Will Rachel Nichols be covering the NBA Finals?

Status
Not open for further replies.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Even before this I wasn't a fan of Nichols. I find her annoying, the only one I dislike more is Molly Quiram Rose who I consider the Meghan McCain on ESPN sports broadcasters. No, I am not a hater of women broadcasters, just these two. I like Elle Duncan and Doris Burke as they are entertaining and know what they are talking about.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
She’s getting fat is all I can say. Other than that I don’t really care.

if there’s one thing I would like HubBert Brown calling the games along with Eddie. That would make my day listening to an nba game.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
She’s getting fat is all I can say. Other than that I don’t really care.

if there’s one thing I would like HubBert Brown calling the games along with Eddie. That would make my day listening to an nba game.
I noticed her weight gain...but I didn't want to objectify a woman like that...

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
She’s really not good at her job at all. It’s like she doesn’t even watch basketball anymore.

this whole situation has turned into a giant mess because of her, but ESPN let it get out of hand by catering to her even though it was against what pretty much all the other talent wanted.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
She's always come across as fake for as long as I can remember. She doesn't seem to be a real knowledgeable when it comes to the NBA, which isn't surprising since most of the big ESPN personalities aren't but she's just barely below the Skip Bayless' and Stephen A Smith's of the sports "reporting" world.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
The jump is not a good show.

who is her mother in law again? Barbara Walters if I’m not mistaken.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Neither of the sideline reporters that I've seen in the playoffs, Chris Haynes and Rachel Nichols, are any good, so no big loss for me.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Between Jalen Rose/Jay Williams racebaiting and Rachel Nichols crapping on co-workers behind their back it’s been a rough couple of weeks for the worldwide leader. Rachel Nichols has an inflated view of herself and is easily replaceable. NBA Countdown and The Jump are terrible shows as well as the First Take/Get Up morning shows being generic unwatchable crap. I basically grew up on ESPN but it’s a shame what crap it’s turned into with the exception of the live sports.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Between Jalen Rose/Jay Williams racebaiting and Rachel Nichols crapping on co-workers behind their back it’s been a rough couple of weeks for the worldwide leader. Rachel Nichols has an inflated view of herself and is easily replaceable. NBA Countdown and The Jump are terrible shows as well as the First Take/Get Up morning shows being generic unwatchable crap. I basically grew up on ESPN but it’s a shame what crap it’s turned into with the exception of the live sports.

I don’t feel Rose or J-Will are race baiting this fell into there lap are they not supposed to address it.

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole story was leaked now because Maria Taylor is trying to negotiate a large salary for her next contract.

this story is out in the public for a reason, as are most news stories. To manipulate public opinion For someone’s gain.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think I’d be happy with anything as long as Richard Jefferson is moved off air. The guy is unwatchable and my ears bleed when I have to listen to him.

I’d even take Bill Walton calling games over him.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The whole story was leaked now because Maria Taylor is trying to negotiate a large salary for her next contract.

this story is out in the public for a reason, as are most news stories. To manipulate public opinion For someone’s gain.

so Maria Taylor is the problem and she leaked the story lol. Oh god.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
so Maria Taylor is the problem and she leaked the story lol. Oh god.
Regardless, Nichols said what she said. Dirty pool by Taylor but she isn't making baseless allegations against Nichols, this going public is just the price of Nichol's mistake. She's lucky to still have her job, with today's cancel culture, there have been many media personalities who have been fired for making comments based on racial and ****** ignorance.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regardless, Nichols said what she said. Dirty pool by Taylor but she isn't making baseless allegations against Nichols, this going public is just the price of Nichol's mistake. She's lucky to still have her job, with today's cancel culture, there have been many media personalities who have been fired for making comments based on racial and ****** ignorance.

this isn’t cancel culture or ignorance.
This is what we deal with. The smile in your face but hold you down in the board room meeting when you ain’t there type. That’s the real problem here. That’s the real racism.

she showed her true feeling when she thought there was nothing but white people around. When someone shows you who they are believe them.

there is only one person to have a issue with here and that’s Rachel Nichols.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
this isn’t cancel culture or ignorance.
This is what we deal with. The smile in your face but hold you down in the board room meeting when you ain’t there type. That’s the real problem here. That’s the real racism.

she showed her true feeling when she thought there was nothing but white people around. When someone shows you who they are believe them.

there is only one person to have a issue with here and that’s Rachel Nichols.
What I meant is networks usually move on from people who slip up like this.
Nick Cannon quit AGT for his anti-Semetic comments after facing termination.
Gina Carano got fired from Mandalorian for her comments about Jews and **** Germany.
Mario Lopez got fired from Extra for his comments on gender identity and ****** orientation of children.
Hell, Britt McHenry was fired by ESPN for her comments similar to Nichols, claiming she was let go because she was "white" and made "too much".

Cancel culture is networks reaction to court of public opinion to where people don't tolerate or accept people (television and radio personalities) who make their controversial opinions public. Nichols should be grateful ESPN did not force her to resign.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What I meant is networks usually move on from people who slip up like this.
Nick Cannon quit AGT for his anti-Semetic comments after facing termination.
Gina Carano got fired from Mandalorian for her comments about Jews and **** Germany.
Mario Lopez got fired from Extra for his comments on gender identity and ****** orientation of children.
Hell, Britt McHenry was fired by ESPN for her comments similar to Nichols, claiming she was let go because she was "white" and made "too much".

Cancel culture is networks reaction to court of public opinion to where people don't tolerate or accept people (television and radio personalities) who make their controversial opinions public. Nichols should be grateful ESPN did not force her to resign.

like I said that’s not “cancel culture” since when have you ever been able to work as a personality on mainstream TV and say dumb stuff especially when it comes to race. Jimmy The Greek was back in the 80s. Networks and companies want to play it right down the middle.
This isn’t new

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Having heard what she said, I don't think she'll be fired but who knows. I can't say I blame her. I think people are trying to make this worse than it is. I say that as someone who was hoping she'd be let go also. I'm not a fan of hers at all.

She said she's fine with Taylor and diversity but she's not willing to give up her own spot so ESPN can appear more diverse. She didn't say Taylor didn't deserve the job she has, she just wasn't willing to give up her job for her.

Who here is willing to sacrifice their own job, in which they worked hard for, for the sake of their company being more diverse? You can be an ally without being forced to take a step back professionally.

This is an ugly can of worms.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
Yes, what a mess. Also, TV favors the pretty. For both women and men. But it is worse for women because as they age, they face more and more discrimination on TV. This is much less an issue for men. I'm not saying that's good but that's the reality of it. Maria Taylor looks like a model while Nichols is frumpy. I'm sure that contributes to ABC/ESPN wanting Taylor to be the front woman. Not necessarily because of race but who knows. Even if it is for diversity, I don't have a problem with it. People of color have been held down for so long in our country.

At some point in the future, hopefully we get to where everybody gets their jobs based on merit alone. Not because of the color of their skin. But unconscious bias is a tough nut to crack.

Here's another thing to consider, after enough years of evolution pass, maybe we all end up with the same color of skin and these issues go away. :)

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
like I said that’s not “cancel culture” since when have you ever been able to work as a personality on mainstream TV and say dumb stuff especially when it comes to race. Jimmy The Greek was back in the 80s. Networks and companies want to play it right down the middle.
This isn’t new
You must be registered for see images attach

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Let me enlighten you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson