Wow....I Was Just Mentioned On KDUS Sports Zone:

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I posted recently on the "Trade rumor" thread about my Randy Johnson trade proposal, and Evan Andeen and Bob Kemp read and praised it....

http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/showthread.php?t=31271&page=5

Here's my proposal again:

KingLouieLouie's Trade Proposal #1:
Here's my 1st trade proposal involving Randy Johnson....

The Marlins are still expressing an interest in Nomar Garciaparra and the Red Sox are inquiring about getting Alex Gonzalez in return....

The Marlins have an extremely deep farm-system loaded with younger pitching prospects, power hitting OFs that possess speed, and some solid corner IFs.. a a couple solid catching prospects......other than OF are the Dbacks biggest needs.....

Therefore, the Dbacks trade Johnson to FL for the following:

Dbacks:
Jason Stokes-1B

67-games
249-ABs
42-runs
67-hits
18-2B
0-3B
16-HR
61-RBI
22-BB
84-Ks
4-4 SBs
.269 BA

Jason Stokes, 1B. This kid has a high ceiling and boasts dramatic raw power. Selected in the second round of the 2000 draft, Stokes began to show his prowess in Utica in 2001, where he pounded six home runs and drove in 19 runs in just 35 games. It was however in his second season at Kane County (A) where he challenged for the Triple Crown in the Midwest League, elevating his batting average to .341 with 27 HR and 75 RBI, all the while fighting through a painful cyst problem on his left wrist. He finally underwent surgery, which included a bone graft at the tail end of 2002 and after a slow start rebounded with nice numbers for Jupiter (A) in 2003. Stokes finished with 17 homers and 89 RBI in 121 games. However, the Marlins saw a slip in his batting average to .258, which could be attributed to his wrist injury the previous year.

Would the Marlins be willing to trade this prize prospect? Possibly since Hee-Seop Choi is still extremely young and producing well..especially at a bargain contract that the has....

Scott Olsen-LHP (starter)
3-5
3.66-ERA
16-games
86-IP
80-Hits
40-Runs
35-Earned Runs
6-HRs
39-BBs
97-Ks

Scott Olsen, LHP. This may be somewhat of a shocker, as this kid was a relative unknown in high school. However, the Marlins saw enough in him to take him in the sixth round of the 2002 amateur draft. The 6’4, 170 pound lefty is very lanky, but has been a sponge at absorbing tutoring at the minor league level. Unimpressive in his first pro season, Olson rebounded nicely in 2003 for Class A Greensboro with a 7-9 record and 2.81 ERA, fanning 129 batters in 128.1 innings. He improved his mechanics last year, which resulted in a livelier fastball. He improved the quality of his slider in his second year and opted to remove the curve ball, at least temporarily, from his repertoire. He also has a very nice changeup, which is very important for a lefthander. Olson also has a quality sinker. It would surprise no one if he finishes at Double A this year.

The Marlins have several other quality starters, but I believe they're be more willing to surrender Olson...I do like Jeff Allison, but he'll be in line to soon replace Pavano (who more than likely be leaving as a FA after the end of this year)....

Eric Reed-OF

55-games
22-ABs
32-Runs
68-Hits
9-2Bs
6-3Bs
3-HRs
14-RBI
14-BBs
55-Ks
24-29 SBs
.306 BA

Eric Reed, OF. Reed could be the Marlins' next Juan Pierre. Despite standing at just 5’11 and weighing in at just under 170 pounds, Reed is a prolific weight lifter. He knows his strength is in his legs, not his biceps; and he has learned to become a very good bunter and is willing to put the ball on the ground to take advantage of his speed. A ninth round pick out of the 2002 draft, Reed, like most top of the order hitters, needs to gain confidence hitting with two strikes. He stole 53 bases and scored 86 runs in 134 games last year, while batting .300, good enough to earn him the Marlins' 2003 Minor League Player of the Year. His speed allows him to cover plenty of ground in the outfield. A jump to Double A this year is expected. However, Pierre still has two years left on his contract and Reed is being groomed as his heir apparent.

I believe Pierre will receive a contract extension... plus the Marlins have Jeremy Hermida, Abraham Nunez, Miguel Cabrera, and a couple other OF prospect who will be Major League w/in 2-3 years... Reed has the explosive speed and line drive capabilites...I know the Dbacks have Jackson, Quentin, and a couple other lethal OF prospects, but imagine adding Reed's speed into the mix.....

I would also consider catcher Josh Willingham as well, however, he's the type of rare breed that combines solid defense and power, so I dont believe the Marlins would part with him...

Boston receives:
Randy Johnson
Alex Gonzalez

Marlins receives:
Nomar Garciaparra, probably along with some a lesser known lower prospect(s) in the Red Sox organization...

I believe every party involved would benefit from that trade immensely..

-I must go in Horse & Hound to get my free beer from them!-

Last edited:

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
How did they mention you or lead into discussing the trade idea?

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
I posted recently on the "Trade rumor" thread about my Randy Johnson trade proposal, and Evan Andeen and Bob Kemp read and praised it....

:notworthy

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
AZCB34 said:
How did they mention you or lead into discussing the trade idea?
I thought I had mentioned it earlier, but I guess I was overly excited when I posted this thread....

I sent them an email to seek their input/feedback on my proposal.....

I usually don't post messages about myself, but I was shocked to be actually mentioned on the air and their favorable response.......

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Good idea Louie, but with Pokey Reese on the DL, the Marlins beginning to tank, and Johnson only waiving his no-trade to NY and STL (allegedly) this might not be happening. Who would play SS for the Marlins next year if they had taken this trade? Nomar won't settle for chump change in South Beach.

I can envision something like this happening if Florida hangs around:

Florida receives:
Steve Finley
Jose Contreras + cash to pay his contract

Yankees receive:
Randy Johnson

Arizona receives:
A rape and pillage of the Yankees and Marlins farm system and 1 or 2 MLB ready players

PS - Don't quote me on this as it was a quick scenario I came up with little thought or research.

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
Good idea Louie, but with Pokey Reese on the DL, the Marlins beginning to tank, and Johnson only waiving his no-trade to NY and STL (allegedly) this might not be happening. Who would play SS for the Marlins next year if they had taken this trade? Nomar won't settle for chump change in South Beach.

Florida receives:
Steve Finley

Yankees receive:
Randy Johnson

Arizona receives:
A rape and pillage of the Yankees and Marlins farm system and 1 or 2 MLB ready players

PS - Don't quote me on this as it was a quick scenario I came up with little thought or research.
Alex Gonzalez would immediately become the Red Sox's starting SS, so the fact that Reese is on the DL is moot.....

Marlins could keep Garciaparra for a month, and if they're out of contention...then the Marlins could turn around and trade him (get a decent SS prospect in return).... The Marlins could then sign some bargain basement SS during the offseason to fill the void (if they dont 'net in any deal....must check later the eligible FA SSs...perhaps Aurilia is a
possibility?)......

I posted that proposal on 7/16, so this was prior to any rumors circulating with Finley going to FL, so this now does put an interesting spin on everything.... On KDUS the they also linked Mayne and the Marlins, so that could net more cash or an additional lower tier prospect....

I just am laughing hysterically about people taking the NY media seriously that the Dbacks are inquiring about Posada.....Their media sensationalizes everything for "shock-value", so therefore lacks substance...

Then, KDUS is reporting (citing some paper) that the Dbacks demanded Jay Payton for Finley..... That just has to be more concocted BS from the media because there's no way possible that could possibly happen.......

Your trade proposal is extremely sound as well, because the Marlins have probably the best farm system and the Dbacks must capitalize/exploit them on that..........

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:
Evan Andeen and Bob Kemp read and praised it....

They are so much better on the air than 910!

Last edited:

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
My question is: A big deal was made out of Schilling's wife trying to get her seating arrangement changed to sit next to Johnson's wife at the all-star game. Supposedly she was going to put some girlie pressure on Randy's wife to persuade hubby to become a Red Sox. Maybe Randy is not a big lover of Curt! I get a very strange feeling that Randy hates any pressure at all from anybody and does not like the fans, but loves to spend and have the money they provide for him by supporting the team. Where did I just read that he got a woman painter fired for just saying hello to him when he walked in the room?( the paper or on this board). If that story is true, he is really getting pretty low on the HUMAN level of society.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:

Florida receives:
Steve Finley

Yankees receive:
Randy Johnson

Arizona receives:

This is a good possibility, but theres a few small problems I see. First, Im not sure if any contender would want to be in a three way trade with the Yankees, as no contender wants to strengthen NY's chances. Of course, the Marlins are just fighting for a playoff spot so they may be happy just getting any help they can. Plus, I dont think we'll be getting to pillage the Marlins system since they are only getting Contreras and Finley, so we wont be getting enough for Finley and Johnson in return, since we all know the Yankees farm has nothing for us.

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
KingLouieLouie said:

-I must go in Horse & Hound to get my free beer from them!-

They definately like you much more than Section 11 :)

OP
OP
KingLouieLouie

KingLouieLouie

Going Old School!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone happen to listen to the Sports Zone today?

The reason why I revive this thread and ask is that yesterday I sent Bob Kemp another email and he read it on the air:

Bob:

I appreciate your positive reaction/comments to my Randy Johnson trade proposal from a couple weeks ago, and I'll definitely come into Horse & Hounds to pick up my free beer.

I would call into the program, but I hate being placed on hold....

Anyways, what's the current status on the Dbacks top pitching prospect, Adriano Rosario (aka Ramon Antonio Pena Paulino)? I haven't heard anything regarding his status since mid-May and I'm wondering if you may have any updates.

True he was 3 years older than what was originally documented when the Dbacks signed him, however, he had explosive stuff and was going to be a major factor in their long-term future. Thanks in advance.....

Sincerely,
Lou
Phoenix, AZ
He responded that he was going to head out to the "BOB" prior to lasnight's game, and would find out his info for me...and would announce any of the details he got during today's program.... Unfortunately for this regard, I wasnt near the radio whatsoever during those 3-hours and might have missed out on anything.....

The reason why I pose this is that "Rosario" during Spring Training was topping 97 MPH on a regular basis and if he is indeed reinstated could become a huge factor for the Dbacks w/in the next 2-yrs.....

If anyone from here did indeed listen to Sports Zone today and Kemp mentioned it on the air, I would appreciate any info....

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I sent Kemp an e-mail a couple days ago also about Brandon Lyon but I didn't hear if he got a chance to answer it. If anyone heard it and doesn't mind giving an update, I'd appreciate it.