Word on the Street

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Far be it for me to predict, but…I sense a change in Cardinal priorities to focus more on blue-collar/leadership traits/track record and less on pure athleticism.

This is showing up in FA personnel pickups before it has in our Draft picks, but I do sense a trend.

Bottom line- We could be basing our Cardinals Draft forecasts on misplaced criteria.
Nah, no way anybody on here would use misplaced criteria especially when rumors, innuendo, and just plain BS work just fine

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What exactly is the diet on Pickens. I mean it seems despite his talent he’s considered a MAJOR risk. Just what kind of head case are talking?

I don't know about attitude but apparently some teams really don't like the meds on his knee. Good player so something must be scaring teams

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think injuries are what are scaring people. But you never know...maybe he hasn't interviewed well.
I heard on the Ringer NFL Podcast that he didn't have good interviews, he was suspended for half a game for breaking team rules, then came back in the second half and punched an opponent. He was suspended for the next game.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I think injuries are what are scaring people. But you never know...maybe he hasn't interviewed well.
The big concern surrounds emotional maturity. Issues about how well he takes criticism and some life choices. This is not dramatically uncommon and some good players have grown out of similar concerns. Some don’t like former Cards’ first round pick, Wendell Bryant.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I heard on the Ringer NFL Podcast that he didn't have good interviews, he was suspended for half a game for breaking team rules, then came back in the second half and punched an opponent. He was suspended for the next game.
No wonder @DVontel loves him.
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

He wants someone finally nasty on the team.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The big concern surrounds emotional maturity. Issues about how well he takes criticism and some life choices. This is not dramatically uncommon and some good players have grown out of similar concerns. Some don’t like former Cards’ first round pick, Wendell Bryant.
Bryant was using drugs. That was his actual issue.

OP
OP
Harry

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
I know this one quite well. The first warning sign was when he informed the Cards his mother would be involved in negotiating his contract. She had previously driven the Wisconsin coaching staff nuts. I’d warned of this possibility long before this selection was made. When picked I warned this would be a disaster. After he was chosen his mom actually spent time in Arizona, mostly being a huge distraction. He was very immature and got down on himself very easily. He was never tough enough for the NFL, which is why he never helped any team. As to drugs, I know he failed tests but even after he got clean, he was simply never mentally strong enough to play in the NFL.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I think you'd be shocked at the number of NFL players who are using drugs if you think that was his actual issue.

I think, like with Nkeimdiche and a few other failed Cards picks of the past, he just didn't love football very much. Pro sports has a way of turning people cynical, and if you don't have a healthy dose of love for the game at the beginning, you're gonna opt out (one way or another).

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think you'd be shocked at the number of NFL players who are using drugs if you think that was his actual issue.

I think, like with Nkeimdiche and a few other failed Cards picks of the past, he just didn't love football very much. Pro sports has a way of turning people cynical, and if you don't have a healthy dose of love for the game at the beginning, you're gonna opt out (one way or another).
Oh I don't doubt that probably half the NFL is.

I knew a guy who partied with Bryant, Zach Walz, and a few other players. The Cardinals had this young group of players at the time that would hang out and use molly all of the time. That's not a lifestyle that high end athletes can pull off because of the recovery time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard