World Cup 2006

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Did anyone else put in for the "lottery" by FIFA for World Cup tickets? I did unfortunately I was not selected :( I guess the United States were third in total tickets requests behind Germany and Great Britain. That has to show that soccer in the US is getting a huge following. I was really hoping I'd get a chance to go and see the opening round U.S. games but no such luck.

2010 is out of the question as I have no desire to travel to South Africa. Myabe I will wait and see where the next World Youth Champinships are being played...this year its in the Netherlands. Thats a competition I wouldn't mind attending but it really depends on the venue.

Well now all that money I was saving for Germany next year is going to a European Cruise with my wife (12 nights!). She is probably happy I didn't get selected. It'll be fun but no World Cup...>sigh<

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Yeah, I lost as well, but still plan on going to the game anyway. I might not get in, but I think that the area will be pounding anyway.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
veron said:
You can feel the world-cup atmosphere there. Although I've no ticket, I will probably be there next year.

No kidding! I drove along the French Riviera in early May 1998 with a friend of mine, and every stop we made, you could actually FEEL the energy. And of course, the adverts along the highway were thick as fog.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
i think i will get over for a game (a few of my mates are in the official supporters club) i think that i will be top drawer!! although i think it might kick off a bit over there (fighting that is)

i went over to belguim for the Euros a few years back and it was just fantastic - i went to a couple of games, but the best being England v Germany in Charleroi (sp) - we won one nil (shearer scoring - just for you stout)
You must be registered for see images attach

and its was just nuts - the best game ihave been to. International tourement football is unbeatable!!

getting chased through Charleroi and Brussels that night by a the police (and a few germans and turks thrown in for good measure) was not so fun!!

might not be as bad this time but i doubt it :trout:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
English on tour said:
i went over to belguim for the Euros a few years back and it was just fantastic - i went to a couple of games, but the best being England v Germany in Charleroi (sp) - we won one nil (Shearer scoring - just for you stout)

Gee, thanks! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison