Why Verizon Wireless is the best. Period.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
So I've heard about a new family plan Verizon might be coming out with that I would actually be interested in....

However, I'm hoping there's going to be a buy one get one phone sale, since I don't think I'd be able to get the phones and the plan off wirefly.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Oooof.... You sign two contracts on wirefly.... Dont do it. And they stagger the rebates you get out to like 6 months.

Costco, Wal-Mart, or Best Buy. Go there. Costco is the best.

What family plan??

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
http://www.pcworld.com/article/212670/consumer_reports_atandt_slam_points_squarely_toward_verizon_iphone.html

Results from a new Consumer Reports survey puts into real numbers iPhone owners' continuing unhappiness with AT&T's network service, and suggests that a Verizon iPhone would be warmly welcomed by consumers.

The new report has AT&T in last place among major wireless carriers in customer satisfaction. AT&T customers--half of them iPhone owners--gave the carrier dismal marks ("worst") for the overall value of its network service, for voice calling, and for wireless broadband service. AT&T got an overall score of 60 out of 100--nine points shy of the next-to-last carrier T-Mobile, and 6 points down from its performance in a similar CR survey last year.

You must be registered for see images attach

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I've had AT&T before. Was not happy. When you get "No service" inside your own home, it's very frustrating.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verizon is SERIOUSLY trying dcr's patience (and mine, even though he's the one dealing with them). Just switched to them from Sprint, and getting our stupid numbers ported over is becoming a real pain in the butt. I sure hope they're not this incompetent in all of their customer service areas.

Gave them all the info they needed, told us it would be 24-48 hours to port. We give them 4 days since it fell over a weekend. Call them back, and they inform us we have to use their automated system. What was the freaking point in giving them ALL the other info, if we had to use a 2nd system to get it done?

He used the automated system--didn't work on his phone...just had no service on either one. Had to do the automated system again...finally takes. My daughter's phone--used the automated system and nothing happens at all. Now we have to do the automated system again, apparently...prying that thing out of her hands is a challenge, lol.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Verizon is SERIOUSLY trying dcr's patience (and mine, even though he's the one dealing with them). Just switched to them from Sprint, and getting our stupid numbers ported over is becoming a real pain in the butt. I sure hope they're not this incompetent in all of their customer service areas.

Gave them all the info they needed, told us it would be 24-48 hours to port. We give them 4 days since it fell over a weekend. Call them back, and they inform us we have to use their automated system. What was the freaking point in giving them ALL the other info, if we had to use a 2nd system to get it done?

He used the automated system--didn't work on his phone...just had no service on either one. Had to do the automated system again...finally takes. My daughter's phone--used the automated system and nothing happens at all. Now we have to do the automated system again, apparently...prying that thing out of her hands is a challenge, lol.

Their customer service isnt the best. I agree with that 100%. However once everything gets set up and running smoothly they are by far the best carrier IMO. I would NEVER switch away from them ever again regardless of their flaw in CS.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

If it isn't up and running by tomorrow night PM me. I might be able to help.

I will need this info in the PM.

Mobile Numbers.
Last four of SSN on account. (To protect me and verify you).

Sprint Account Number
Exact billing address on your sprint bill.
Any password you may have on your account other than your SSN.

Honestly, Sprint and Nextel are the hardest ports. They add a transparent feature to your account that makes ports fail initially. You must call in and go through a "Save" process that removes the feature. It used to be call Number-guard. Not sure if that is still the name of it.

But, not to deflect blame... It could be VZW also. Customer Service in every line of work is like Russian roulette. Depends on who answers the phone, or processes your account.

Sorry for the trouble. Hopefully it fixes itself.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
I just looked at this thread and laughed...I had forgotten about it completely and haven't posted in this thread or anywhere else on this board for quite some time. At the time of my posts in this thread I was on a shared plan with AT&T. Due to events that have taken place between now and then I had to get a contract/phone plan for just myself. After shopping around, I found that for what i was looking for it was roughly the same price no matter wich carrier it was with give or take $10-20. Keep in mind this isnt the case all the time but I was looking for unlimited minutes, texts, and data and a nice smart phone because I use my phones like my laptop and am realistically using it one way or another more then half of my day/night. Because of my bad credit, etc. AT&T wanted a $150 deposit that was refundable after a year (the shared plan I was on was not under my name/ss#). I have to swallow my pride a little to tell you all this and I know that Anytime is going to love it but I went with Verizon and got myself the Droid 2. While it has taken me some time to get adjusted to it, I have been completely happy with the phone itself. When I compare it to an iphone there are things about each phone that I like and dislike compared to the other. If/when Verizon gets the iphones, which I understand will be in the near future, I fully plan on getting one even if I have to pay full price on it. If their available I will not be waiting for a year or two when my upgrade is available, ill just sell my droid and pay whatever for it. I have liked the droid 2, but if it wasn't for the deposit that AT&T wanted from me I would have gone with them.....for the simple fact that they have iphones.

I saw it mentioned on here, but I was surprised that AT&T does not have unlimited data plans at all. I have no clue what I use and if I use less them 2MB or whatever their plan is then it wouldn't be a problem but I have a feeling that with the amount of time I spend on the internet and streaming radio etc. That I probably use more. The salesman for them told me that it was pretty hard to use more then 2MB a month unless someone was streaming videos on youtube for a couple hours everyday or something.......does anyone know if that is correct? I am interested how much internet data, or whatever its called, the average person or most people with a smart phone use and if its more then 2MB there is going to be a lot of people upset with AT&T's data plans.

When I was picking out a phone I was choosing between the Droid 2 and the Droid X. I have a good friend who I used to be on the shared plan with through AT&T and a few months ago when we had to find a new carrier she got the Droid 2 and has loved it so talking to her and knowing she went from an iphone to that phone and liked it I was definetly interested. She loved having the option to use the keyboard if she didn't want to use the screen keyboard. The Droid X was $50 more but that wasn't enough to really affect my decision. I ended up getting the Droid 2 but I am kinda mad I didn't get the Droid X and I believe I have a couple more days I can return it and switch for the Droid X within my 30 day from purchase time frame. The weird thing is that the salesmen was pushing the droid 2 on me and said that the droid x is only better then the droid 2 if I am planning on using it alot for videos because of the hdmi port. He also made it sound like the battery on the droid x was not as good as the one on the droid 2. He knew the price wasn't an issue for me and I told him I use it primarily for browsing the internet but nothing really specific. I told him a friend had the droid 2 and liked the keyboard and that interested me but I didn't have to have a keyboard I just wanted the best all around phone in his opinion. After asking and questioning him multiple times and asking him what he would get for himself or if it was for a family member and he stood strong on the Droid 2. I have been happy with the droid 2 but I have always wondered if the salesman truly thought it was better or that's what I should get OR if he had to meet a quota or got extra credit or something for selling the Droid 2's specifically and that was his motivation. I have checked out some friends droid x's but I can't decide if I should take mine in and exchange it before my 30 days is up or what. While using the keyboard on a screen has never been a problem for me at all, im not gonna lie I have gotten pretty used to using the slide out keyboard on the droid 2 but there is also something about the shape and size of the droid x and its screen that is awsome. Does anyone have either of these phones or have any reccomendations for me?? Anytime I know you can tell me what you would do if you were me so let's hear it!!

I wish I could say that Verizon Wireless is the best EVER and that's why I chose them but I can't....atleast not yet!! At the same time I have zero complaints with them and have been nothing but happy up to this point. I hope I was able to make some people happy......Anytime!......by thid post and me confessing that I am with verizon now.....it wasn't easy!! Also Anytime, maybe you can get me an early upgrade when the iphones come to Verizon haha jk I know your not a big fan of me but im one of your customers now so you gotta be nice to me!!

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Hi Brian... First off..... Welcome to Big Red!

I saw it mentioned on here, but I was surprised that AT&T does not have unlimited data plans at all. I have no clue what I use and if I use less them 2MB or whatever their plan is then it wouldn't be a problem but I have a feeling that with the amount of time I spend on the internet and streaming radio etc. That I probably use more. The salesman for them told me that it was pretty hard to use more then 2MB a month unless someone was streaming videos on youtube for a couple hours everyday or something.......does anyone know if that is correct? I am interested how much internet data, or whatever its called, the average person or most people with a smart phone use and if its more then 2MB there is going to be a lot of people upset with AT&T's data plans.

It is hogwash. AT&T claims that 98% of all smartphone users use less than 2GB and they are correct. Unfortunately iPhone users average over 2.5GB per month. Blackberries really bring the total average down due to their extremely low data usage. In Fact, Android users have an even higher average data usage than iPhone customers. This is primarily due to the constant updates of your on-screen widgets.

Also Anytime, maybe you can get me an early upgrade when the iphones come to Verizon haha jk I know your not a big fan of me but im one of your customers now so you gotta be nice to me!!

LOL.... I have a horrible memory so I can't hate anyone. But I can't work that type of magic. lol You should buy it outright and sell your droid 2. IMO that is the best way to get it IF it comes.

Does anyone have either of these phones or have any reccomendations for me?? Anytime I know you can tell me what you would do if you were me so let's hear it!!

I have had the original droid, and currently have a Droid X. If it was my primary phone (Blackberry Bold is) I would need the keyboard for texting and email. Battery life is a constant trouble on all smartphones. More about that later.

If I wasn't in the business and a touch screen is all I knew.......I would get the droid X and not look back.

How do you like the voice search features of Android? GPS?

Get the free app... Juice defender for battery life extension. It does all the work for you.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to VZW LTE and 4G someday, however I don't live in a major metropolitan market, so I'm sure it will be a few years before it gets to me. Oh well, Verizon is still the best option for me, hands down.

Brianellsworth

Registered
Reaction score
Anytime-

That is my plan when/if Verizon gets the iphone is to just sell this and purchase it, even though I know the retail price is going to be ridiculous. I have heard Verizon will get them in 2011 and I have also heard that they aren't ever getting them. I know you can't tell me any company" secrets" but do you have any info on that or have there been any articles regarding Verizon and iphones??

I never had a problem with typing on my screen with my iphones or the rare times I do on my Droid but you are correct, it definetly makes it much nicer when typing emails or when writing a lengthy document. People hate texting me because I can respond so quick and the length of my texts are sometimes a bit ridiculous (as you can imagine from the length of my previous post haha).

I know this is a general question but what are some other apps you have found to be useful or that you use on a regular basis? I have alot of the standard ones that everyone gets and I just downloaded that juice defender app so i'll see how that works (although it had quite a few negative reviews, and some positive in the comment section on the market page thing). Just curious if you had any others that I might want.

Thanks for your input and help.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to VZW LTE and 4G someday, however I don't live in a major metropolitan market, so I'm sure it will be a few years before it gets to me. Oh well, Verizon is still the best option for me, hands down.

Me too... But I will say this.... The 4G USB sticks are much faster than the 3G sticks on a 3G network as well. I think it has something to do with the processors.

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Anytime-

That is my plan when/if Verizon gets the iphone is to just sell this and purchase it, even though I know the retail price is going to be ridiculous. I have heard Verizon will get them in 2011 and I have also heard that they aren't ever getting them. I know you can't tell me any company" secrets" but do you have any info on that or have there been any articles regarding Verizon and iphones??

I never had a problem with typing on my screen with my iphones or the rare times I do on my Droid but you are correct, it definetly makes it much nicer when typing emails or when writing a lengthy document. People hate texting me because I can respond so quick and the length of my texts are sometimes a bit ridiculous (as you can imagine from the length of my previous post haha).

I know this is a general question but what are some other apps you have found to be useful or that you use on a regular basis? I have alot of the standard ones that everyone gets and I just downloaded that juice defender app so i'll see how that works (although it had quite a few negative reviews, and some positive in the comment section on the market page thing). Just curious if you had any others that I might want.

Thanks for your input and help.
They tell me the same things you know. And I read the same blogs.

What I do see is a ton of retail new hires.
They say it is for the LTE launch but...... :rolleyes:

About the X/Droid 2 debate. Keep your Droid 2. Sounds like you like it, and no reason to shell out $50 more bucks if you can just re-direct that $50 towards the next purchase.

Other apps?
I posted a ton in this thread.... http://www.arizonasportsfans.com/vb/f20/android-apps-151213.html

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
I'll say this about Verizon - still impressed that my phone gets 3G coverage out in BFE Oregon. Plus, the vast majority of the route from Las Vegas to Bend, OR has some sort of internet coverage - which is necessary for winter driving (since I take the back roads through such major metropolitian areas as Alturas and Susanville).

OP
OP
Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
For you Brian.....

http://www.bgr.com/2011/01/02/verizon-wireless-acquiring-and-registering-verizon-iphone-domains/

It would appear that Verizon Wireless is buying Verizon iPhone-related domains from around the web. PocketNow is reporting that a company called “Verizon Trademark Services, LLC” has purchased iphoneforverizon.com as well as iphoneonverizon.com. The same corporation owns Verizon’s main domain, www.verizon.com, which legitimizes the company and makes this report seem factual.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Let me know when I can get an Iphone with the Android system on it. And one that I can actually replace my own battery and upgrade the memory card...or one that I don't have to use stinking I-Tunes with.

Don't like the control Apple has with the Iphone. Not as much user flexibility as with Android devices.

azsportsfan01

Registered
Reaction score
I love how Apple doesn't have a iphone that can run the 4g network. Over/under 3 months until they announce they have one? It is this type of stuff I can't stand. Apple knows they have a cult following so why not have people shell out $600 every 6 months?

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
Did you see the HTC Thunderbolt? WOW

HopToad & Beaver would approve I think.
Yes, the initial impression is very good. I am due for an upgrade later this year, and I will have to give the Thunderbolt strong consideration. We'll see what the first wave of user reviews say.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Now that Verizon has the IPhone they're getting rid of the new every 2?

In other words now that they have a monopoly on all the best resources they're gonna give their customers a big F you.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard