Without a Paddle

Bob Chebat

The Silencer!
Reaction score
My wife and I went to see this yesterday and I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. While the movie itself was pretty stupid, as it should be, Matthew Lillard, Seth Green and Dax Shepard made a hilarious trio. Shepard was the smart-ass underachiever of the group and played it perfectly.

Burt Reynolds was also pretty funny as a guy who lived in the mountains for 30 years and helped rescue the boys from the killer pot farmers that were chasing them throughout the movie.

This is a comedy with some good lines and laughs. Matthew Lillard is really coming into his own as a comedic actor. His portrayal of Shaggy in the Scooby Doo movies is right on. :thumbup:

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I just watched it. Dax Shepard and Matthew Lillard were really funny. Seth Green always tends to annoy me a little bit for some reason. I thought it was a decent movie filled with plenty of laughs. They ran into some interesting characters along their journey.

I thought this was interesting:

The character of "D.B. Cooper" is based on an actual person, who in 1971, after hijacking an airliner, extorted $200,000 from its owner, Northwest Orient, and leaped off the airborne plane with 21 pounds of $20 bills strapped to his body. He was never caught.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
You've never heard of DB Cooper?

I'd recommend a book on him, but a movie might be more up your alley. I think Treat Williams played in him in a movie a couple decades ago.

EDIT: Here's the movie from 1981: http://imdb.com/title/tt0082958/

It does sound a little familiar, after reading about it on Wiki. I'll check out that movie.

EDIT: Bummer, it's not out on DVD. I requested the book from the library though.

Last edited: