Why did Suns Collapse in Playoffs?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t disagree more. We are nowhere close to 90s basketball in terms of physical play.

I don’t think they’ve allowed more physical play at all.
We are nowhere close to 90's play on the perimeter. We aren't all the way there down low either and I hope we never get there but we are much closer to it than we were 3 years ago. Don't believe me, then search through Silver's press conferences. He's boasted multiple times about how fans love and appreciate the extra physicality the league is now allowing.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Shaq would be super limited in this era. You flat out can’t play physical like that anymore. Throwing elbows and lowering your shoulder he’s have 4 fouls in the first quarter

He’s be helpless trying to guard the perimeter. Guys can’t just camp out in the paint anymore.

It’s just such a different game.
I think you underestimate the havoc he would wreak against the looneys, Robert williamses, Ayton’s, goberts, etc. He literally wouldn’t have anyone big enough to stand up to him. I’m pretty sure he would make deandre cry. Would he struggle defensively? Yup. But I think he’s averaged 35/game now easily unless every team was willing to play hack-a-shaq for an entire game and have their team in the bonus within 2 minutes of each quarter.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We are nowhere close to 90's play on the perimeter. We aren't all the way there down low either and I hope we never get there but we are much closer to it than we were 3 years ago. Don't believe me, then search through Silver's press conferences. He's boasted multiple times about how fans love and appreciate the extra physicality the league is now allowing.

Lots of physicality going on the Boston vs Golden State playoffs. Yeah, it could be headed that direction.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Was watching the games again a few days ago, mostly 8-12 min highlights on youtube.
Games 1-2, cp3 was quick in his step. Then later on in maybe games 5-7, his legs were dragging. One game he was slightly limping, maybe game 6.

Also defense on the later games, tons of miscommunication between Ayton and Crowder.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Golfermcr