You scored on us? Oh yeah we will show you!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
pray to the football gods that we maintain that stat all season long.
answering is vital in the nfl

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One caveat to this is that the Titans, Vikings and Jags defenses are not good.

But actually the Rams D isn't as good so far this year. 20th in yards allowed. 25th in air yards allowed. 9th in points.

Its not the same D under Raheem Morris.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I have to say that the play calls in the red zone this year have been light years better than the previous 2 seasons.

Excellent job of play calls and execution.

HomerPimpson

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Traditionally it takes defenses a few games to catch up to the offenses, and I would think this year would be a more extreme case. That extra game does make a difference in how teams scheme.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
that is a good stat. the ability to bounceback from scores and deficits shows a solid resiliency in the team. would just like to see us not getting down as much as we have the previous two games in the first half. started slow against Minn and Jax. We got away with it against bad defenses, but it'll be tough to replicate against great Ds, which we'll inevitably have to beat if this team really wants to be a contender.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
that is a good stat. the ability to bounceback from scores and deficits shows a solid resiliency in the team. would just like to see us not getting down as much as we have the previous two games in the first half. started slow against Minn and Jax. We got away with it against bad defenses, but it'll be tough to replicate against great Ds, which we'll inevitably have to beat if this team really wants to be a contender.
Exactly. I’d rather see more stacking of scores than playing tennis.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

But actually the Rams D isn't as good so far this year. 20th in yards allowed. 25th in air yards allowed. 9th in points.

Which should be a surprise absolutely no one. Raheem Morris is not a great coach, to say the least.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score

stats can be skewed. I havent watched any rams games but have they jumped out to leads early? that can force an offense to pass the ball making a defense look worse in the passing game and better in the running game than they actually are.

the most important stat there is ...9th in points
its a legit top ten defense where is counts.

kliff has been scheming some decent plays so far this season. will be interesting to see if we have guys wide open against the rams like we have against everyone else so far this season. if we do then kyler needs to hit them and not leave them all alone doing jumping jacks trying to call for the ball.
the rams like to play short ball and allow easy underneath plays so a team can work its way down the field... then they tighten up when there is less field to defend.
we have to take that away from them.... consider anything from the 40 in the redzone...stretch their defense.... but keep Hop kinda short so ramsey isnt back there adjusting to the ball.
I honestly think we have the dogs to run their Defense ragged...it all depends on Hudson,.... if he manhandles Donald like I saw him do with the Raiders, Kyler will have time to let plays develop.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
stats can be skewed. I havent watched any rams games but have they jumped out to leads early? that can force an offense to pass the ball making a defense look worse in the passing game and better in the running game than they actually are.

the most important stat there is ...9th in points
its a legit top ten defense where is counts.

kliff has been scheming some decent plays so far this season. will be interesting to see if we have guys wide open against the rams like we have against everyone else so far this season. if we do then kyler needs to hit them and not leave them all alone doing jumping jacks trying to call for the ball.
the rams like to play short ball and allow easy underneath plays so a team can work its way down the field... then they tighten up when there is less field to defend.
we have to take that away from them.... consider anything from the 40 in the redzone...stretch their defense.... but keep Hop kinda short so ramsey isnt back there adjusting to the ball.
I honestly think we have the dogs to run their Defense ragged...it all depends on Hudson,.... if he manhandles Donald like I saw him do with the Raiders, Kyler will have time to let plays develop.

Oh it's still very good, but last year it was a top 5 D in practically all aspects. But no doubt it's still a very good defense and the best in the NFC West.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

The Rams defense was virtually the same through three games last year. My Rams fan friend posted their defensive stats through three games and it was nearly identical. The Rams defense really took off down the stretch last year.

The difference this year though is that Jordan Fuller isn't even remotely in the same class and John Johnson at safety and Troy Hill is a pretty good corner as well.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn