Winter's Bone

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Winter's Bone

Release Date: June 11, 2010 (NY, LA; expands: June 18)
Studio: Roadside Attractions
Director: Debra Granik
Screenwriter: Debra Granik, Anne Rosellini
Genre: Drama
MPAA Rating: R (for some drug material, language and violent content)
Official Website: N/A

Starring: Jennifer Lawrence, John Hawkes, Lauren Sweetser, Kevin Breznaha, Isaiah Stone, Shelley Waggener, Ashlee Thompson, William White, Casey MacLaren

Plot Summary: 17 year-old Ree Dolly (Jennifer Lawrence) sets out to track down her father, who put their house up for his bail bond and then disappeared. If she fails, Ree and her family will be turned out into the Ozark woods. Challenging her outlaw kin's code of silence and risking her life, Ree hacks through the lies, evasions and threats offered up by her relatives and begins to piece together the truth.

You must be registered for see images attach

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I kept thinking of Frozen River when watching this. Both of these movies paint a very bleak picture in a similar setting, and both feature some great acting, but overall I liked the story in Frozen River better.

Still, it's a good movie definitely worth seeing once.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I liked Frozen River more also. I liked Winter's Bone quite a bit, but I think it is getting more accolades than it deserves. Jennifer Lawrence is great though.

Bada0Bing

Don't Stop Believin'
Reaction score
I liked Frozen River more also. I liked Winter's Bone quite a bit, but I think it is getting more accolades than it deserves. Jennifer Lawrence is great though.

Yep. Solid film, but not spectacular. Having grown up in small Oregon towns, it's easy for me to relate to small town settings like this.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn