Worst couple weeks in history...

PHX 32

Hard times on Planet Orange
Reaction score
These last two weeks or so have been the worst weeks, to my memory, to be a Suns fan. In my 20 years of being a fan, and even before that, I cannot even begin to remember what has occurred in the past that has had dealt such a huge blow in morale to this administration. With the suspensions, the gut-wrenching loss to the spurs in the playoffs, and now the draft lottery, I cannot imagine how it could get worse for this team. As a fan, my heart literally hurts to witness these past couple of weeks' events. As a result, I'm going to take some time off from this board. Don't really mean to be dramatic, but you all are great people, and I feel it only fair to let you know I'll be off here for a while. I may check in once in a while from time to time, but I am feeling too much anguish with this franchise right now to be around anything that has to do with it. Sorry for ranting about my emotions for the team, but I'm sure most of you feel the same way. Have a great summer everyone, and take care all.

-PHX 32

asudevil83

Reaction score
in all honesty.....all i can say is adios.

no longer an nba fan. its been ruined for me for at least the next half decade. i've got better things to be worried about than being dicked over by the sport i've loved for years.

pokerface

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont know man...I think a trade could be in the works. Suns still have a lot of assets. We may not collect on the Hawks pick right now but any team in the league is going to view it as a mid first rounder minimum.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
Hey i'm upset and disappointed like the rest of you, but you gotta get over it!

Look, we STILL have a very good team and if its mainly untouched in the off season, i don't see why we won't be again challenging for the title. People say we can't beat SA. BS to that i say. We proved we can win. So we didn't when at full strength in game 6. ALOT of emotions were flying around in that game, but in games 2 and 4 we won and game 5 we coulda shoula. If not for 'That' rule we'd be still playing... maybe. We are still right there people. Regardless of future drafts picks (i'm not confident in Altanta bottoming out again) we are still right there in the mix. Pick 24 can land us somebody for the futre and we have to come back hungrier! Im

I have concerns about chemistry, I watched all the games and i could tell there is something wrong with Marion and Stoudemire. I dunno but it just isn't "happy times" on the court with those two. Maybe i'm wrong.

I know its painful right now but we still have a great team, so life ain't as bad as you're making it out to be.

GO SUNS!

Sunshooter

Registered
Reaction score
This team seems like Adelman's Kings.

We have best starters in NBA, but none of the reserves available.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst stretch for the Suns was the drug scandal I believe in the eighties (?). Now that was a dark period with the Suns franchise almost leaving Phoenix. It actually ended on a positive note with JC taking control of the ownership and stabilizing the ship. He also established a winning tradition.

I believe if the Suns would just start keeping their draft picks or using them in a trade for a player they like, I would be happy. I think the last draft pick the Suns kept was Zarko in 2003.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The worst stretch for the Suns was the drug scandal I believe in the eighties (?). Now that was a dark period with the Suns franchise almost leaving Phoenix.

Now those were some dark days. I remember sitting and listening to Juuuude Luh-Cah-vuh on KTAR for hours each night waiting to hear the Suns had been sold to some San Diego billionaire or an Oklahoma City oil man and would be moving the team to that area.

I have not always been on the same page as Colangelo, but what he did for the team ended up revitalizing Phoenix. He may have saved the city in some respects. The improved team and new arena played a role in all future development, including:

- Construction of Arizona Center
- Improvements to convention center that may double convention business in coming years
- Landing the D-Backs and the stadium
- Funding and construction of Dodge Theater
- ASU Downtown
- A fleet of new hotels, apartments, and condo construction

Phoenix is starting to look like a real city downtown, and if Colangelo hadn't stepped in, we wouldn't have the Suns, the D-Backs, and the Cardinals may have left without the necessary steam to build a stadium. Surely wouldn't have the Coyotes.

Yep, those were some dark days. Very, very dark days.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hopefully tonight, Jordan Sparks downs Seattle's Blake. Yes, that will break the 2 week downward spiral.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
I am almost to where you are too, but I am waiting to see if one last miracle of a trade happends before I call it quits.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am almost to where you are too, but I am waiting to see if one last miracle of a trade happends before I call it quits.

No matter what....... I think you will be back. You might take a break but you will be back. The Suns are sort of like bad reality TV. You swear you will never watch it then something catches your eye. Next thing you know your halfway through the season and hooked.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No matter what....... I think you will be back. You might take a break but you will be back. The Suns are sort of like bad reality TV. You swear you will never watch it then something catches your eye. Next thing you know your halfway through the season and hooked.

My loyalty to the Suns really took off when JC purchased the team and he showed his loyalty to the franchise and fans by making the Suns a consistent winner. I'm still waiting for Sarver to demonstrate that money does not rule. He has shown good intentions with extending Diaw and LB last season. I guess changes this coming season may be make or break time for me.

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
I just don't understand all the "calling it quits" talk. To me, you're either a fan, or you're not a fan. Just because a team missed success doesn't mean you throw in the towel. I just don't get it. I respect your right to throw in the towel, but I just don't understand it.

OP
OP
PHX 32

PHX 32

Reaction score
I just don't understand all the "calling it quits" talk. To me, you're either a fan, or you're not a fan. Just because a team missed success doesn't mean you throw in the towel. I just don't get it. I respect your right to throw in the towel, but I just don't understand it.

When did I once say in my post that I was "calling it quits". I said I was taking a break from the team and from this board until things get better, or time goes by. Learn to read.

Cicart

Rookie
Reaction score
When did I once say in my post that I was "calling it quits". I said I was taking a break from the team and from this board until things get better, or time goes by. Learn to read.

Actually, I wasn't reffering to your post specifically. I was referring to the multitude of posts I have read on this board sharing the sentiment of "calling it quits". There was no need to be rude to me.

OP
OP
PHX 32

PHX 32

Reaction score
Actually, I wasn't reffering to your post specifically. I was referring to the multitude of posts I have read on this board sharing the sentiment of "calling it quits". There was no need to be rude to me.

Apologies, but it seemed directed at me. I would never call it quits on this team, no matter how rough it gets, just need a break.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm calling it quits this year as a protest.

I'll be back next year.

Strike

Rookie
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

So you're a fair weather/bandwagon fan.

I imagine the Suns won't miss whiny little babies like you.

I don't even like the Suns but I like bandwagon fans even less. A true fan supports their team through thick and thin.

Any a-hole who doesn't suffer with his team during the bad times has no business celebrating with them for the good times.

Take a prozac and fly the flag with pride. Or go away for good.

CaptainInsano

Reaction score

I don't even like the Suns but I like bandwagon fans even less. A true fan supports their team through thick and thin.

Any a-hole who doesn't suffer with his team during the bad times has no business celebrating with them for the good times.

If you were a suns fan, or had any idea what it has been like to be a suns fan you wouldn't post this, but thanks for your uneducated opinion.

It is not fair weather/bandwagon. As a suns fan it is about getting so many bad breaks that you start to get so disgusted and worked up about it that you need to take a freakin' mental break before you end up going nutso.

Thanks though for jumping to conclusions, we should call you the human jumping to conclusions doormat because I wipe my feet on you in disgust.

OP
OP
PHX 32

PHX 32

Reaction score

Is this idiot serious??? You are absolutely the most moronic, idiotic, waste of life that has ever posted on this board. You have no idea the type of fan that I am. Just because I'm taking a break from a ******** MESSAGE BOARD does not mean im not a fan anymore. I hope that you realize how much of a F***** idiot you are and I hope you never post again on this board because you are a waste of life and space and do not deserve to even type on the same website as the fans we have on here. F**k OFF YOU PIECE OF S**T.

Drop D

Striving for the Penultimate
Reaction score
Is this idiot serious??? You are absolutely the most moronic, idiotic, waste of life that has ever posted on this board. You have no idea the type of fan that I am. Just because I'm taking a break from a ******** MESSAGE BOARD does not mean im not a fan anymore. I hope that you realize how much of a F***** idiot you are and I hope you never post again on this board because you are a waste of life and space and do not deserve to even type on the same website as the fans we have on here. F**k OFF YOU PIECE OF S**T.

Enjoy your break? :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison