Why you fire Kingsbury now

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
You're absolutely right. I haven't read alot of this board. I am an older member than some but a much newer member than many... Thanks for making me feel so welcome SMH ! ! !
What they did prove is that they were a team who could beat any other team. That's who they are at the present. I watched them win against a Cowboys team that all the talking heads picked them to lose too.
I still stand by my point. No matter what Kingsbury did in college. This is the NFL, so you can quit with that EVERY SINGLE YEAR stuff. The guy has coached in the NFL for 3 years. I repeat 3 years ! ! !By your logic of including college coaching records into NFL coaching records, Nick Saban and Erving Myer should recieve NFL coaching jobs again because they have proven that with their over all 2nd half records that they can finish strong.
If you want to talk about every year meltdowns, talk about Dallas, Minnesota, 49ers superbowl, Rams superbowl. Still makes no sense to throw a guy under the bus after 3 years as an NFL head coach (Especially when that's what ALL the talking heads want to talk about) and the guy has actually more wins than any of some teams coaches in their entire tenure, and if you would like to bring up that this is Kingsbury's track record. Than my simple response is that Nick Saban and Irving Meyer are PERFECT EXAMPLES as to why you can't include a college coaching record into an NFL coaching record...
Just curious... Exactly what is it about Kliff that suggested to you he was an appropriate pick for a NFL Head Coach? Where on his resume, would one say "YES! That's our guy!"??
I question his legitimacy as an Offensive Coordinator as well... But, since you're so passionate about supporting him as a NFL Head Coach, can you describe how you cam to this position? Was it just this year when he won 11 regular season games? Or, are there points in his past that grabbed you?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
In addition to Cheese's examples don't forget him being outperformed within his own conference by the likes of Iowa State and Kansas State. Probably a dozen or more other programs with similar football budgets as TTU that had better records during that time.

Regarding "character assassination" of him being an unserious professional:
You must be registered for see images attach
This is your proof of being a unserious professional? If he's not married and likes hot chicks, and they like him, that does not mean he also does not work his ass off. Hell, most of the time when players or the front office have been asked about his work ethic, they state he goes beyond what is expected and the first to arrive and works late into the night. Now, his results of his hard work might not always payoff, but it's not like he does not try
So, it is alright if he likes hot chicks. It is alright if hot chick chase after him. It is then even alright if they have sex... unprofessional would be you offering photos of scantly dressed women at the workspace doing coke, because him being at a pool with hot chicks during his free time is probably the desired relaxation of most professional guys if they had a choice unless you are Bruce Arians with a bottle of something or another lol

Reaction score
Who’s job was it it to find the talent? Plenty of schools with less resources and comparable competition outperformed the guy over that span.

Kliff is lazy and dumb. Was at TTU and is with the Cardinals. Not sure why you spend so much time caring about defending Kliff when he never cared enough to take his profession seriously.

You sure spend a lot of time cutting him down.

Do you know how I know you are full of ****? The comment that Kliff is lazy & dumb says everything about you & some agenda you may have.

yagetonemoreyear

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Why you fire him now ?
My significant other has been a Cardinal fan but absolutely not serious about (or very knowledgeable about) football. She loved Fitz (who doesn't) but lots of times missed games altogether until THIS YEAR, when she watched every minute of them all.
How unserious was she ? My son and I have spent a whole season teasing her about early season comments such as 'I don't like that teams outfits' and 'ooh, the audience members seem mad at that call'

Very serious indeed. As the 'big collapse' started (and continuing for EVERY game after) she would yell, everytime they did one of their stupid horizontal passes out to the edge..."WHAT ARE THEY DOING THAT PLAY FOR ? THAT HASN'T WORKED IN MONTHS !"
and i can't actually remember a play during that time where it did work and we'd start saying, no, here comes one of those useless sideways passes. I AND her could see it coming (and I am not that much of an expert either, truth be told) and indeed, I don't remember it ever working in any of the later games.

So an untutored, unknowledgeable lady who never played football in her life and rarely watched it before this season knew better than KK that it was a stupid play to call, over and over, when the other team was reading it perfectly every time.

THAT is why Kingsbury needs to be fired. Because Barbara could do better play calls, late in a season than he can.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Why you fire him now ?
My significant other has been a Cardinal fan but absolutely not serious about (or very knowledgeable about) football. She loved Fitz (who doesn't) but lots of times missed games altogether until THIS YEAR, when she watched every minute of them all.
How unserious was she ? My son and I have spent a whole season teasing her about early season comments such as 'I don't like that teams outfits' and 'ooh, the audience members seem mad at that call'

Very serious indeed. As the 'big collapse' started (and continuing for EVERY game after) she would yell, everytime they did one of their stupid horizontal passes out to the edge..."WHAT ARE THEY DOING THAT PLAY FOR ? THAT HASN'T WORKED IN MONTHS !"
and i can't actually remember a play during that time where it did work and we'd start saying, no, here comes one of those useless sideways passes. I AND her could see it coming (and I am not that much of an expert either, truth be told) and indeed, I don't remember it ever working in any of the later games.

So an untutored, unknowledgeable lady who never played football in her life and rarely watched it before this season knew better than KK that it was a stupid play to call, over and over, when the other team was reading it perfectly every time.

THAT is why Kingsbury needs to be fired. Because Barbara could do better play calls, late in a season than he can.
so,...what kind of contract would barb require? say,... four years?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Again imagine spending time defending Kliff Kingsbury as a football coach when his only successful endeavor of the last decade seems to be banging Instagram models. It's really bizarre.
My counter point is that he increased the team win total with a poor GM, a historically poor franchise, and a kinda average DC in a very tough division. Not to say we can't do better but also have to give a guy credit for finding 11 wins in the NFC west in year 3. He isn't the total donkey some want to call him despite having flaws, especially late season and in big games.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
My counter point is that he increased the team win total with a poor GM, a historically poor franchise, and a kinda average DC in a very tough division. Not to say we can't do better but also have to give a guy credit for finding 11 wins in the NFC west in year 3. He isn't the total donkey some want to call him despite having flaws, especially late season and in big games.
And his last 3 teams folded in the back half of ALL 3 seasons in Arizona & 6 at Tech. NINE seasons in a rows!!! How can anyone poo poo that alarming stat away? That’s a trend my friend, which means that’s who Kliff is. A mediocre HC at best

To me this is the year you get rid of him!

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And his last 3 teams folded in the back half of ALL 3 seasons in Arizona & 6 at Tech. NINE seasons in a rows!!! How can anyone poo poo that alarming stat away? That’s a trend my friend, which means that’s who Kliff is. A mediocre HC at best

To me this is the year you get rid of him!
If he doesnt bring in another offensive mind as OC (pass game coordinator) then he's just being stubborn.

Taking 3 timeouts to the half was the type of poor halftime situational stuff that plagued us since the Packers game.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
If he doesnt bring in another offensive mind as OC (pass game coordinator) then he's just being stubborn.

Taking 3 timeouts to the half
was the type of poor halftime situational stuff that plagued us since the Packers game.
Yes. Down 21-0 it was definitely the clock that was holding us back from getting RIGHT BACK IN THERE.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yes. Down 21-0 it was definitely the clock that was holding us back from getting RIGHT BACK IN THERE.
Excuses

We just saw the Bucs come back from down 20-3.
Obviously we didnt, but those kinds of coaching decisions reek of loser mentality/poor game management. I dont care if it works just at least show me that you are going to try to make it work.

Almost forgot the 49ERS were TRAILING 17-0 with THIRTY-EIGHT SECONDS to go in the 1st half. They decided to keep playing and got a FG. Obviously helped in motivating them to come back and win.

21 is insurmountable. 17 apparently isnt.

38 seconds and 2 timeouts its possible to do it. 35 seconds and 3 timeouts nah just take it to the half.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We missed the opportunity for Kyler to throw his 3rd INT in a row. Ya boys drive chart is below; what tells you he needs to keep pressing and not regroup?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kliff is an enigma and I will be damned if I can figure the guy out. Yes, he has clearly shown his teams putter out late season, but why? For people who say it's because his teams are not prepared is not the answer, because this team won a lot of games on the road by double digits and that shows a prepared coaching staff. I also do not buy other teams figuring him out either since he's basically running the same offense from late last season and all that would have been required is seeing the prior tape but obviously that is not it because this team had the best record in the league at one point. I do not put much weight in the 'he failed to motivate them' because good lord this is the pros and seems a little too rah rah if that is what it takes for a grown arse professional to get up for a game. Maybe his late season slides at Tech had to do with the opponents being tougher later on the schedule. Maybe the Cardinals start to tank because we put too much stock in older players who get worn out because our GM cannot draft sufficiently. Maybe we have no clue, because I can see both sides of the posters on this forum and then go "yeah, you're" right lol

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We missed the opportunity for Kyler to throw his 3rd INT in a row. Ya boys drive chart is below; what tells you he needs to keep pressing and not regroup?

The 49ers had 27 NET yards to our 29 NET yards on our chart (not counting the last drive).

Thanks for helping my argument.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Not to their QB consistently. You're just pointing fingers without realizing the clear picture.
I’m sorry, where did kyler look injured in the latter part of the end of this season after taking five weeks to recuperate mid season to make sure he was all good? He was fine. You’re just ignoring patterns (back season slide every year as a head coach) and patterns (can’t win the games in pressure situations) and patterns (i had another one but my 52 year old brain just lost it) for what reason? I have no idea.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sorry, where did kyler look injured in the latter part of the end of this season after taking five weeks to recuperate mid season to make sure he was all good? He was fine. You’re just ignoring patterns (back season slide every year as a head coach) and patterns (can’t win the games in pressure situations) and patterns (i had another one but my 52 year old brain just lost it) for what reason? I have no idea.
The above is further evidenced by the fact that 5 of Kyler’s top 6 rushing games for the season happened... wait for it... after he got back from the injury.

He was fine when he got back. He just didn’t play well when it mattered most.

Last edited:

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
Not only did they NOT fire him, doubled down and the fiasco and extended him 5yrs ... o_O

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Just watched Ryan Fitzpatrick on Good Morning Football. I didn't know that he lives in Arizona, as does Kurt Warner, and both have about seven kids. I only mention the kids because it shows that both must have 'coaching' skills. Now, I know that many want Kliff fired, and if you get your wish would you want either of these two former QB's hired as Kliff's replacement? And if so, which one?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched Ryan Fitzpatrick on Good Morning Football. I didn't know that he lives in Arizona, as does Kurt Warner, and both have about seven kids. I only mention the kids because it shows that both must have 'coaching' skills. Now, I know that many want Kliff fired, and if you get your wish would you want either of these two former QB's hired as Kliff's replacement? And if so, which one?
Fitzpatrick went to high school in Gilbert.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Neither.

Being a head coach is a CEO position that is about managing crises in the moment and managing people and process during the week. Neither of these guys have any experience doing it.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Fitz grew up in AZ and Warner never left, after relocating when he signed with the Cardinals. Warner has helped coach at a high school level for his boys. I wouldn't hire either one to be HC, but maybe bring them in as QB coaches and to help with game planning. They are both smart and got the most out of limited physical ability.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose