World Cup Qualifying

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I applied for World Cup tickets this past week. They will do the draw in April. I actually like how they are doing it, the ticket will be imprinted with the purchasers name so they can't be easily scalped as there are going to be random security checks. I put in for all of the U.S.'s opening round games (assuming they qualify--if they don't my tickets go back in the pool).

On to qualifications...The US starts play this week in Trinidad & Tobago and will play their next qualifier on the road in Mexico (assumably Azteca stadium - in the heart of the most polluted city in the Western Hemisphere). The last time the U.S. lost to Mexico was there during the last WC qualifying...1 - 0 in a game where they outplayed Mexico nearly the entire match. I expect the U.S. to win in T&T but likely lose again in Mexico and then things get interesting as they head home.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Me too...I likely won't be able to afford to go, but I put in for them nonetheless :thumbup: We'll have to hook up for a pint or something if we're at all three games (we will, of course, qualify...of that there is no doubt).

OP
OP
Zeno

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I was actually amazed my wife agreed to go to the World Cup, she isn't a big sports fan but I sold her on getting a Euro Rail pass and seeing what we could between matches.

Not to mention now that she is my scorekeeper for the youth team I coach--she is learning the game and begrudgingly learning to like it.

We are saving our money and have our "Germany for Dummies" book read through and through. It will be expensive but well worth it IMO...because I have no plans to go to South Africa in 2010, its now or never.

I actually might have to be sick Wednesday for the qualifier... a 12:30 start! What a bunch of crap. I actually think it would take a total meltdown for the U.S. not to qualify, Costa Rica and Mexico are always trouble but the top 3 go through and even the 4th place team has a shot in the playoff with the 4th place Asian/Oceana team(I think thats right).

A pint sounds nice, lets hope we both get lucky in the ticket lotto.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Yes, let's hope we both win the ticket lotto, but even further, let's hope I can afford to go!

Yeah, there's like zero chance we don't qualify. The big two will pose good challenges but, frankly, we're the best team in CONCACAF. AND we get that extra playoff, which the zone didn't have last time 'round. We're so there (hope we don't fall apart on my account now).