Wk 12-Los Angeles Chargers @ Arizona Cardinals PreGame thread. 11/22/22-11/26/22

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand the slow playing Hollywood's return.

He was flying in practice on day one he returned and that was over a week ago.

This team are handling players like they are preserving them for the playoffs when the team desperately needs wins.

Screw "snap counts", let him go.
Lol

This team thinking of playoffs

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Crazy stats going into this game:

Murray missed the last 2 games and barely ran in 2 or 3 games earlier in the year, yet he leads the team in rushing with 359 yards on 59 carries.

Even more amazing is that DHop leads the team in receiving with 487 yards on 45 receptions, after missing 6 games.

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Murray missed the last 2 games and barely ran in 2 or 3 games earlier in the year, yet he leads the team in rushing with 359 yards on 59 carries.

Even more amazing is that DHop leads the team in receiving with 487 yards on 45 receptions, after missing 6 games.
In other words, we have a dearth of talented playmakers or our coach doesn’t ascribe to the “next man up” concept.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
I'm glad Kyler is back. There's nothing I want more than for him to turn it around. I hope he's been listening to the criticism from all quarters and will turn a corner. We can't know that until he plays.

He's the QB for at least 3 more years, like it or not.
Even Cards fans that aren’t high on Kyler should be thinking that way because he’s here for the next three years regardless of what happens down the stretch.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

Here is another stat that Max Starks quotes on the Wolf & Luke show. When the Cardinals rush the ball thirty times minus Kyler Murray, they are 17 and 1... THESMEL would love this lol

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Here is another stat that Max Starks quotes on the Wolf & Luke show. When the Cardinals rush the ball thirty times minus Kyler Murray, they are 17 and 1... THESMEL would love this lol
That's because we only rush that much when we are sitting on a massive lead and trying to kill the clock in the 4th quarter.

Mike McCarthy actually noticed a similar stat during his time with the Packers and was quoted about making an effort to run the ball X amount of times to fit the stat. Packers fans love mocking him for that.

Last edited:

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's because we only rush that much when we are sitting on a massive lead and trying to kill the clock in the 4th quarter.

Mike McCarthy actually noticed a similar stat during his time with the Packers and was quoted about making an effort to run the ball X amount of times to fit the stat. Packers fans love mocking him for that.
Yeah that stat has always bugged me.

The causation of a win isn't running 30 times. Winning causes running of 30 attempts to protect the lead and kill the clock.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah that stat has always bugged me.

The causation of a win isn't running 30 times. Winning causes running of 30 attempts to protect the lead and kill the clock.

I do think the Kyler running it 10 times stat holds more weight as we don't tend to run him more to grind the clock down.

Kliff needs to pull out the designed runs more and also Kyler needs to be more aware of opportunities to run it. I've seen a few times this season where he could have had big runs to one side or another but was oblivious.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Technically there are 6 teams right now who are above the Cardinals The Seahawks currently hold the last spot (7th position), the Commanders, Packers, Lions, Saints and Falcons are all ahead of the Cardinals.

Four of the six remaining teams on the Cardinal's schedule are presently either holding a playoff spot, (Bucs 4th.) or are in the thick of things, Patriots are 8th, Chargers are 9th and Falcons are 9th. so none of these teams are going to be pushovers and will be pulling out all stops in games to claw their way into the number seven position or better. The Falcons still have a very legitimate shot at their division and the Bucs will be trying to hold them off since they are only separated by a 1/2 game right now.

The Cardinals, in the meantime basically need to 5 of their last 6 games just to get to nine wins to have any shot at a playoff spot and it may still not be enough.

Even the Broncs game will have it's difficulties when you consider that Russell Wilson is the QB. Which team does Wilson have more career wins against than any other team, one guess, if you said the Cardinals you would have the correct answer. He has beaten the Cardinals 11 times, more than any other team he has played against.

The road to the playoffs for the Cardinals is long and full of all types of roadblocks along the way. Does anyone see this team overcoming the challenges that are ahead of them?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose