Yankees want Schilling

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And, I would hope Jerry and Joe would get a lot more for Curt than just Nick Johnson.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yeah, throw in Mantei and Spivey and give us Soriano

wierwolf

Koolaid Guzzler
Reaction score
Schill was on the Dan Patrick show of Espn radio. He said he wouldn't want to go to the Yanks.. Even though he could bank if traded there. He went on to say that the decision will be made by his family. His last move is where He wants to go. Not money. he says he has more money than he will be able to spend.. But he knows he will not be a D-Back after next year...

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by wierwolf
Schill was on the Dan Patrick show of Espn radio. He said he wouldn't want to go to the Yanks.. Even though he could bank if traded there. He went on to say that the decision will be made by his family. His last move is where He wants to go. Not money. he says he has more money than he will be able to spend.. But he knows he will not be a D-Back after next year...

He's over the map in the NY Post article.

I think he'll go if they cough up enough money.

"It's a situation where I don't want to switch leagues," said Schilling, who pitched briefly for the Orioles before the Astros, Phillies and Diamondbacks. "But at the same time, it wouldn't be the issue I thought it would be. Going into a new league would mean learning new hitters - but I have thought it over the last couple of days and there would be a lot of ways to be prepared."

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by devilalum
He's over the map in the NY Post article.

I think he'll go if they cough up enough money.
Money is the least of his issues and has always been. It's about winning and personal and family comfort. Curt twice had the opportunity to be a free agent and declined, signing contracts a year before free agency at less than the market would have warranted.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
To Schillingfan:

Listen I know your a Curt fan but come on. What Major Leaguer is not playing for the money? I think that we should stop this money thing and let them play for the fun but thats my opinion. Schilling wants money and then family/team is second or tied with 1st.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by schillingfan
Money is the least of his issues and has always been. It's about winning and personal and family comfort. Curt twice had the opportunity to be a free agent and declined, signing contracts a year before free agency at less than the market would have warranted.

Well then maybe its the prospect of winning another ring. But if that is his only motivation for considering the Yankees why doesn't he just say OK and quit this wavering thing.

OP
OP
M

mark1

Veteran
Reaction score
Peter Gammons reported in his November 9th column.

"The Yankees, knowing the Diamondbacks have to pare from $95 million to $80 million, will inquire about Curt Schilling, whose cost will include prospects and someone willing to eat Matt Mantei's $7 million. However, Schilling has indicated that if he moves, he prefers Boston and that will be seriously discussed."

I've never heard Curt even mention Boston.

It is interesting though that the 3 things Boston wants, a closer, a starting pitcher, and a second baseman, are people that we could trade. If Boston would take Mantei off our hands along with Curt, those two teams could make a blockbuster.

Gammons usually knows what the Red Sox want to do.

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by mark1
Right, but that isn't what Curt wants to do. I found his column outrageously self-serving for Boston because Curt has repeatedly said that the only place he really wants to go is Philly and Gammons completely ignores that.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Originally posted by schillingfan
Right, but that isn't what Curt wants to do. I found his column outrageously self-serving for Boston because Curt has repeatedly said that the only place he really wants to go is Philly and Gammons completely ignores that.

I think Curt has backed off of his Philly desires due to the fact that they are second teir contenders.

Why else would he be talking hypothetically about the AL? The NY Post quotes make it sound like he's given the AL a lot of consideration.

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
Originally posted by devilalum
I think Curt has backed off of his Philly desires due to the fact that they are second teir contenders.

Why else would he be talking hypothetically about the AL? The NY Post quotes make it sound like he's given the AL a lot of consideration.
Just because he wants to go to Philly doesn't mean he can make it happen. He has always said he wants to finish his career in Philly or Arizona. Arizona has told him bye-bye. He wants to finish in Philly.

If Curt leaves the D-Backs won't be any kind of contenders. Curt going to Philly puts us right in the ballpark.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by mark1
Gammons is a die hard BoSox fan... it doesn't make him credible when asked to cover what other teams and players are up to.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard