Will Anderson Jr is that rare prospect who checks all the boxes.

Lomax to Green 84

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It is really rare when an organization can select a player who truly checks all the boxes. I would assume a GM and scouting department would evaluate a prospect on the following criteria: production, athletic talent, plays a premium position, football IQ, production against elite competition, character, work ethic, love of the game, ability that translates to the NFL, and durability. Will Anderson Jr might not be a perfect prospect, but he is pretty darn close. Nick Saban recently said of Anderson that he plays like the old school guys with the rabid love of the game. He has a “dog” mentality on every snap.

What a slam dunk 1st selection for Monti and Gannon. Please Cardinals, don’t overthink this selection!!

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It is really rare when an organization can select a player who truly checks all the boxes. I would assume a GM and scouting department would evaluate a prospect on the following criteria: production, athletic talent, plays a premium position, football IQ, production against elite competition, character, work ethic, love of the game, ability that translates to the NFL, and durability. Will Anderson Jr might not be a perfect prospect, but he is pretty darn close. Nick Saban recently said of Anderson that he plays like the old school guys with the rabid love of the game. He has a “dog” mentality on every snap.

What a slam dunk 1st selection for Monti and Gannon. Please Cardinals, don’t overthink this selection!!
I feel the same way.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

I never pay much credence to the ramblings of a college head coach promoting his own players which in turn is to promote his program so he can garner new recruits... but yes, he would be my choice at three or four

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score

Saw a mock draft with Seattle getting Anderson with the 5th

Instant panic attack

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Very athletic
Super productive
High motor
Durable
Great pass rusher and great against the run
No weakness, probably the best pass rusher prospect in the last 15 years

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

They’re not over thinking. They know what he is. They just want 3-4 more players. I hope we trade to 4 & still draft him. But, I wouldn’t be surprised if they trade down more than once & secure more picks.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Very athletic
Super productive
High motor
Durable
Great pass rusher and great against the run
No weakness, probably the best pass rusher prospect in the last 15 years
The same was said about Andre Wadsworth. How did that work out?

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The same was said about Andre Wadsworth. How did that work out?
Wadsworth was a defensive tackle that played defensive end in his senior season, Anderson always played the same position
Missed some games
He was a 24 years old rookie Anderson will be 22 in autumn
Anderson has been super productive for three straight years
Wadsworth got 16 of his 23 total sacks in his last year at Florida state

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m worried HOU takes him at #2. They can always use #12 and other picks to move up and get a QB.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wadsworth was a defensive tackle that played defensive end in his senior season, Anderson always played the same position
Missed some games
He was a 24 years old rookie Anderson will be 22 in autumn
Anderson has been super productive for three straight years
Wadsworth got 16 of his 23 total sacks in his last year at Florida state
As is typical of the Cardinals, they won a meaningless finale that cost us Peyton Manning & we instead settled for Wadsworth, who had knee issues before ever being drafted. Look, I’m a huge Anderson fan, and I hope we can trade down to 4 & still get him. But, it’s becoming more obvious that the Cardinals are looking for multiple picks by moving down.

Red Bird

Veteran
Reaction score
I had a chance to meet Wadsworth in 2010. He was a guest speaker at my church that day. Apparently he became a pastor after his playing career. Really nice guy

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I had a chance to meet Wadsworth in 2010. He was a guest speaker at my church that day. Apparently he became a pastor after his playing career. Really nice guy
I sat with his parents at a Cardinals game at FedEx Field. Very nice people. Cardinals won like 45-42.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m worried HOU takes him at #2. They can always use #12 and other picks to move up and get a QB.
If that happened then either QBs Bryce Young or C.J. Stroud would be available and there would be a run from other teams for the 3rd pick. Cards could get a boatload of draft picks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
As is typical of the Cardinals, they won a meaningless finale that cost us Peyton Manning & we instead settled for Wadsworth, who had knee issues before ever being drafted. Look, I’m a huge Anderson fan, and I hope we can trade down to 4 & still get him. But, it’s becoming more obvious that the Cardinals are looking for multiple picks by moving down.
my guess is they are hoping for multiple trades... to 4, then maybe 7 or 8,.. then again to the early teens... might depend on how the QB's go

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Use that #12 & other picks to do what? Draft Will Levis?

Houston has A LOT of holes to be trading up with anyone.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose