Williams 'Running and Cutting'

AsUpRoDiGy

Magnanimous
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...unning-and-cutting?module=HP11_headline_stack

"Coach (John) Lott always puts a bug in my ear," Williams said. "He keeps it honest too. He said, 'If you don't take this opportunity and take it full throttle, I promise next year we are going to (draft) a running back. If you do, we won't see another running back for a couple years. It's up to you.'

Nice to see Williams coming back from his injury. Hopefully he will be healthy, and stay healthy, for the start of the season :)

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Good for him. I hope he comes back as a difference maker for this team.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I like it. I like the fact Lott tells it like it is (but I seriously doubt any team can make the promise that they will not draft a RB at some point in a draft LOL). I like the fact that Williams has manned up and rehabbing like a pro should. Wishing this kid the best, he had some huge potential coming in last year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Ryan Williams will never be great for the Cardinals. Because he was a 2nd round pick. If they'd taken him in ANY other round he'd turn out fine.

I just wish the Cards would listen to me about things that involve tradition. :bang:

J.J. Arrington
Leland McElroy
Chuck Levy
Anthony Thompson
Tony Jeffery
Theotis Brown
George Franklin

First round RBs? Ollie Matson, John David Crow, McArthur Lane(11 years in the NFL), OJ Anderson, Garrison Hearst,Thomas Jones, Beanie Wells and Joe Childress (played 9 seasons for the Cards)

Only Larry Stegent didn't work out.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good to hear that he is cutting and its only May. Has almost another 3 months to rehab before TC and contact.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ryan Williams will never be great for the Cardinals. Because he was a 2nd round pick. If they'd taken him in ANY other round he'd turn out fine.

I just wish the Cards would listen to me about things that involve tradition. :bang:

J.J. Arrington
Leland McElroy
Chuck Levy
Anthony Thompson
Tony Jeffery
Theotis Brown
George Franklin

First round RBs? Ollie Matson, John David Crow, McArthur Lane(11 years in the NFL), OJ Anderson, Garrison Hearst,Thomas Jones, Beanie Wells and Joe Childress (played 9 seasons for the Cards)

Only Larry Stegent didn't work out.
Johnny Roland was a pretty good pick. McArthur Lane was OK though he wound up I think in GB. And let's talk fullbacks - Cyd Edwards and Willis Crenshaw and Jim Otis.

Last edited:

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
Rwill is ahead of schedule, as long as he doesn't cause a set back, cutting on it to early, Still the first year back is never "right" He needs time to gain confidence and develop.

I still think The Bean is a 400 carry 2000 yard back, He will be healthy this year, all year.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I hope he comes back and kills it. I like the kid, real excited for what he can bring.

However Im not holding my breath. He probably wont get many touches this season. Next year (if hes healthy this entire season) will be his real breakout year. This year I think will be more of a ease-in type role. Both to see how he fits and make sure hes healthy.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Rwill is ahead of schedule, as long as he doesn't cause a set back, cutting on it to early, Still the first year back is never "right" He needs time to gain confidence and develop.

I still think The Bean is a 400 carry 2000 yard back, He will be healthy this year, all year.
lmao. He has a hard time staying healthy for 20 minutes

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Johnny Roland was a pretty good pick. McArthur Lane was OK though he wound up I think in GB. And let's talk fullbacks - Cyd Edwards and Willis Crenshaw and Jim Otis.

So was Stump Mithchell but neither he nor Roland were selected in the first or second round. Roland was a 4th and Mitchell a 9th at pick #226. We also got Vai Sikahema in the 10th round. The only pick from that draft that worked out. Wayne Morris, Terry Metcalf, Johnny Johnson all good RBs for us. But not one RB taken in the 2nd round of the draft ever produced for us.

Goofiest running back selection of all time. John Walker of Texas. He was a third string running back for the Longhorns!

Worst pick of a RB ever was our 4th round pick in the 1985 draft. :p

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So was Stump Mithchell but neither he nor Roland were selected in the first or second round. Roland was a 4th and Mitchell a 9th at pick #226. We also got Vai Sikahema in the 10th round. The only pick from that draft that worked out. Wayne Morris, Terry Metcalf, Johnny Johnson all good RBs for us. But not one RB taken in the 2nd round of the draft ever produced for us.

Goofiest running back selection of all time. John Walker of Texas. He was a third string running back for the Longhorns!

Worst pick of a RB ever was our 4th round pick in the 1985 draft. :p
Wasn't Roland the underdrafted product of one of those weird AFC vs. NFL p*ssing contests where we lost out to the NY Titans after we drafted Joe Willie Namath and Carl McAdams? (I also recollect that he may have been drafted as a 2-way DB/RB prospect).

Last edited:

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Are you also planning on attending Wells's funeral at the end of the year? Because that workload may kill him. I'm the biggest Wells fan around and that is beyond extreme. Let's take 230 carries, 1100 yards, 12 TD's and be very happy.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score

Jim Ottis would sure get you 3 yds down at the goal line when you needed it. One tough guy.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson