Your 3 bold draft predictions!

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Let's get some predictions in..

And for anyone interested... Let's get something on the line. For me. I'm suggesting beers next time I'm attending a game, which might take some time since I moved to Asia :)

1. Monti will use minimum one of the 3 3rd rounders to move up or trade.

2. We will draft a starting DE.We are all looking at the pure pass-rusher when we are think DE forgetting that Gannon's scheme use an undersized DT as DE on 1st and 2nd down, who then moves inside on passing downs. The draft is heavy on this profile and the FAs added were true DT profiles not used on passing downs. If no pure pass rusher falls, we will draft an undersized DT to play DE.

3. We will draft someone, who was projected much higher at either #27 or #35. Between pick 1 and pick 35 it's expected that 6 QBs and 11 OL will be drafted. Add the huge group of WRs expected to go (5-6 excluding MHJ/Odunze at #4). That leaves 11 players at TE, DT, DE and CB.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Monti will make at least one trade moving up to get his guy

Not so sure he trades out of #4

Some of the picks we will be scratching our heads (happens every year)

Gandhi

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2. We will draft a starting DE.We are all looking at the pure pass-rusher when we are think DE forgetting that Gannon's scheme use an undersized DT as DE on 1st and 2nd down, who then moves inside on passing downs. The draft is heavy on this profile and the FAs added were true DT profiles not used on passing downs. If no pure pass rusher falls, we will draft an undersized DT to play DE.
I think this is spot on, Bach. That is why it has never made sense to me to want one of the high rated DT to actually play DT, but in your scenario it could make sense.

My bold predicition is that Cards use two high picks (day one or two) on WRs.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Cards will end up drafting 2 in the top 20.

One of the Cards 3rd round picks will end up being an absolute stud

Not a new bold prediction, but I'm sticking with it, Brian Thomas Jr will end up being the best receiver drafted this year.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1. The Cardinals will draft both Harrison Jr and Rice giving them two WRs that come from star lineage.

#2. The Cardinals will draft 4 players from their top 30 visits.

#3. The Cardinals will end up with the same amount of picks they started with

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
1. The Cardinals will stay put and draft MHJ, then the Chargers will get a haul including 3 firsts and a good young player...and we will question whether we made the right move.

2. Cards will draft Darius Robinson at #27 if hes available..and might consider a trade up for him.

3. We will trade down from #35 because there are several players still available that we like.

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Cards trade up in first for Newton and the board goes nuts because “he would have been there at 27” .

2. E. Cooper gets drafted in the 20s by a team like Green Bay or Tampa Bay and wins DROY.

3. Spencer Rattler gets drafted in the tail end of the first by a team that trades back into the first because they missed on their guy earlier.

Bonus: @Stout is happy with what the Cards do when the first round is complete! Jk jk all in love!

Here’s to a great draft friends!!

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
1. Cards trade up in first for Newton and the board goes nuts because “he would have been there at 27” .

2. E. Cooper gets drafted in the 20s by a team like Green Bay or Tampa Bay and wins DROY.

3. Spencer Rattler gets drafted in the tail end of the first by a team that trades back into the first because they missed on their guy earlier.

Bonus: @Stout is happy with what the Cards do when the first round is complete! Jk jk all in love!

Here’s to a great draft friends!!
Your #1 is my favorite reaction by fans on the board and leaves me shaking my head…

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Your #1 is my favorite reaction by fans on the board and leaves me shaking my head…
Especially since before the pre-draft process in underwear Olympics he was considered a top 15 pick by a lot of folks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
#1. The Cardinals will draft both Harrison Jr and Rice giving them two WRs that come from star lineage.

#2. The Cardinals will draft 4 players from their top 30 visits.

#3. The Cardinals will end up with the same amount of picks they started with
Im gonna use these three too

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
1. Cards stick and pick at #4 and take MHJ.
2. Cards get either JerZhan Newton or Darius Robinson with 2nd pick.

Being from Illinois, I am pretty biased regarding Newton. He is a beast on the field. He is the definition of a dawg!! May not look like an athlete, but he sure plays like one.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
1. Cards stick and pick at #4 and take MHJ.
2. Cards get either JerZhan Newton or Darius Robinson with 2nd pick.

Being from Illinois, I am pretty biased regarding Newton. He is a beast on the field. He is the definition of a dawg!! May not look like an athlete, but he sure plays like one.
Lots of top notch defensive tackles never looked like an athlete.

seacow

Reaction score
1. A 3 way trade between Vikings, Cards and LAC is in place resulting in Vikings receiving pick 4, Cards pick 5 plus some draft capital and LAC at 11 - however ONLY if Maye slides and is available at 4 (Vikings not willing to send 3 1sts and more for JJ but they’re in love with Maye)

2. There will be 6 QBs taken with the first 20 picks

3. We trade up for Verse from 27

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
1. A 3 way trade between Vikings, Cards and LAC is in place resulting in Vikings receiving pick 4, Cards pick 5 plus some draft capital and LAC at 11 - however ONLY if Maye slides and is available at 4 (Vikings not willing to send 3 1sts and more for JJ but they’re in love with Maye)

2. There will be 6 QBs taken with the first 20 picks

3. We trade up for Verse from 27
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media