Wow Logan

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This kid made good decisions and had great accuracy. Didn't even have to use the wheels much, and uses his size to his advantage. Packing heat for sure as advertised. Great surprise showing from him tonight.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Nice to see this kid have some success. He has had a tough time the past two years.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Nice to see this kid have some success. He has had a tough time the past two years.

He definitely came in with a pocket minded no turn over mindset, and he stuck to it while making the reads and the throws. Some throws were dangerous but he puts enough on them to beat the defender so far. The touch TD throw after pressure while running was nice.

Seandonic

Gotta love that Cardinal red!
Reaction score
Totally agree Dawg. He looks amazing tonight. I am so rooting for this kid to be the Cards future. He would take them to a new level at the QB position. Totally fits the new standard for NFL QB's. Mobile, fast, strong arm...I'm very excited right now. I know it's early but as you say...WOW!

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was going through his reads and making accurate throws. He even had some touch on the ball. Made a heads up play on the TD when he pulled the ball down, ran, then stopped short of the line of scrimmage and threw on the run.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Totally agree Dawg. He looks amazing tonight. I am so rooting for this kid to be the Cards future. He would take them to a new level at the QB position. Totally fits the new standard for NFL QB's. Mobile, fast, strong arm...I'm very excited right now. I know it's early but as you say...WOW!

I thought we were going to see a raw QB with a cannon struggle tonight, and that aint what I saw. Early as hell for the kid but it goes to show those Cardinal fans (namely me :manongoalpost: ) that the guys in charge are in charge for a reason. I didn't understand the pick, but I do now. It's just more optimism to add to an already stellar night.

OP
OP
desertdawg

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He doesn't mind getting hit, or taking the sack, at least not from what I saw tonight.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's still VERY raw, but that cannon is prime. He's got one hell of an arm.

Long way to go with him, but I liked a lot of what I saw. Develop him for two years and we might have a long term QBOF. He could still easily fail when asked to carry a team rather than not make mistakes against future insurance salesmen.

Perspective....

But that last play was a thing of beauty.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Thomas was much better than I expected also. Was not a nervous rookie throwing the ball all over the place. Actually he was very composed.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
11/12 113 yards 1 TD. I was impressed that he never had happy feet. He even ate a couple sacks early rather than make mistakes. Very poised. Very accurate which shocked me. His last TD was excellent. Ducked to evade the rush, pulled up and delivered a beautiful pass.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Lindley will land on his feet. He will start for Tennessee at some point this year.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Runs. Big. But if he has to throw over 30 yards. He can't handle it.. He is a project.. I'm rooting for him..

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
@MikeJurecki
Logan Thomas played w/ confidence, comfortable in the pocket, mentioned had one day in practice 16-16, otherwise the best he's played.
9:05pm - 9 Aug 14

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I was pleasantly surprised with Logan and if he is taken along slowly I think he actually does have a chance to be a NFL quarterback, I really did not expect the accuracy he showed... on a side note, he looks a lot like Dante Culpepper when he entered the league

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
No protection? No problem. Totally unfazed and concentrated on his reads. The QB whisperer has done it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
No protection? No problem. Totally unfazed and concentrated on his reads. The QB whisperer has done it again.

The best part about Logan was no stupid throws. This was actually the first time I have ever seen a rookie suit up and not try to force a few passes when pressured. There was some tight throws but hand it to Logan, his arm is strong as hell and those throws never where a issue :)

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The best part about Logan was no stupid throws. This was actually the first time I have ever seen a rookie suit up and not try to force a few passes when pressured. There was some tight throws but hand it to Logan, his arm is strong as hell and those throws never where a issue :)

He followed coaching instruction. Smart move when we have the coaches we have.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A good start to the young man's career. Got better as he went along, showed good composure. Rifle arm. Played as a pocket passer first, runner second.

On that final play, as he was on the run, I was like here is where the good new breed QB's finds someone in the endzone... and bam, beautiful play.

Of course on ESPN, Manziel gets all the coverage, then they only show Watt and Clowney. You'd almost thought the Browns and Texans won, and that Manziel had a great night. Looked flighty, going to run himself into injury, and showed checkdown tendencies. ESPN should of treated their audience to what Logan did instead.

Kid looked like the real deal tonight, I'd like to see him do it against the 2's and maybe even start game 4. We know what Stanton can do.

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Dawg, the good part is that the staff doesn't have to pressure Thomas into playing quickly. He has time to learn from the best, and make the proper adjustments as he goes along. This WAS a great start for him, especially in light of his bad press coming in. We saw NONE of that tonight, and he looks to have almost unlimited potential. He is smart, tough, studious, athletic, big, strong, and fast. And did anyone tell you about his arm? Tonight we saw both touch and torch. He looks to be a steal in the draft at this point. He also took command of the huddle. His offensive roster looked to him for leadership and got it in spades. I believe he has won over the offense.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
If Logan where to somehow overcome a mediocre college career and convert his obvious talents to a long NFL career, it will be because of three things; Logan himself and from what I hear he is the last guy to leave practice and he seems to realize the gift of having the chance to play professional football, Arians and Moore for living up to their classification of QB gurus, and lastly Carson Palmer because it seems he is being one hell of a mentor to the kid

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't like this pick, but I was thrilled with his play tonight. Gawd, I'd love this kid to make me look like a a ******* and continue to play great.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alaskabustergreen