Wk 9-Seattle Seahawks @ Arizona Cardinals pregame thread. 10/31/22-11/5/22

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
How are we even favored by 1.5? Yes I know we are at home but the past "3 points advantage at home is gone", especially for the Cards. I never bet against the Cards but this is tempting. (not doing it)

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Which around the ballparks for all other O line related stats which come in between 8th and 11th.

The O line isn't a problem. Some fans just have this weird idea that is your QB ever gets sacked your O line sucks. The Texans sacked Hurts 4 times last night and they have one of the best O lines in the league and the Texans have a mediocre pass rush.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which around the ballparks for all other O line related stats which come in between 8th and 11th.

The O line isn't a problem. Some fans just have this weird idea that is your QB ever gets sacked your O line sucks. The Texans sacked Hurts 4 times last night and they have one of the best O lines in the league and the Texans have a mediocre pass rush.
Serious question. How/why did the above happen?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Serious question. How/why did the above happen?

Why did the Texans get 4 sacks?

Because the other teams are professionals too and players make mistakes or oppositions players cause mistakes.

There will always be sacks no matter how good your O line is. Teams are often having 70 offensive snaps a game and 35-40 pass plays. No O line is going to be perfect on that many plays.

Cards are 2.5 but we lead the league in offensive plays and 2nd most passing plays. So while we are average per game on a per drop back basis we are top 10.

That's not to say this is a top 10 O line, and it's worse without Pugh and Hudson, but overall so far it's been above average and is certainly no excuse for the bad QB play.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I have no idea who's the guy who sits and watches every snap, and times every snap, for every QB (yeah, they could be throwing crap at the wall, and nobody would know because who is going to do that observation), or what they consider 'being in the pocket' from being comfortable to running to and fro because you have defensive guys all over you. Tell you what my eyes see, an interior OL which for the most part crumbles and a right side where Beachum is slipping. I do not agree with that PFF stat one bit and our QB does not have enough time back there to throw

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I have no idea who's the guy who sits and watches every snap, and times every snap, for every QB (yeah, they could be throwing crap at the wall, and nobody would know because who is going to do that observation), or what they consider 'being in the pocket' from being comfortable to running to and fro because you have defensive guys all over you. Tell you what my eyes see, an interior OL which for the most part crumbles and a right side where Beachum is slipping. I do not agree with that PFF stat one bit and our QB does not have enough time back there to throw
It's not just PFF...Its NFL Next Gen Stats and ESPNs advanced metrics which uses actually measuring tools to come up with the numbers.

I think I trust a real scientific measuring tools over the eyes of a fan any day.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Fans never want to admit their QB sucks. It's like admitting your Mom sucks. There's so much invested in them not sucking that we find excuses for them when they do.

O lines are just easy targets. Everyone thinks their QB would be better if they O line just gave them 4 seconds to throw the ball.

I'm watching the same games, often twice with the All 22, and I see an O line thats been just fine. In my opinion better than any O line Kyler has ever played under in his 4 years.

Granted, it's worse with Price and Ford playing but that's a recent development. He had 5-6 games of very solid O line play. At the same time through those first 8 games last year we had Josh Jones, Sean Harlow and max Garcia playing a bunch. So it's really no excuse for the bad play.

And yes, I'm going to keep on Kyler's back because he is without doubt the biggest factor in ruining this season. He's been worse than he was as a rookie. In a year where the division sucks and the NFC sucks we should be making the playoffs and instead were watching a guy that demanded top 3 money throw the worst YPA of any starting QB in the league and his longest completion is the shortest in the league. Even Brett Rypien beats him by 7 yards and he's only played 1 game.

I thought his off season behavior was a low point. Yet his on field play has somehow beat it.

I'd feel better about it if he admitted it rather than it being "The offense" and something "WE are working on". If he just said "I'm not playing well enough, I need to be better" I'd have more respect for him.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
It's not just PFF...Its NFL Next Gen Stats and ESPNs advanced metrics which uses actually measuring tools to come up with the numbers.

I think I trust a real scientific measuring tools over the eyes of a fan any day.
Then go for it, football is not rocket science while observing your QB being under constant duress. Maybe he should just get sacked without all that moving in the pocket so the grade equates the reality for the stats

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose