Wildcats land Duquesne transfer McConnell

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Good all around player. Didn't have a great game against UofA in the beginning of the season, but he can shoot and pass the rock. Something we haven't had in a point guard in a while.

Has to wait until 2013 to suit up because of transfer rules, but if Josiah Turner is on the team and he falters again his Sophomore season, his replacement is already in place.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
It's funny reading how Turner has "chosen" to transfer of all things. This is a much-needed lesson for Miller recruiting at an elite level, you need both talent AND character to be elite.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's funny reading how Turner has "chosen" to transfer of all things. This is a much-needed lesson for Miller recruiting at an elite level, you need both talent AND character to be elite.

Do you think he was booted or left on his own? I tend to think booted, I can't see him waiting this long to announce a transfer on his own. At his level he'll get lots of offers but might have had more choices if he'd announced earlier.

I actually won't be surprised to see him try and play overseas ala Brandon Jennings for a year.

I'll say it again at some point you have to realize a kid who's been handled that way for that long isn't going to be easy to coach. When you've been taught when the going gets tough leave, that's going to be your first instinct.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Do you think he was booted or left on his own? I tend to think booted, I can't see him waiting this long to announce a transfer on his own. At his level he'll get lots of offers but might have had more choices if he'd announced earlier.

I actually won't be surprised to see him try and play overseas ala Brandon Jennings for a year.

I'll say it again at some point you have to realize a kid who's been handled that way for that long isn't going to be easy to coach. When you've been taught when the going gets tough leave, that's going to be your first instinct.

He wasn't booted per se, but Miller wanted him to do some things off the court to prove he wanted to be here. Josiah had no interest so it was kind of a mutual parting of ways.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He wasn't booted per se, but Miller wanted him to do some things off the court to prove he wanted to be here. Josiah had no interest so it was kind of a mutual parting of ways.

Interesting.

Pretty nutty, given a choice between following some rules and playing next year or not following rules and transferring he chose to transfer.

Sounds similar to Drew Gordon and UCLA, in the end that worked for Drew I hope it eventually does for Josiah too.

have to admit it's been very sad for me to watch this kid go from such a promising freshman year in HS to where he is now, his mom really did him a disservice the way she treated his highschool years as a pre NBA career.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yeah he did finally admit to having had a major problem with pot and alcohol while at UA but he appears to have decided easier to turn pro than actually have to go to school but not be allowed to play for a year.

Very sad. I hope this finally destroys his moms credibility in youth basketball circles in Sacramento she was actually advising parents of other prospects to have their kids transfer like she did. The Iroegbu family admitted they had both their sons transfer in part because Doris Ward(Turner's mom) advised it, they admitted the other day they regretted it. Sounds like Ikenna is going to stay at Oak Hill he was considering coming home.

She advised a kid named Malik Pope to transfre(via his parents) and now he might be ineligible to play next season in HS.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard