Youngest Gasol set to be walk-on at UCLA

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adria Gasol, younger brother of NBA All-Stars Pau Gasol and Marc Gasol, has enrolled in college at UCLA and plans to walk-on with the Bruins basketball team this season.

So what does this development mean?

Probably not much in the immediate future because the youngest Gasol isn't really heralded despite the fact that he's 6-foot-10 and, you know, named Gasol. But let me say this: I live in Memphis and once watched a fat kid named Marc Gasol play high school basketball, and, back then, I had no idea I was looking at a future franchise center. Nobody did. So these Gasols can be difficult to project. That's my point.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...5756/youngest-gasol-set-to-be-walk-on-at-ucla

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's an engineering major and most people don't expect him to ever be a factor at UCLA as a player. He apparently resisted playing basketball when younger, wasn't interested, so he's got a much later start into the sport than Marc had let alone Pau.

UCLA also has a 6'9" Iranian kid from juco who's going to be walkon. With Anthony Stover off the team they can probably use a couple of big bodies in practice, especially with Freshman Tony Parker out with a hammy injury.

It'd obviously be great if Gasol turned out to be a player, but it doesn't sound like anybody expects him to be much more than your standard walkon.