Yes!!! Rosie O'Donnell is joining The View

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I was so upset when I found out Meridith was leaving her spot on first chair. I thought long and hard about how I felt could handle the hosting responsibilities. Elizabeth is still too young and raw, Star is too into herself and I don't think Joy is dynamic enough to hold the spot. Plus her feud with Star is so obvious.

Once I found out that Rosey was joining I'm a little excited, a little nervous and just totally wigging out over here!!!

Here's hoping for another 9 years of greatness!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're the man Rosie!!! Muuuuuahhhhh XOXOXOXOXOXOXO

You must be registered for see images attach

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow.....I will never be seen in public with you again.

:shakeshead:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm excited too, Ryan......

Rosie = :notworthy

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Its a good thing that both Rosie and Star lost weight. Otherwise the set of the View would have a gravitational pull similar to that of Saturn.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont watch the View, but good for Rosie!!!

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
OMFG!!!!! Star Jones is leaving the VIEW!!!!

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOO happy, I hate that friggen *****

NEW YORK - Don't expect any smackdown between Rosie O'Donnell and Star Jones Reynolds on "The View." Reynolds said Tuesday she was leaving the show.

She told People magazine, "I feel like I was fired."

Rumors that she was leaving have intensified since the April announcement that Rosie O'Donnell would be replacing Meredith Vieira on "The View" in the fall.

O'Donnell had made several caustic remarks about Reynolds, saying that it was dishonest for her to talk about losing more than 100 pounds through diet and exercise without talking about gastric bypass surgery.

Reynolds, one of the original cast members of Barbara Walters' daily chatfest, made the announcement after the first commercial break of "The View" on Tuesday, saying the show had decided to move in a new direction.

"I'm not sure what the future holds," she said. "But I'm absolutely sure who holds the future."

Her announcement came on the same day that Lloyd Grove's gossip column in the New York Daily News headlined: "Star gazing may end soon for `View'-ers," and repeated one of O'Donnell's quotes about Reynolds.

Walters, after beckoning the studio audience to give Reynolds a standing ovation, indicated the timing was a surprise. She expressed her "sadness that it has turned out this way."

"I can't imagine how `The View' would have succeeded without you," she said.

Comic Joy Behar looked like she was shocked.

"Who am I going to fight with?" Behar said.

Reynolds replied: "Something tells me you will have somebody to fight with."

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Eew... Kelly Pickler is the guest host on the View today and she looks horrible. She cut her hair dyke short

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Eew... Kelly Pickler is the guest host on the View today and she looks horrible. She cut her hair dyke short

I saw that too. I always thought Pickler was very doable, but now, not so much.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How do you guys actually get to watch daytime TV? Night jobs?

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:

Night job.... I'm a manny for my son during the day and super tech guy at night

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
dreamcastrocks said:

I saw Pickler on Kimmel a few weeks ago. I am on lockdown in the office from 7:30A - 5:00P. :(

jenna2891

potential get-away driver: go!
Reaction score
on the run from johnny law... ain't no trip to cle
Ryanwb said:
Night job.... I'm a manny for my son during the day and super tech guy at night

i have a feeling you're going to love this:

Food Network Star Becomes Daytime Hostess
Jul 17, 9:26 AM EST

The Associated Press
Rachael Ray is everywhere with her Food Network shows, best-selling cookbooks and lifestyle magazine. Now, she's adding daytime talk show hostess to her crowded resume.
The high-energy cook who shows America how to whip up inexpensive meals in 30 minutes promises her hour-long syndicated show, debuting Sept. 18, will present "can-do" advice about cooking, travel, relationships and pop culture trends.

Don't expect her to be bound to a couch like hosts of more conventional talk shows.

"I want to laugh and eat something in every show," Ray said Sunday at the Television Critics Association's summer meeting. "It's very important to me that everything is accessible. People love that sort of friendly advice and that sense of community when you get advice from a peer instead of an expert."

Unlike Ellen DeGeneres, Tony Danza and Oprah Winfrey (whose Harpo Productions is a producing partner), Ray's show won't be celebrity-driven. Instead, she expects famous guests to cook with her or play foosball.

She added Winfrey has been "a huge and continuing influence" on her.

"She tells me to be myself," Ray said. "She doesn't chime in or call up and say, `This is how you can be more like Oprah.' She's pretty busy with her own job."

Besides, Ray couldn't change her outgoing ways.
"We're talkers in my family. We're very loud, talkative, volatile people," she said. "I got a big mouth. My husband is a lot like me. He doesn't bruise easily."

Ray said she planned to have her husband — lawyer and musician John Cusimano — cook and play music for her on the show.

Ray's show has been picked up by stations nationwide, said Terry Wood, president of creative affairs for King World and CBS Paramount Domestic Television.

It will air at 10 a.m. in New York, 9 a.m. in Los Angeles and at 3 p.m. in other markets, Wood said.

A veteran guest of Winfrey and David Letterman's shows, among others, Ray knows what she does and doesn't want to try on her own show.

"I'm really tired of seeing makeovers and date things and everyone is 20," she said, explaining she recently taped a piece on seniors dating.

"I want to go from another angle. I want old and young to want to watch the show. I want it to be fun and interactive for all ages."

With all her traveling, cooking and eating, how does Ray manage her weight?

"I don't," she said, laughing. "I buy jeans with stretch. Everything I have has stretch in it. I haven't known my weight since I was 12-years-old. I have enough pressure. I don't care about any fashion enough to give up food."

Ray's everywoman persona makes for interesting interactions with her fans.

"They hit me on the arm and give me a recipe," she said.
And for those Ray devotees who try to make her recipes in 30 minutes, the cook herself suggested taking it easy.

"It's kind of creepy if you actually go home and set an egg timer," she said. "If I open the wine before I start cooking, it takes me a good 47 (minutes). If you've never picked up a knife in your life, it'll probably take you an hour."

NEZCardsfan

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That's gonna be too much Rachel Ray. Her charm is her cooking for me.

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
NEZCardsfan said:
That's gonna be too much Rachel Ray. Her charm is her cooking for me.

I get the feeling Rachel will gain about 100 pounds in the next 5 years.

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Rivercard said:
I get the feeling Rachel will gain about 100 pounds in the next 5 years.

She's been on the Ricky Lake train for about 2 years now

OP
OP
R

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Neil Diamond was on the View today, I could have died and gone to heaven

OP
OP
R