Who's your candidate to take over as GM?

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
what happens now to all the staff in scouting/etc thats with cardinals now? Some stay / some go?
Likely the GM brings in his own people. However, it is not unusual for some to be retained. Unless AW or QH get promotions I suspect they will look to move on IMO.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
I wanted an outside guy. So I’m happy about that. Now let’s hope this guys is good at his job! Welcome to Arizona Monti.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Apparently the Cards picked my candidate, Cunningham, but he turned down the job. It had to be either money or something that came up during the interview. Before he interviewed Cunningham would have asked around, so it had to happen during the process. Hopefully someday the “why” will leak out.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently the Cards picked my candidate, Cunningham, but he turned down the job. It had to be either money or something that came up during the interview. Before he interviewed Cunningham would have asked around, so it had to happen during the process. Hopefully someday the “why” will leak out.
I'm still curious to find out what happened

To turn down a promotion like that there has to be something that was a deal breaker

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think it's as simple as, he preferred Tennessee and somebody (agent) told him he was the favorite for that job, so he declined AZ. Things like that happen all the time in corporate America.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
After the Sears move things are looking pretty nice. I like that Harris and Wilson are getting to make their own decisions about their futures. If they are about getting things right they can use this to elevate themselves into a GM spot.

Bkbobo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
It wouldn’t shock me to see the Cards let them go without compensation. Just Bidwill’s kind of thinking.
Maybe he is finally thinking outside his box. Hopefully with a year under a different management style, they can find GM jobs and we can increase our draft capital.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It wouldn’t shock me to see the Cards let them go without compensation. Just Bidwill’s kind of thinking.
It's the new Rooney rule. We automatically get those picks if another team hires then was putin place so they aren't blocked by their current team. It's not compensation from other teams.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
It's the new Rooney rule. We automatically get those picks if another team hires then was putin place so they aren't blocked by their current team. It's not compensation from other teams.
Not certain that applies if they’re released.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose