Xbox 360

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I am trying to decide between RB6 Las Vegas or Oblivion.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a gift card burning a hole in my pocket. I am trying to decide between RB6 Las Vegas or Oblivion.

Oblivion. Hands down.

I put 60+ hours into mine before the 360 crapped out. I dont think I was half way done yet.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I sold it instead. When they come out with the cooler chips, and hopefully, HDMI, I will get another.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
I put 60+ hours into mine before the 360 crapped out. I dont think I was half way done yet.

Most likely not even close. Before I traded it in, I had a save of over 130 hours and I had done very few of the individual town quests and that was before the expansion packs were available.

I did finish the main quest, fighters guild, mage's guild, dark brotherhood, and thieve's guild quests

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you rocking the Wii now? When will the Wii get HDMI? :sarcasm:

Haha, nice one. Between the Wii and a DS Lite, I haven't missed my 360 much at all.

When did my Wii almost catch my house on fire when it overheated?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Haha, nice one. Between the Wii and a DS Lite, I haven't missed my 360 much at all.

When did my Wii almost catch my house on fire when it overheated?

LMAO. The 360 runs hot but I have a launch system and have had ZERO problems with mine. Neither have 3 of my friends who have launch systems. Feel bad for ya bro.

Also, I hate to admit to owning a Nintendo system but I have a Wii too. Wii sports is addicting. However, it could never replace the 360 in any way shape or form for me. Wii has no games like GOW or Oblivion or number of others to move the 360 over.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO. The 360 runs hot but I have a launch system and have had ZERO problems with mine. Neither have 3 of my friends who have launch systems. Feel bad for ya bro.

Also, I hate to admit to owning a Nintendo system but I have a Wii too. Wii sports is addicting. However, it could never replace the 360 in any way shape or form for me. Wii has no games like GOW or Oblivion or number of others to move the 360 over.

It sucks too, I always kept it well ventilated, not on carpet, etc. There was still burn marks on the plastic it got so damn hot.

The Wii has a great list of titles for this year. What I am missing with the 360 (Oblivion) I am getting with the DS. My DS Lite library has tripled within the past week with the deals that I am finding.

Check out this list of Wii games scheduled for this year.

has anyone seen the 2007 game list over at IGN? Supposedly for Japan:

* Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
* Disaster: Day of Crisis
* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Bongo Blast)
* Doubutsu no Mori [Animal Crossing]
* Forever Blue
* Hoshi no Kirby (Kirby Adventure)
* Mario Party 8
* Mario Strikers Charged
* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
* Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
* Super Mario Galaxy
* Totsugeki Famicom Wars (Battalion Wars II)
* Wii Health Pack
* Wii Music
* Paper Mario
* Cooking Mama
* Wario Ware (already out)

The Wii games are a bit slow right now, (as all consoles are 6 months in) but it will get better.

Now MSFT, hurry with the damn hardware revisions so I can get another. PS3 is way down the road for me, if ever.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It sucks too, I always kept it well ventilated, not on carpet, etc. There was still burn marks on the plastic it got so damn hot.

The Wii has a great list of titles for this year. What I am missing with the 360 (Oblivion) I am getting with the DS. My DS Lite library has tripled within the past week with the deals that I am finding.

Check out this list of Wii games scheduled for this year.

has anyone seen the 2007 game list over at IGN? Supposedly for Japan:

* Dairantou Smash Brothers X (Super Smash Bros. Brawl)
* Disaster: Day of Crisis
* Donkey Kong Taru Jet Race (DK Bongo Blast)
* Doubutsu no Mori [Animal Crossing]
* Forever Blue
* Hoshi no Kirby (Kirby Adventure)
* Mario Party 8
* Mario Strikers Charged
* Metroid Prime 3: Corruption
* Project H.A.M.M.E.R.
* Super Mario Galaxy
* Totsugeki Famicom Wars (Battalion Wars II)
* Wii Health Pack
* Wii Music
* Paper Mario
* Cooking Mama
* Wario Ware (already out)

The Wii games are a bit slow right now, (as all consoles are 6 months in) but it will get better.

Now MSFT, hurry with the damn hardware revisions so I can get another. PS3 is way down the road for me, if ever.
I have a DS that my wife mainly plays tetris on. Its a good little system, but a replacement for a 360? Come on. Sounds like you got bitter as I did when my 360 broke. I almost sold my replacement but once I cooled off (no pun intended) I just came to the realization it is the best system out right now. The games are by far the best and they are getting better.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a DS that my wife mainly plays tetris on. Its a good little system, but a replacement for a 360? Come on. Sounds like you got bitter as I did when my 360 broke. I almost sold my replacement but once I cooled off (no pun intended) I just came to the realization it is the best system out right now. The games are by far the best and they are getting better.

When have I once said that I was bitter? In fact, I have agreed that it is probably the best overall value of all systems out right now. You are seriously twisting my words.

I guess you must have missed the fact that I plan on buying another one. :rolleyes:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
When have I once said that I was bitter? In fact, I have agreed that it is probably the best overall value of all systems out right now. You are seriously twisting my words.

I guess you must have missed the fact that I plan on buying another one. :rolleyes:

Like the 360 the temp is hot in here. I don't think either of you were saying anything intentional. :) I am probably going to sell my current 360 when the new HDMI one comes out too.

PS Dream, I bout Oblivion. Just started it but..... :rockon:

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Like the 360 the temp is hot in here. I don't think either of you were saying anything intentional. :) I am probably going to sell my current 360 when the new HDMI one comes out too.

PS Dream, I bout Oblivion. Just started it but..... :rockon:

The only thing that I have ever said on this forum about video games that is intentional is that the Wii sucks. :p

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only thing that I have ever said on this forum about video games that is intentional is that the Wii sucks. :p

lol. The Wii is actually pretty fun. This is coming from a person who's only other experience with Nintendo was the N64. I ended buying like 5 games for it then never touched it again. I didn't own a Nintendo system before or after that until the Wii.

Well I don't put the Wii in the same category as the 360 or PS3, it has it's place in our house. Like I said before Wii Sports is so freaking addicting.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lol. The Wii is actually pretty fun. This is coming from a person who's only other experience with Nintendo was the N64. I ended buying like 5 games for it then never touched it again. I didn't own a Nintendo system before or after that until the Wii.

Well I don't put the Wii in the same category as the 360 or PS3, it has it's place in our house. Like I said before Wii Sports is so freaking addicting.

That is exactly the point that I try and bring across. The console is not for everyone, but just about everyone that plays it, enjoys it. Hell, my 55 year year old mother enjoys it.

I still find it ironic that I was called out for being bitter in this thread.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FINE. I'll admit it. I'm going to buy one when the price comes down on it to a reasonable level for what is offered. Until then, let me bash the Wii, wii, wii all the way home.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FINE. I'll admit it. I'm going to buy one when the price comes down on it to a reasonable level for what is offered. Until then, let me bash the Wii, wii, wii all the way home.

The tides are turning. With the amount of quality games out by then, you will want one by next X-Mas.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The tides are turning. With the amount of quality games out by then, you will want one by next X-Mas.

Probably not. I know what it is, and I have gauged my interest level in the Wiimmick. It will be a couple of years at least before I'm comfortable to pay to buy a gaming system to wave a stick around at and laugh. Until then, there is always actually doing something.

:thumbup:

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score

LOL. I hear ya. I feel the same way about the PS3. Howevever, I think hell will freeze over before that system ever gets to a reasonable price. By then XBOX 720 will be out. So why bother. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn