Worth the Gamble

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Even if they get Bosa if Sweat falls to 33 take him or trade the pick for a major haul. I’m hearing teams have totally dropped him from their board. With all the edge rushers he might fall to 33 but shouldn’t. I’ve had several scouts tell me 33 is as good as 25 and should fetch a premium in a trade. With teams having a night to ID their top board value the Cards should get great offers. I’d want a high second and a third this year & next. I know that’s off the chart but this is a rare draft.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Totally agree, the #33 pick is very valuable especially from a trade viewpoint. Many players with first round grades drop and there are teams that will give up a lot to get them.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Fans are now going to be down on Rosen if he stays and the team struggles. Might as well just draft Murray at this point.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Depends who's left. Jeffery Simmons may fall. That guy's a top 6 talent. His knee will heal. He slapped off a woman who was attacking his sister. After investigation, no prosecution. Would you take him?

Unless you are dead set on Murray, you can manipulate at least 4 picks in the first two rounds out of this.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Well this fan wants him to be given the chance.

As did I. But with this schedule he is pretty much sunk after with a 5 win season (at best). Bidwill let this get way out of hand. Forced into drafting Murray at number one. NO ONE IS GOING TO TRADE UP TO DRAFT ANYONE AT NUMBER ONE NOW. The smokescreen backfired

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Hell we can parlay 1 & 33 for a wealth of picks

Who is going to trade up for Murray? He fits very few systems. Would drop like a rock in any other draft. And no one is going to trade up to draft a Defensive Lineman because this is the deepest D-Line draft since 2002 and you can get a potential all pro late in the teens. A mess

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Who is going to trade up for Murray? He fits very few systems. Would drop like a rock in any other draft. And no one is going to trade up to draft a Defensive Lineman because this is the deepest D-Line draft since 2002 and you can get a potential all pro late in the teens. A mess

I don’t think all this silliness accomplished anything. That said they will get offers. I’m not sure any will be worth taking but I don’t rule out Oakland. Gruden is totally unpredictable. He thinks he’s a QB maker genius. Make no mistake he’s calling the QB shots in Oakland. Almost since its inception the NFL has been a “Me too” league. Several teams think Mahomes is the new paradigm. They want one. It’s true Murray has issues but there will be teams that ignore those and see him as the “now” player.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I heard that medical red-flags have caused both Sweat and Simmons to drop like stones.

Maybe all it takes are large cajones to beat the medical odds, but just remember that the concept of risks is that they carry a very tangible downside.

Given our track record with injury-prone players, I'd be very very careful.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don’t know why we should blast the Cardinals on how they’ve handled this. They have said NOTHING. This has all been media driven mainly because KK’s statement made three months before he knew he would be the Cards head coach. The only thing I see that they might have been able to do was declare they were absolutely not taking Murray. That MAY have exposed the interest of any team interested in Murray.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fans are now going to be down on Rosen if he stays and the team struggles. Might as well just draft Murray at this point.
Go back and look at game threads from last year. Fans were already down and he did struggle. It's like a few months passed and some people act as if he was good.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Go back and look at game threads from last year. Fans were already down and he did struggle. It's like a few months passed and some people act as if he was good.

Yeah i just don't understand the Rosen love.

He had less than 10 really good throws all year. I know our coaches sucked, but really good QB's can transcend bad coaching. Rosen did not do that at all.

BW52

Registered
Reaction score

He had less than 10 really good throws all year. I know our coaches sucked, but really good QB's can transcend bad coaching. Rosen did not do that at all.

Nonsense and BS.Giving up on a 1st RD Qb after last seasons mess is premature,stupid and foolish.Give Rosen a chance to succeed with a NFl caliber supporting cast and then see how he develops.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nonsense and BS.Giving up on a 1st RD Qb after last seasons mess is premature,stupid and foolish.Give Rosen a chance to succeed with a NFl caliber supporting cast and then see how he develops.

He's just not going to be good.

Average is best case with him.

Personally I am shooting for more than the next Andy Dalton at QB.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I posted this same thread a few weeks back. Sweat at 33 would be a steal

Delmar M Lewis

All Star
Reaction score

To a degree yes they can but it's hard to do when you have a defensive lineman hitting you in the face before you get the ball sometimes

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

What if Kyler does the same thing?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I wouldn't be shocked if the Cardinals trade down for more assets they wouldn't look at another quarterback like Drew Lock. I'm not sold on Rosen.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Cardinals draft Drew Lock I hope they move back to St Louis.

I'm not sold on a particular quarterback.

Any quarterbacks that would interest you in the draft?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose