Worst Team Since The Cardinals Moved To Arizona?

Worst Team Since The Cardinals Moved To Arizona?

• Yes

Votes: 48 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 16 25.0%

• Total voters

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Bob Kemp indicated today that he believes that the worst team since the move in 1988. I am inclined to agree. He also noted that this will be the 16th time in 31 seasons with 10 or more losses. There have been some historically bad teams since 1988 but is this team is the worst?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No. At least this time we have good players. Those really bad years, we had Aeneas and that's about it.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
No. At least this time we have good players. Those really bad years, we had Aeneas and that's about it.
You realize we have scored 20 or more points twice. And the Oakland game was 21 points. Not once have we scored 30. This is rock bottom

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Not a chance. 2002/2003 are those teams. It doesn't get much worse than they were back then.

This team has four legitimate stars (Peterson, Jones, Fitz, DJ). They had Anquan Boldin and an unrealized Adrian Wilson. You'd be hard pressed to find a ton of players on those rosters that would start over ours.

JosiahLee

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
2-14 will be the worst season in the history of the Arizona Cardinals. Wow. When you stop and think about some of the god awful teams throughout the years and then realize they will have won more games than this team...There are simply no words. I don’t think some people are ready to accept it because it is so shocking.

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I remember Kemp just blasting Plummer every week on his afternoon show. I would always listen to his show but I couldn't stand him. Can't believe he's still going.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Think about this. Just 4 seasons ago this team was 13-3 and 1 game from the Super Bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NYCARDS

Registered
Reaction score
Not a chance. 2002/2003 are those teams. It doesn't get much worse than they were back then.

This team has four legitimate stars (Peterson, Jones, Fitz, DJ). They had Anquan Boldin and an unrealized Adrian Wilson. You'd be hard pressed to find a ton of players on those rosters that would start over ours.

And I think this why this is the worst TEAM. The players you mention are top notch but even having them on this team has not helped what will likely be a 2-14 season.

Cards_Campos

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this is by far the most frustrating team we ever had. this and last year. we have talent. quite a bit. great push rusher....lock down corner. a good young QB. a top notch WR and good young WR ....we have pieces. Bellichick would have us at 7-4. last years team with a special teams coach would have won 10 games easy.
this isn't the worst team ...it's the worst couched team. We look incompetent!! And he has no answers. Its like taking at a test on Biology and he studied Shakespeare.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't know if they're the worst, but it sure as hell feels like it.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
It would be between:

2018, 2012, 2003 and 2000, for the worst team since the Cardinals have been in Arizona.

Personally, I do not see this 2018 team beating any of them. This offense is so bad, I do not think they could score against any of these teams.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Worst team in Chicago/Stl/Phoenix/Arizona Cardinals history!!! Yes!!!

When you factor in all the ingredients: the GM/HC/staff/players/results it’s the dumpster fire of all dumpster fires not ifs ands or buts about it imo.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have more talent than those previous tams, but we are the worst coached. Even Tobin and Dave Mc got some results from piss poor talent. If we had one of them coach this team, we would probably have at least doubled our win total so far.

OP
OP
Timm Rosenbach

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
We have more talent than those previous tams, but we are the worst coached. Even Tobin and Dave Mc got some results from piss poor talent. If we had one of them coach this team, we would probably have at least doubled our win total so far.

Indeed. The fact that there is talent on this team makes it ALL the worse. Of the 15 other Cardinals teams who lost 10 games or more since the team moved to the valley, this is one is the most talented. Wilks and Keim should have nothing to do with the future. 2-14 it is

Milgod

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The fact that this team has Jones, PP, DJ and Fitz yet still sucks tells a massive story on the coaching and majority of the roster.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m going with the Tom Tupa Cards, 1991.

When Rosenbach was lost in a non contact preseason drill, this team was doomed. 2 separate developments make our current season far worse than 1991. We drafted Eric Swann (1st round), and Aeneas Williams (3rd round) in the 1991 NFL draft. Williams started 15 games & tied for the NFC lead with 6 interceptions. I don't recall if Swann became a starter from day 1, but he certainly was a stud pretty early on. The 91 team had some players: Luis Sharpe, Tootie Robbins, Rickie Proehl, Johnny Johnson, Freddie Joe Nunn, Eric Hill, Ken Harvey, Tim McDonald, Aeneas Williams, Eric Swann. If Rosen had the offensive line that Tupa had then, we would be significantly better this year. The 91 team was far from unwatchable. This team lost 4-5 close games & they always played hard for Bugel. In no way should they be compared to the current $hit show we're watching.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The fact that this team has Jones, PP, DJ and Fitz yet still sucks tells a massive story on the coaching and majority of the roster.

The OL has so much to do with the level of garbage football that we're watching in 2018. None of the talent you mentioned above plays on the OL. When you factor that with Wilks trying to go from a 3-4 to a 4-3 without the personnel to do so, and we have ourselves a $hit show. It doesn't help that we don't have a qualified NFL coaching staff either. Wilks, at best, is a Coordinator. Our DC, at best, is a position coach. The same goes for Leftwich.

It's beyond comprehension just how putrid our OLine truly is. You can look at some pretty crappy Cardinal teams of the late 80's & early 90's, and you would still see some OLinemen that are eons better than anything we have seen in over a decade: Luis Sharpe, Tootie Robbins, Lance Smith, Joe Wolf, Bill Lewis, Ed Cunningham, Ernest Dye, Ben Coleman. Compare this list to the absolute garbage that we have marched out in recent years & it's easy to understand why we have the issues we have. All the while, we have a former Olineman as our GM. Boggles the mind.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose