Reaction score
Here's mine, in no particular order other than Greinke at #1

Z. Greinke
T. Walker
R. Ray
P. Corbin
A. Bradley

Odd men out

B. Shipley - youngster - give him some innings in the bullpen and see if he can proves he's worthy of a shot
S. Miller - Too many question marks....to say the least.

Matt L

formerly known as mattyboy
Reaction score
Here's mine, in no particular order other than Greinke at #1

Z. Greinke
T. Walker
R. Ray
P. Corbin
A. Bradley

Odd men out

B. Shipley - youngster - give him some innings in the bullpen and see if he can proves he's worthy of a shot
S. Miller - Too many question marks....to say the least.

Z. Greinke
T. Walker
R. Ray
P. Corbin
S. Miller

Shipley can probably get some more work in the minors. I think Bradley should work in the bullpen and can be used as an option to spell Ray or Miller if they can only throw 4-5 innings. If Miller is as bad as he was last year, bring in Shipley or Bradley and move Miller to the bullpen/minors/waivers.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Cy Young
Nolan Ryan
Steve Carlton
Roger Clemens
Randy Johnson

Z. Greinke
T. Walker
R. Ray
P. Corbin
S. Miller

The last three in any order at this point. I think S. Miller will rebound somewhat.

Rick Waters

Reaction score
Walker has looked lights out since training with VeloPRO Harness. What do you think of this thing? Lot of players and programs seem to be using it.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
With the amount of money and resources we put into Miller, we owe it to OURSELVES to put him in the rotation again and see what we can get out of him. I'm not saying leave him in, but another shot is a given.

Greinke
Corbin
Walker
Ray
Miller

Robbie Ray could have a breakout season if he can just be more consistent, but I guess that is true of everyone...

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
With the amount of money and resources we put into Miller, we owe it to OURSELVES to put him in the rotation again and see what we can get out of him. I'm not saying leave him in, but another shot is a given.

Greinke
Corbin
Walker
Ray
Miller

Robbie Ray could have a breakout season if he can just be more consistent, but I guess that is true of everyone...
I was just thinking, maybe we could make Miller a part owner and loophole his contract? I am just grasping at unrealistic straws here! :)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I was just thinking, maybe we could make Miller a part owner and loophole his contract? I am just grasping at unrealistic straws here! :)

Honestly, I feel like he's due for a bounce back year. I don't know what was in the water last season, but none of our pitchers were themselves, Greinke wasn't his usual self, Goldy had a bit of an off year, our bullpen couldn't throw strikes...

Let's just forget last year, I actually have a strange inkling that Miller is going to bounce back this year and be average. Given his track record, that's about all we can hope for. I think he will win 10+ games this season.

I know baseball is a LONG season, but I truly believe that opening day will be somewhat critical. If Greinke can come out and just dominate and get a win, I think that sets the whole team up with some confidence, as opposed to how last season started.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Shelby Miller headed for a season ending surgery?

PHOENIX -- Shelby Miller will visit Dr. Neal ElAttrache on Tuesday in Los Angeles to receive a second opinion on his right elbow, which landed him on the 10-day disabled list Monday.

Miller left his Sunday start against the Dodgers in the fifth inning after experiencing forearm tightness, which is often an indication of elbow issues.

http://m.mlb.com/news/article/226280242/d-backs-shelby-miller-to-get-second-opinion/
Bradley now moves into rotation.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bradley now moves into rotation.
Nope

As the Diamondbacks await word on the severity of Shelby Miller’s elbow injury, they took their first step toward replacing him in the rotation – at least in the short term – by announcing right-hander Zack Godley will be promoted from Triple-A Reno to start on Wednesday night against the San Diego Padres.

And while that decision means right-hander Archie Bradley will be sticking in his current role in the bullpen, the Diamondbacks say the move is less an indication of how they view Bradley in the big picture and more about his readiness to make a start this week.

That is, more than a month removed from his most recent start and nearly three weeks removed since the last time his pitch count exceeded 40, the Diamondbacks didn’t think the time was right to move Bradley back into the rotation.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
I like where Bradley is in the rotation, mid to late. Hopefully in a month or so he be ready to move up if they need him

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave