Wilks says he was drawn to Browns because of the QB

OP
OP
P

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
He says it's good to have an Alpha male QB to inspire the team? He's basically saying we have a wuss for a Qb.......

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just said the obvious, a coach fate depend on qb
U cant win a lot if your defense is on the field the 75% of the time
From a statistical standpoint has been the worse offense in the last 20years and u cant blame just the coaches
Last season with rosen+bradford was like the year with max hall+skelton
Even if he is not good as a head coach his failure has been more dramatic cause our atrocius qb situation
I know a fan want be optimistic about rosen and doesnt want to hear other options

Last edited:

mwanamatapa

Veteran
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as we know the Browns was the only coaching opportunity that Wilks got. After a terrible year of coaching I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. Josh will be fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As far as we know the Browns was the only coaching opportunity that Wilks got. After a terrible year of coaching I would take anything he says with a grain of salt. Josh will be fine.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Better off without him adds up to more than fine.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I watched the so called 'wuss' get clubbed and beaten up every game and get up to take more.

The definition of an Alpha.

You evidently missed that.

Yeah, nobody that watched this team last year could question Rosen's toughness. I can see a lot of other things about him that people might question but anyone questioning his toughness wasn't paying attention.

I still say Rosen can't be fairly judged, between the bad OL, bad playcalling, injuries and the fact he was a 21 yr old rookie makes it impossible to tell what we have.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We know what you think, which adds up to not much thinking going on.
Me either i know what u think
We share opinions based on what we watched or feelings towards a player chance of being successful
Sometimes u right sometimes u wrong

Last edited:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
It's worth noting (and I don't have the exact quote), but someone asked Rosen about Wilks towards the end of the season and Rosen didn't defend Wilks, saying something along the lines of, "whatever happens, happens."

Also, shouldn't Wilks, a defensive coordinator now, be drawn to his personnel on defense or his head coach rather than anyone on offense?

Dude...

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From a statistical standpoint has been the worse offense in the last 20years and u cant blame just the coaches
Even if he is not good as a head coach his failure has been more dramatic cause our atrocius qb situation
I know a fan want be optimistic about rosen and doesnt want to hear other options

Give me a break. Wilks was way over his head as a head coach.
He single-handedly screwed over our defense by changing it and misusing our personnel.
He brought in with him a horrible OC who had been fired midway through the previous season by Denver.
McCoy was replaced by Leftwich - who was never really given a shot to do his own thing.
All you need to do is look at our home game vs. Seattle to know where our problems originated.
Rosen and the team were driving down the field on the Seahawks heading toward a sure go ahead TD or chip-shot FG, when our genius coaching staff took the ball out of our QB's hands and ran the ball 3 times (up the middle) to set up a long FG attempt (which was missed).
After the loss, Wilks avoided any of the blame. Said he would have done the same thing if he had it to do over again. Guy was a joke and I am glad he is gone.
Love Kliff's attitude and cannot wait to see our offense ... be offensive (in a good way).

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
When he's fired again after one year I better be seeing articles about how racist the Browns are

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I watched the so called 'wuss' get clubbed and beaten up every game and get up to take more.

The definition of an Alpha.

You evidently missed that.
I would love to see baker Mayfield take the hits Rosen took & still get up. He showed toughness just by taking all those hits if nothing else. The browns had a much better offensive line. If & when our offensive line improves (hopefully this season) I firmly believe we will see how good Rosen is.

OP
OP
P

POISON

Formerly known as Okieguy
Reaction score
I would love to see baker Mayfield take the hits Rosen took & still get up. He showed toughness just by taking all those hits if nothing else. The browns had a much better offensive line. If & when our offensive line improves (hopefully this season) I firmly believe we will see how good Rosen is.
I can't stand Mayfield, but I'll guarantee he's tougher than Rosen. I have a bad feeling he's going to be a flop.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The QB play could have been better, even with our terrible O-line... But I think what Wilkes meant to say was... "I tried like hell, but it really is true... You can't put a round peg in a square hole."

And if he was being totally honest... He would also have said..." I know the phrase “The definition of insanity...... is doing the same thing over and over again, but expecting different results”..... is completely cliché.... But I had 16 games to disprove that theory... And I'm still not quite convinced!"

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Hey Wilks I have a suggestion for you, take a crap in your hat and put it on.