Wonder Woman

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good news: Warner Bros. has picked up a script from script from newcomers Matthew Jennison and Brent Strickland.

Bad News: Joss Whedon has announced (by way of his blog) that he will no longer be writing and directing the Wonder Woman movie at Warner Bros.
That sucks.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There goes any interest in the film for me. This movie as it was would be really difficult to pull off without it being ultimate CAMP. If anybody had a shot at pulling this off I though it would be Joss.

Now with him out, I just have no desire to see this film any longer. Period.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
There goes any interest in the film for me. This movie as it was would be really difficult to pull off without it being ultimate CAMP. If anybody had a shot at pulling this off I though it would be Joss.

Now with him out, I just have no desire to see this film any longer. Period.

LOL

Joss Whedon has 3 TV shows and 1 movie (directly related to one of the TV shows) on his directing resume, and you give him that much credit?? I like the guy, but just because he isn't doing Wonder Woman doesn't mean all that much. It's not like he's done the last 100 superhero movies.

Joss isn't even a "camp" director--Sam Raimi fits that description much more.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LOL

Joss Whedon has 3 TV shows and 1 movie (directly related to one of the TV shows) on his directing resume, and you give him that much credit?? I like the guy, but just because he isn't doing Wonder Woman doesn't mean all that much. It's not like he's done the last 100 superhero movies.

Joss isn't even a "camp" director--Sam Raimi fits that description much more.

Huh? :confused:

I was commenting more on his skills as a script writer then director. The guy has more then enough credentials to give him that much credit. Not to mention that he has had several uncredited script rewrites. So considering his writing resume which for me is the meat of the movie, I can say yes that it will have that much of an impact for me.

Also, he may have only directed one film but he has directed enough TV that he is more competant then alot of hollywood hacks. He still might be unproven in film but this would have been a great opportunity. Also, since when is ONLY 3 TV shows and 1 film not an accomplishment in terms of directing?!?!?

Who said he did the last 100 superhero movies? I was simply making the point that out of all the Hero movies lately, this is going to be very difficult to avoid the CAMP factor. I also never said he was a CAMP director or writer. I was saying that he could do a good job of avoiding the campiness that has plagued some Hero films.

To me I never thought WW would translate to film as easily as some other characters. In fact, when I heard about it, I didn't think it had much of a chance. Later when Whedon was attached that's when I had some faith in the project. Now I don't.

Last edited:

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another story on Weadon leaving "WW". I wonder if the script will find its way to the Internets, like Kevin Smith's "Superman".
imdb.com said:
Buffy The Vampire Slayer creator Joss Whedon has quit as writer and director of the forthcoming Wonder Woman movie over "creative differences." Whedon signed up to adapt the popular comic book and 1970s TV show for the big screen in May, but has severed ties with the project after failing to agree to a script with the film's producers. He writes on his website, "You (hopefully) heard it here first: I'm no longer slated to make Wonder Woman...I had a take on the film that, well, nobody liked. Let me stress first that everybody at the studio and Silver Pictures were cool and professional. We just saw different movies, and at the price range this kind of movie hangs in, that's never gonna work. It happens all the time. I don't think any of us expected it to this time, but it did."

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here is another story on Weadon leaving "WW". I wonder if the script will find its way to the Internets, like Kevin Smith's "Superman".
You're doing that on purpose, now....

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 Questions:

1. Didn't Kevin Smith's superman script suck out loud?
2. Is Charisma going to get the role? If so, I'll watch. If not, I won't even watch it on HBO.

3. For linda only, why are you so in love with Josh Weiden?

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 Questions:

2. Is Charisma going to get the role? If so, I'll watch. If not, I won't even watch it on HBO.

you bitch.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 Questions:

1. I read about 60% of it and thought it sounded cool. It had a real comicbook feel to it.

2. Word.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
3. For linda only, why are you so in love with Josh Whedon?

Because I am a HUGE btvs/angel fan. Since you asked...:p

I think CC could play the role very well. I hope she looks better than she did in her final episode of Angel, though. darn pregnancies...

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Because I am a HUGE btvs/angel fan. Since you asked...:p

I think CC could play the role very well. I hope she looks better than she did in her final episode of Angel, though. darn pregnancies...

She looked good in Playboy. :shrug:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I preferred "you bitch" as a response, I have to be honest. Couldn't have asked for better.

Have you seen Firefly?
:)

No, but I really want to. Need to find someone that will let me borrow it.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If I ever slog through the other shows on DVD I am watching, I plan to watch Firefly. abomb says he will give me $100 if I don't like it. Probably towards the summer, though, when stuff like Heroes and Lost and 24 and Friday Night Lights and Office and Earl and Horsewives and Rome and Ugly Betty are all off the air. Damn, that's a lot of TV.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2 Questions:

1. Yes. Smith is WAAAAAYYYY overrated...especially by most comic book fanboys.
2. That'd be cool. I'll prolly rent no matter who's cast.

3. It's "Weedon," moron.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

3. It's "Weedon," moron.

You sure it isn't Wheeden?

I thought I heard that about the KS superman, that it was AWFUL.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Firefly is one of the best shows ever made, IMO. Right up there with Magnum PI (seriously, I love Magnum)

This is a puzzling post that puts me in a perplexed position. Perhaps I will plan to peruse it later.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

3. It's "Weedon," moron.

You sure it isn't Wheeden?

I thought I heard that about the KS superman, that it was AWFUL.

Idiot. It's Wheatdon. He was also the kid on Star Trek: TNG.

I swear to God, I hate you all.

BIM...save me!!

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Idiot. It's Wheatdon. He was also the kid on Star Trek: TNG.

Oh yeah. Joshua William Wheaton. How could I forget. He was good on that show. Really weird how he played an android so realistically.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson