. Plus, their gore is completely over-the-top and the stars have best chemistry of ANY show right now.

But it is formulaic and wholly unrealistic, but that's part of its charm.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Update:

1 - Dexter
2 - Chuck (Cheesy, but entertaining.)
3 - True Blood
4 - The Walking Dead (Watched 5 episodes in 2 days. Love it.)
5 - House