Worst sequel of all time?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thread for best sequel, but this will do.

You must be registered for see images attach

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Agree with the above, especially on The Matrix, Planet of the Apes, Mad Max and Rambo. Disagree on The Terminator. I think the original is by far the best.

As for worst sequel, Fletch 2 has to get strong consideration.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Godfather III isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. On its own, it's a good movie. However, compared to One and Two (and I think that Two is possibly the greatest movie ever made) it looks terrible in comparison. But it's FAR better than most of the drek being mentioned.

The fact that Weekend at Bernies 2 and GFIII were listed not only in the same thread but the same POST is mind-blowing.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Agree with the above, especially on The Matrix, Planet of the Apes, Mad Max and Rambo. Disagree on The Terminator. I think the original is by far the best.

As for worst sequel, Fletch 2 has to get strong consideration.

BOOO!

What about Caddyshack II or Universal Soldier: The Return?

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Godfather III isn't nearly as bad as people make it out to be. On its own, it's a good movie. However, compared to One and Two (and I think that Two is possibly the greatest movie ever made) it looks terrible in comparison. But it's FAR better than most of the drek being mentioned.

The fact that Weekend at Bernies 2 and GFIII were listed not only in the same thread but the same POST is mind-blowing.

I like this stance a lot. GFIII is better than Alpa Chino's last ten films.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
No thread for best sequel, but this will do.

You must be registered for see images attach

I can't disagree too much, I would put Rambo 2 much higher though. I loved that movie when I was a kid.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
so agree. Back to the future v. Gfiii? Pleeze.

Anyone mention Fletch?

Sure, the movie wasn't that good, but the one-liners in Fletch II weren't bad. There are dozens more sequels that were worse than Fletch II.

Just name any horror movie--and it's sequel is worse than Fletch II. :)

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Sure, the movie wasn't that good, but the one-liners in Fletch II weren't bad. There are dozens more sequels that were worse than Fletch II.

Just name any horror movie--and it's sequel is worse than Fletch II. :)

To me, Fletch 2 stands out because it has the same lead actor and director as Fletch, but 2 is 1/1,000,000 as funny.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Texasville? Really? I thought that one stood on its own feet fairly well. Bogdanovich has never made a bad movie, IMO. OK, Voyage tot he Planet of Prehistoric Women, but that was hardly his fault. The title alone made it bad.

I just think some people were expecting something as shocking as a black-and-white, bare-breasted Cybil Shepherd in the back of a car with Randy Quaid. That's maybe the all time scene-that-seems-far-more-filthy-that-it-really-was. Second to that was Cloris Leachman having a Big O with a teenage Timothy Bottoms. Those two are very hard to top. But Texasville was an OK movie.

Last edited:

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I liked Alien 3. It's not perfect, but I think it may be under-appreciated.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Clerks two

"Oh it's OK.....I'm taking it back"

"Hey, 12 step you got anything to dance to down there?"

Sorry.

Nothing, and I mean nothing was worse than Caddyshack II. I have never watched something so pitiful in my life.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Alien 3 is underrated IMO.
Worst sequel?
Hmmm...it's fairly obscure but Phantasm II comes to mind. The original is still to this day one of the best fims of its genre ever made IMO.... despite its horrifically ultra-low-budget.
Director Don Coscarelli hit the creep-you-out-fantasy-horror bullseye with Phantasm.

Heucrazy

Pretty Prince of Parties
Reaction score
How about Friday the 13th VIII?

Lameness brought to a whole other level.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The whole premise of Weekend at Bernie's 2 was just asinine.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like this stance a lot. GFIII is better than Alpa Chino's last ten films.

+1 on the stance as well. The 2nd matrix also falls into the same category.

jefftheshark

Drive By Poster
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Passenger 57 - Why they thought they had to make another one, especially after already making 56 of them, is beyond me.

JTS

hsandhu

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Agreed. Also godfather 3 was necessary to complete the story of michael corleone, and i thought they did a very good job of that. In 2 he was pure evil, in 3 we see more of the man we saw in 1 trying to redeem himself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort