Will Cards beat the Vikings?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm very worried about the game. It reminds me of our third game last year against Detroit. We were 2-0 with a road win against SF and the home opener against Washington. The game was at home and I was very confident, but we lost a game that I was sure we'd win. And that's why I'm worried. That and the fact that MN is 0-1.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
on a vikings forum their game thread title is "Vikings vs Cardinals support group" so I think they are expecting to get smacked.

what a weird position to be in for a Cardinals fan but it truly feels like we smack them. Vikings team didnt break 75 yards rushing vs the Bengals

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Season opener, on the road against a powerful team, east coast early game?
In years past that was an automatic huge L for us.

This team seems like it has some dog in it. I think they smakk the Vikes. Remember when we were all kinds of pissy that we didn't get Kirk Cousins to sign here. Couldn't be happier now.

OP
OP
tnmike

tnmike

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

This team seems like it has some dog in it. I think they smakk the Vikes. Remember when we were all kinds of pissy that we didn't get Kirk Cousins to sign here. Couldn't be happier now.
You need more cowbell

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

We need to put the idea to bed that early East coast games put us at a disadvantaged. We probably lost them because we sucked.

The Seahawks are 12-1 in their last 13 East coast trips and they have further to go than the Cards.

TaylorSwift

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Any given Sunday, but if they prepare and execute how they did last Sunday. They will be 2-0 come Monday of next week

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from @AZfaninMN he's from the great white north. I'm pretty sure Vikes fans are not happy.

dscher

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If we play anything like we did against the Titans, we'll be just fine.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Couple of guys were pissed, Solar7 i think, one of them

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Cardinals dodged a bullet there.

I'm happy with the way things have played out. Sure you want the best QB possible, but the Cardinals have been looking for a long term QB answer since Neil Lomax. I always thought that they could have done more, but they finally decided that they were going to address QB at all cost (drafting Rosen and then drafting Murray).

The Vikings took the easy route bringing in the older guy. Usually the older guy is going to have warts if he is available.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I pick us to win, but not with much confidence.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'd like to hear from @AZfaninMN he's from the great white north. I'm pretty sure Vikes fans are not happy.
The talk around town is that the Vikings should start tanking now to land a top pick draft a new QB, Oline, and secondary. Fire their entire coaching staff, scouting team, and general manager. The amount of money locked up in Kirk Cousins, Anthony Barr, and Dalvin Cook(because of position, not talent) has handcuffed the team to not improve an offensive line.

Every member of their offensive line had a penalty against a far less talented pass rush in Cincinnati. Dalvin Cook, Justin Jefferson, and Adam Theilen are all good skill position players, but Kirk Cousins is a statue in the pocket. They lost their 3rd year TE in the preseason to an ACL injury and their backup Conklin is more of a blocker. They’re also on their 5th offensive coordinator in the last 6 years.

Defensively, Danielle Hunter and Mike Pierce are both back after missing last year. They finished with 5 sacks against Nati with good inside and outside pressure. Their linebackers are very athletic with Kendricks and Barr, but Barr has been very disappointing since re-signing a big contract 3 years ago. In the secondary they have Harrison Smith, who even at the age of 32, is a very good safety. He plays in the box and also as the deep safety and can make a play on the ball or take the head off the receiver coming across the middle. Their corners can be exploited though. Mackenzie Alexander in the slot is in his second stint in MN. Breshad Breeland and Patrick Peterson best years are past them.

I didn’t watch any of the game against Cincinnati since the Cardinals were playing the same time, but I believe @Zeno was there and could talk about anything I missed that he saw. I know they’re a run first offense and run play action off that and defensively and they rely heavily on the 4 man rush getting pressure and play coverage behind that.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The talk around town is that the Vikings should start tanking now to land a top pick draft a new QB, Oline, and secondary. Fire their entire coaching staff, scouting team, and general manager.
Sounds like us after a big loss.
They lost their 3rd year TE in the preseason to an ACL injury and their backup Conklin is more of a blocker. They’re also on their 5th offensive coordinator in the last 6 years.
Tight end should be a push with Cards situation. Kingsbury called a good game, imo. It was great seeing a WR screen work with Moore after seeing it fail miserably for years.
Patrick Peterson best years are past them.
Rilly, bruh.. no one here believes that.. lol
I know they’re a run first offense and run play action off that and defensively and they rely heavily on the 4 man rush getting pressure and play coverage behind that.
Sounds like the Titans.

I watched the last few minutes (wife is a huge Joe Burrow fan). It's almost like the Vikes were playing in mud.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like us after a big loss.

Tight end should be a push with Cards situation. Kingsbury called a good game, imo. It was great seeing a WR screen work with Moore after seeing it fail miserably for years.

Rilly, bruh.. no one here believes that.. lol

Sounds like the Titans.

I watched the last few minutes (wife is a huge Joe Burrow fan). It's almost like the Vikes were playing in mud.
Their fans are the same as us. Always expecting the worst outcome possible and surprised when it doesn’t happen. They’re a lot like titans in game plan, but they’re more athletic. The titans were a power run team, whereas the Vikings are a zone run scheme. Defense has some amazing athletes in Barr, Kendricks, and Hunter. I picked the game up right when Cook “fumbled” the game away in OT

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Things to keep in mind. We had 4 months to game plan week one. Can this staff and player execute a game plan installed on Wednesday.

That being said, if we stuff Cook and pressure Cousins we our chances improve greatly.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
What I saw from the Vikings was a team that struggled to establish the run and was struggling until the second quarter to do much of anything with the ball. Once Cousins started hitting the RBs on short passes that seemed to open up the rest of the offense. The OL didn't look particularly good--not sure if the Cincy DLine is that good or what. They were forced to give up the run and pass the entire 4th quarter since they were down 10 so I think looking at the box score probably doesn't paint a good picture. The Bengals seemed the more dangerous team on offense but I think the Vikes had more total yards.

I did watch Peterson a lot because I was interested in seeing how he'd play in a new uniform. He was rarely ever thrown at, it may not have been because his coverage was so good as it was because the other DBs were so BAD, Burrow missed on an early throw where the WR was wide open but other than that he seemed to pass the ball on them with relative ease (although he was sacked 5 times I think), the Bengals running game was pedestrian or maybe it was the result of the Vikings defense, can't say for sure.

The Vikings made a ton of penalties--I think it was 3 or 4 on the first drive and 10-12 overall (I am too lazy to fact check myself)--I think the Bengals were only penalized twice all game by comparison. Nothing about the Vikings seemed special, they don't look like a bad football team but the Cardinals at home should be the favorite.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose