Will the Red Sox follow the Diamondbacks

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Grady Little is out as the Red Sox manager and former Red Sox player Jery Remy is being mentioned as the next coach. Remy has been in the Boston TV booth announcing the games for NESN. I think it would be so ironic if Torre gets fired and him and Zimmer get hired by the Red Sox. That would be classic.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What in the world does this have to do with the DBacks and how would BOS be following them?

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phill11
Announcers becoming Managers then winning the World Series:rolleyes:

Hey Phill11, I know what you mean.:D

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by Phill11
Announcers becoming Managers then winning the World Series:rolleyes:

Well BOS hasn't won a WS yet, but wouldn't they also be following the NYY? As far as announcers becoming managers, how about Larry Deirker, Buck Martinez, et al?

Seems silly and a bit near-sighted to think the DBacks started some trend.

:rolleyes: back 'atcha.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Originally posted by DWKB
Seems silly and a bit near-sighted to think the DBacks started some trend.

:rolleyes: back 'atcha.

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Just as silly as you ever admitting you are wrong about SOMETHING

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You show me where I am wrong Ryan. Go on....show me and then we'll talk.

You know why I don't hardly ever admit I'm wrong? It's not because I have all the answers. I don't.

It's because when I don't have the answers I don't pretend like I do and I add qualifiers when I'm not sure about things. See, the key to not having to admit you're wrong is not talking out of your ass all the time. But Ryan, it takes time to learn not to do that so I don't expect you to switch overnight.

But we all can't have seen all those Mike Schmidt SAC bunts in our lifetime can we? :p

Last edited:

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You're the one spouting off others opinions and theories....do you have an original idea of your own? You come here and piss everybody off with your tricky word twistings and annoying demeaning tactics. Trust me, I am not even close to being alone in this opinion

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
You show me where I am wrong Ryan. Go on....show me and then we'll talk.

Fine, read the original post again. Zona90 asked (could this be HYPOTHETICAL?) would the Red Sox follow in the footsteps of the Diamondbacks. In 2001 rookie manager Bob Brenly wins the world series after coming down from the broadcast booth.

You add Buck Martinez and Larry Deirker to the converstation which would be irrelevant because they did not win the World Series their first year out of the booth. In true King-dud fashion you twist around the words to your liking and post your typical condecending remark.

You misunderstood and were wrong, you were lucky that I am here to explain these things to you. Please show me another instance of a rookie manager, who was also the former analyst for the team he is taking over, winning the World Series his first year.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hey Ryan, all my posts on this thread were questions.

The only statement I made was an opinion, seems silly [to me] to think the DBacks started a trend.

The NYY hired an announcer named Joe Torre in 1996 (of course he had managed before).

I also asked what about managers who hadn't won WS but had come from announcing background (since the Sox hadn't won yet).

So I still fail to see where I was wrong.

Summary of our conversation:

"Is the sky green?"

"No you're wrong, everyone knows the sky is blue! Admit you're wrong!!"

schillingfan

All Star
Reaction score
See DWKB, this just proves my argument with you elsewhere. Your tactic is always to question when anyone else makes a statement and to challenge. It seems like you are trying to make the other person look foolish. It's a lot harder to actually come up with your own position than it is to question what other people say. Among other things it's challenging and condescending. Why don't you simply say "I don't agree and here's my reason's why"? Instead you put the other person on the spot, which is not a good way to make friends and influence people.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort