Reaction score
Dark Phoenix

Release date: June 7, 2019
Studio: 20th Century Fox
Director: Simon Kinberg
MPAA Rating: N/A
Screenwriter: Simon Kinberg
Genre: Action, Sci-Fi

Starring: Sophie Turner, James McAvoy, Michael Fassbender, Jennifer Lawrence, Nicholas Hoult, Alexandra Shipp, Tye Sheridan, Kodi Smit-McPhee, Jessica Chastain, Alison Blaire, Lamar Johnson, Evan Peters

Plot Summary: In Dark Phoenix, the X-Men face their most formidable and powerful foe: one of their own, Jean Grey. During a rescue mission in space, Jean is nearly killed when she is hit by a mysterious cosmic force. Once she returns home, this force not only makes her infinitely more powerful, but far more unstable. Wrestling with this entity inside her, Jean unleashes her powers in ways she can neither comprehend nor contain. With Jean spiraling out of control, and hurting the ones she loves most, she begins to unravel the very fabric that holds the X-Men together. Now, with this family falling apart, they must find a way to unite -- not only to save Jean's soul, but to save our very planet from aliens who wish to weaponize this force and rule the galaxy.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Pretty awful first 90 minutes. But the last 30 was pretty good. Didn’t really care about the resolution, but at least the end was good.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The last two X-Men movies couldn’t deliver yet they were lucky enough to hit the jackpot with a Fassbender/McAvoy pairing. We probably shouldn’t be surprised though right?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The last two X-Men movies couldn’t deliver yet they were lucky enough to hit the jackpot with a Fassbender/McAvoy pairing. We probably shouldn’t be surprised though right?
They were barely together in this movie.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait until all of Marvel's creations/characters are under one roof. There are so many stories that could be adapted into films. Too bad it was segmented for all of these years.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
You know what speaks volumes? As a comic book kid by FAR my favorite was Wolverine and the X-men. I mean not even close. I loved the avengers and iron man and black panther and the nighthawk defenders and iron fist and power man and silver surfer, and of course read Thor, Spider-Man, hulk, fantastic four, etc., and even the old Inhumans. But nothing compared to the X-men. And the run of X-men movies just fell so flat for me that this movie doesn’t even make me want to go see it. That’s a somewhat crushing realization.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn