Votes: 2 12.5%
  • San Francisco in 7

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
By splitting on the road, the Giants took the home field advantage. Take that, All Star Game! :)

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
By splitting on the road, the Giants took the home field advantage. Take that, All Star Game! :)

Hate to say it but pitching wise the Giants right now are a 1 trick pony. Lincecum did alright last night but now he's hurt and then their bullpen got rocked. The rest of their starters are just so-so. None have a record over .500 and all have ERA's near or over 4. This isn't the same pitching staff from 2010/12. They have to rely on Bumgarner to win 3 games and someone to win 1. That's a lot to ask. Especially given the fact that pitching on short rest is taxing.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That bullpen is nasty. I Giants better hit the starters earlier or it is over.

That's the thing. If the Royals can get to the 7th or 8th inning with the lead, it's over. That said, does Bumgarner go in game 4 or does Bochy take the chance and start Vogelsong in hopes the Giants can steal one and save Bungarner for game 5 in hopes he can come back for game 7 if necessary? In short, does he go with short rest now or later?

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
Yep that pen is nasty. They've got three closers essentially for the backend. The Giants offense needs to do a better job of getting to the starters as I don't think the Royals starters are all that good.

With that said, it's been some great baseball to watch. If I wasn't a Giants fan I'd be rooting for the Royals. They've got a great team and I enjoy the way they play the game.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yep that pen is nasty. They've got three closers essentially for the backend. The Giants offense needs to do a better job of getting to the starters as I don't think the Royals starters are all that good.

With that said, it's been some great baseball to watch. If I wasn't a Giants fan I'd be rooting for the Royals. They've got a great team and I enjoy the way they play the game.

This Royals team reminds me of the 2007-08 Phillies without the power. They play the game with boyish enthusiasm and they're hungry.

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Sloppy half inning for the Giants for sure. No way it should have lasted that long. Vogelsongs last start for the Giants I would imagine.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Saturdays Game 4 lasted exactly 4 hours. For an 8 1/2 inning game. Good think there is no halftime break as in basketball. :)

I know this was addressed in a previous thread and I agreed with the idea of keeping batters in the batters' box. But another major part of the problem is sponsors' commercials. With them paying the bills, that is not about to change.

Fox Sports Arizona actually cuts most commercials short to get more in. I wonder how the sponsors are reacting to that.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bochey's gamble paid off but the reason wasn't the pitching, it was the bats coupled with the Royals pitching imploding. And, once again, I feel the need to punch Ruben Amaro in the face for trading Hunter Pence for nothing. He's better than anything on the Phillies right now and we had him but traded him for literally nothing in return.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And now it's 2 games-to-win-1 for the Giants to win their 3rd consecutive even-year World Series championship. A complete game shutout. Go NL West!

Man, when Madison Bumgarner (6'5" tall) brings that left arm back to whip the ball to the plate, he brings it way back.

He is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.41 in three World Series starts, with just one run given up. That ERA is an all-time record for three or more World Series starts.

Another post-season legend is born. If it goes to 7 games, MadBum will pull a Randy Johnson and be available for relief.

Last edited:

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And now it's 2 games-to-win-1 for the Giants to win their 3rd consecutive even-year World Series championship. A complete game shutout. Go NL West!

Man, when Madison Bumgarner (6'5" tall) brings that left arm back to whip the ball to the plate, he brings it way back.

He is 3-0 with an ERA of 0.41 in three World Series starts, with just one run given up. That ERA is an all-time record for three or more World Series starts.

Another post-season legend is born. If it goes to 7 games, MadBum will pull a Randy Johnson and be available for relief.

Slightly off topic, but let's have a chat. The Giants have had 3 stud ace pitchers over the last 7 years ago. Starting with Lincecum, then Cain, now bumgarner. Lincecum and Cain have faded into non existence. What's going on? Will bumgarner follow the trend? I just don't get it, how can your career flip so dramaticly

Town Drunk

Reaction score
Shhh, Ronin! Don't mention 2002!

In regards to Cain, I wouldn't write him off yet. He was hurt this year and he was up and down last year. But I still think he'll be the Giants number two starter for years to come.

In regards to Bumgarner, there's not pitcher in baseball id take over him right now. He's simply brilliant.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry it still hurts. At least this time we don't have a manager that will panic in tight situations. I love me some Bochy.

In regards to Cain, I wouldn't write him off yet. He was hurt this year and he was up and down last year. But I still think he'll be the Giants number two starter for years to come.
I think Cain will be the #3 SP next year. I'd like to see what Petit has to offer as a SP. He's been amazing in the postseason as the long reliever.

In regards to Bumgarner, there's not pitcher in baseball id take over him right now. He's simply brilliant.
Agreed.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score

If I were a Giants fan I would be very worried about Cain's future.

AZ Native

Reaction score
And now it's 2 games-to-win-1 for the Giants to win their 3rd consecutive even-year World Seriies

3rd consecutive even-year World Series? Man, there is a stat for everything now. :)

Or you could look at it from KC's point of view, they have held home field advantage.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Keep it going, Royals !!! - Even though my dad put money on the Giants to win the World Series before the season started...

AZ Native

Reaction score
7-0 KC in the 2nd. So far this reminds me of the 15-2 pounding we gave Yankees at home after falling behind 3-2.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn