Worth the Gamble

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
He's just not going to be good.

Average is best case with him.

Personally I am shooting for more than the next Andy Dalton at QB.

you have absolutely no freaking clue how he will develop.Nada.Zip.SO your view is simply your opinion .NOT FACT.

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
What if Kyler does the same thing?

I would be shocked. The Rosen we saw was the same Rosen at UCLA - a mixed bag (he had more than 10 good throws also ).

Murray was incredibly consistent at OU last year. Ignoring his running, he is just a more consistent thrower than Rosen. I would be shocked if he wasn't that way in the NFL also. I don't see Murray being as sporadic as Rosen last year.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
I would be shocked. The Rosen we saw was the same Rosen at UCLA - a mixed bag (he had more than 10 good throws also ).

Murray was incredibly consistent at OU last year. Ignoring his running, he is just a more consistent thrower than Rosen. I would be shocked if he wasn't that way in the NFL also. I don't see Murray being as sporadic as Rosen last year.

Murray is not going to have a OLINE better than everyone in the conference protecting him and he isn`t going to be throwing to receivers who are open by 5 yards.Big difference.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Who is going to trade up for Murray? He fits very few systems. Would drop like a rock in any other draft. And no one is going to trade up to draft a Defensive Lineman because this is the deepest D-Line draft since 2002 and you can get a potential all pro late in the teens. A mess

So not the Cards fault that the media smoke screen didn't work.

swagron

All Star
Reaction score
The thing with Rosen is that he wasn’t really that good in college and the expectation was that he will be the QBOF...So it’s more than just the Cardinals bad coaching, bad system and bad players. He has no proven results. The thought is he is a franchise QB because someone said so, not on proven results or track record.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

It's the tough questions that our front office, I'm sure, has to ponder as well.. they know the potential of a Murray and the potential in developing a Rosen. It's just gonna have to come down to who do they feel will be the better fit...and that's the only main reason I want Murray as well. I don't think there is a system in the top 5 to 10 teams in the draft that he can thrive in, like he could with KKs. jmo

b8rtm8nn

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Murray is not going to have a OLINE better than everyone in the conference protecting him and he isn`t going to be throwing to receivers who are open by 5 yards.Big difference.

Again, not even comparing Murray to Rosen, but Murray to Mayfield at OU. Murray was significantly more consistent than Mayfield game to game. It's creepy. Murray is an incredible athlete in this aspect.

Doesn't mean you don't stick with Rosen, but I just can't see Murray bombing out (even if it is only average in the NFL), he is just too consistent.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
Again, not even comparing Murray to Rosen, but Murray to Mayfield at OU. Murray was significantly more consistent than Mayfield game to game. It's creepy. Murray is an incredible athlete in this aspect.

Doesn't mean you don't stick with Rosen, but I just can't see Murray bombing out (even if it is only average in the NFL), he is just too consistent.

Consistent over one season against subpar competition most of the time.College isn't the NFL.Once again he will be facing better defense than he faced in college .I still say a Flutie like career at best.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave