Yanks and Mariners close to swapping Pineda for Montero

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
According to MLB.com, the Mariners and Yankees have agreed in principle on a deal that would send 23 year old All Star SP Michael Pineda to the Bronx in exchange for top prospect Jesus Montero.

The Yanks obviously came into the post season with a dire need for SP help, while the Mariners were looking for a bat with some pop in their lineup. This deal seems to work for both squads.

Thoughts?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Nice deal for my Yanks! Pineda appears to have all the goods. Montero is a stud as well so the Mariners are getting high quality in return.

Yanks also picked up Kuroda from the Dodgers. Another high quality starter - which they desperately needed... :thumbup:

OP
OP
Diamondback Jay

Diamondback Jay

Psalms 23:1
Reaction score
One thing I will say about this off-season, there have been a LOT of quality for quality trades.

Really, there are few I look at and say "Wow, team A got ripped off" or "Team B made out like bandits." There are a few that I feel one team got the better end (Washington with Gio, as I'm not as fond as some of the prospects, minus Cole as others are) but most have been balanced.

For the M's, I really like Montero's potential to be a #4 for them.. I also like Hector Noesi's potential (he too heads to the Pacific Northwest). For the Yanks, you can't say enough about how badly this team needed help in the starting rotation and getting Pineda was about as good as they could have gotten this off-season.

Solid deal for both teams.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard